Windows 10: installing ms Office 2007 pro error

Discus and support installing ms Office 2007 pro error in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; while trying to install ms Office 2007 pro in win 10 v1607(anniversary edition) I get a message that simply says the installation encountered an error.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimdot, Sep 22, 2016.

1. jimdot Win User

installing ms Office 2007 pro error

while trying to install ms Office 2007 pro in win 10 v1607(anniversary edition) I get a message that simply says the installation encountered an error. Any one out y ideas?

Thanks, jim

:)

jimdot, Sep 22, 2016

2. office 2007 on windows 10

I've got the same issue.

Purchased a new PC after the old is not supported any longer, trying to install Office Pro 2007 but get an error, and it never installs.

"Error 1713 Setup cannot install one of the required products for MS Office Shared 64-bit Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007"

I've attempted to install the Package, and each component separately with no success.

Now what?

texascyberdude, Sep 22, 2016
  3. tasdemon Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update error 0x800705b4

thnx @suzanne bosch

turning off get updates for other Microsoft products in windows update
    solved the problem.

the problem started after i reinstalled ms office 2007 and then installed the updates for ms office 2007 from windows update. so it seems there is something in the ms office 2007 updates that caused a conflict for me

im running win10 pro ver1511 with jan2017 windows updates.

tasdemon, Sep 22, 2016
  4. installing ms Office 2007 pro error

Hello and welcome @jimdot:

A bit more information would help us to better help you.

Questions, for starters:
    • Are you logged into Windows from an Admin account, or standard/limited account?
    • Are you installing Office 2007 from a download or from physical media?
    • At what point does the process fail?
    • What is the exact error message or code, e.g. from the Windows event viewer (and/or: a screen shot would be very helpful)?

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 22, 2016
  5. jimdot Win User
    Ans. 1 Logged in as my Admin account.
    Ans. 2 Installing from an extracted ISO file on my HDD
    Ans. 3. Very shortly after I execute the Startup.Exe
    Ans. 4. No error code displays. Just says "Installation encountered an error" Only option is to close the window.

Running Win 10 Pro( ver. 1607 Anniversary Edition)

I have had to do a complete Fresh re-installation from scratch of the above Win 10 version for various reasons & have installed Office Pro 2007 without any problems, multiple time,,, until now!!! I have also tried to install it by booting into Safe Mode & still gotten the same error.

Makes no sense to me??? Hope I've answered all your question accurately.

Thanks, Jim

jimdot, Sep 23, 2016
  6. Hi:

I'm no expert, but it sure sounds as if there is something amiss with some or all of these:
    • Your Win10 installation
    • Your hardware
    • Perhaps the MS Office 2007 iso that you have used "multiple times"

Assuming your hardware is OK....
    ...I would probably start with DISM.

Then I would start fresh with MS Office 2007, rather than using the old iso.
    Here is a MS tutorial:

Download Earlier Versions of Office

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 23, 2016
  7. jimdot Win User
    Thanks for the MM. I was able to solve the issue by restoring an image copy backup to 1 of those times when office did install correctly.

jimdot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

installing ms Office 2007 pro error

1. installing ms Office 2007 pro error - Similar Threads - installing Office 2007

2. MS Office Pro install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Office Pro install: I bought my 2016 MS Office Pro disc through my work. My desktop and laptops have all died that it was installed on. I have a new Desktop & Laptop now with Windows 11. I can put the disc into my desktop but my laptop has no disc tray. How do I install it on these new devices?...
  3. MS Office Pro install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office Pro install: I bought my 2016 MS Office Pro disc through my work. My desktop and laptops have all died that it was installed on. I have a new Desktop & Laptop now with Windows 11. I can put the disc into my desktop but my laptop has no disc tray. How do I install it on these new devices?...
  4. MS Office Pro install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Office 2007 Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 2007 Updates: I have Office 2007 installed but have realised I never seem to have got any updates. Can I get some, from somewhere?Updates is set to download product updates as well as Windows ones.Sorry the available categories for the post don't cover Office...
  6. Windows 10 and MS Office 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 and MS Office 2007: Hi all - I have run into an unusual problem and would like to know if you'd have a suggestion (I have used the Search function but nothing useful turned up). I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 (Build 18363.1379), with all required updates as of 2/21/21. I installed MS...
  7. printing from MS Office 2007

printing from MS Office 2007: I am running Win10 [version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657)] 64 bit, and have problems printing (using Xerox Phaser 6130) from any MS Office 2007 apps. Printer works fine (prints OK from everything else). MS Office 2007 works fine as well (apart from printing). I have no desire or...
  8. MS Office 2007

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Office 2007: Hi - recently I have started to get a pop up from MS One Note. I happen to have an older MS Office Program from 2007. I think the pop up maybe from a newer one note program but I am not sure. I really don't use one note at all. The pop up basically wants me to make entries...
  9. Office 2007 Installation

Office 2007 Installation: My computer froze during office 2007 installation. I then removed the pre-installed office 2013 product and tried to install office 2007. It will not install now. Need some help. 38007
  10. MS Office 2007 loosing support

MS Office 2007 loosing support: I have MSWord 2007 and been using it for quite some time. I also have a legal copy of Office 2016 which I bought a few months ago. I don’t like 2016 as it is so much different with all its bells and whistles so I’m back to 2007. But sometime this year MS will discontinue...