Windows 10: Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files

Discus and support Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install Net Framework 3.5 on my windows 10 laptop but when it gets to the searching for required files the progress bar keeps cycling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zipster1967, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files

I am trying to install Net Framework 3.5 on my windows 10 laptop but when it gets to the searching for required files the progress bar keeps cycling and never gets past that screen. It seems like it connot find or cannot download the Net Framework files needed to install the application. How do I fix this as I need Net Framework 3.5 for Print Artist Platinum version 24.

:)

zipster1967, Apr 24, 2017
  2. DineshOne Win User

unexpected error occurred while troubleshooting

Upgraded to 1607 but unable to get .Net framework 3.5 windows update as it is required , when tried to install .Net 3.5 framework.

Why windows update is required for installing .Net framework 3.5?

DineshOne, Apr 24, 2017
  3. DKBinsuan Win User
    how to reinstall framework .net in windows 10

I enable the framework 4.6 in th program&features but there's another problem about >NET framework 3.5. It's just stuck downloading required files. The reason i diable this to it's becuase of another program

crushing and i search then says uninstall NET. framework 4.5 but i can't see that but then i see .NET framework 3.5 i disable it then when i able it it's just stuck dowloading req files.

DKBinsuan, Apr 24, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files

Hi zipster and welcome to Tenforums.
    Have you tried just enabling it through Control Panel>Turn Windows Features On or Off?

Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files [​IMG]

Search for that in the Cortana search box. I thought it was already enabled in W10 anyway?

simrick, Apr 25, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
  6. TairikuOkami, Apr 25, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    WIndows 10 version 1703 has Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6 or higher. It is supposed to be backward compatible. So you are likely to see the message in the image below:

I was unable to install an Intel program related to Microsoft .Net Framework that Intel chat did not know how to troubleshoot. In the process I found a solution on the internet that worked.

Open administrative command prompt or administrative powershell (menu method or keyboard win + x, a, alt + y) and enter this command to see if it fixes your Net Framework problem (the capital R is important and the command may need to be entered a second time): LODCTR /R or lodctr /R

Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files [​IMG]

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files

1. Installing Net Framework 3.5 hangs when searching for required files - Similar Threads - Installing Net Framework

2. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  4. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  5. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  6. .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files": I've recently installed an app that needs .net framework 3.5. I tried installing it with the offline installer and I got to the loading screen. The bar was stuck for an hour. I tried closing and clicking the cancel button a few times but it wouldn't close. As a last resort to...
  7. .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files"

.net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files": I've recently installed an app that needs .net framework 3.5. I tried installing it with the offline installer and I got to the loading screen. The bar was stuck for an hour. I tried closing and clicking the cancel button a few times but it wouldn't close. As a last resort to...
  8. .net framework 3.5 installer stuck on "searching for required files"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Net Framework 3.5 installation Error: searching for required files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Net Framework 3.5 installation Error: searching for required files: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I need to install .net Framework 3.5 but it gets stuck at "searching for required files". I then have to forcefully stop this update software. Then when restarting windows, it gets stuck at "getting Windows ready Don't turn...
  10. Net Framework 3.5 searching for required files problem

Net Framework 3.5 searching for required files problem: So im having a problem installing Net framework 3.5 it shows searching for required files and nothing else, if i try DISM method it just stays stuck on windows version. any help? 64898

Users found this page by searching for:

1. net framework 3.5 searching for files

2. microsoft .net framework 3.5 searching for required files

3. .net framework 3.5 installation hangs

4. searching for requiered files is blocked,
  5. .net 3.5 installation hangs,
  6. .net installation hangs,
  7. when i download microsoft .net 3 it searches for required files,
  8. .net 3.5 hangs on install,
  9. net framework hangs on download,
  10. downloading required files stuck,
  11. installing .net 3.5 framework hangs,