Windows 10: Installing of updates

Discus and support Installing of updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've disabled Windows update in services but if enabled again it just goes on its merry way and updates I don't know what. Is there a way to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lffoar, Jan 31, 2018.

1. lffoar Win User

Installing of updates

I've disabled Windows update in services but if enabled again it just goes on its merry way and updates I don't know what.
    Is there a way to see the available updates and manually install only those which you want/need and not those that may cause problems?

:)

lffoar, Jan 31, 2018

2. Blue screen while installing updates of windows 10

Please upload to Onedrive or any other file sharing website for better help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 31, 2018
  3. Blue screen while installing updates of windows 10

Minidump.7z

VijayRathore1, Jan 31, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Installing of updates

Yes, set updates to Notify you. E.g. via an option in Windows Update Minitool (free), easily findable- and I've recently posted a screenshot in a thread- or use Winaero's tweaker.

Both make registry changes, and if you have Pro you can use the Group Policy Editor to make those changes.

To block updates, you 'Hide' them (used to be easy in Win 7- same terminology).
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials
    How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 10

Again, Windows Update Minitool can help.

Installing of updates [​IMG]

+-H hides/unhides, dropdown from Notification Mode includes Notify.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2018
Thema:

Installing of updates

1. Installing of updates - Similar Threads - Installing updates

2. Tried all suggested methods to install 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried all suggested methods to install 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...: Unable to install 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893; have tried all the suggested workarounds including manual install, all resulting in "failed to install" error. Please help!...
  3. Tried all suggested methods to install 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried all suggested methods to install 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version...: Unable to install 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893; have tried all the suggested workarounds including manual install, all resulting in "failed to install" error. Please help!...
  4. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  5. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  6. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

7. Constant errors 0x800f0922 when trying to install an update KB5036893 and KB5036620

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant errors 0x800f0922 when trying to install an update KB5036893 and KB5036620: Hello, I’m trying to find help, at least somewhere. Because everything I tried, what I found on the Internet, did not help. What I tried:1.Turn off Firewall2.Try to run Troubleshooter3.Complex of : 3.1Turning on service App Readiness 3.2 Delete $winREAgent and put it back 3.3...
  8. Constant errors 0x800f0922 when trying to install an update KB5036893 and KB5036620

Constant errors 0x800f0922 when trying to install an update KB5036893 and KB5036620: Hello, I’m trying to find help, at least somewhere. Because everything I tried, what I found on the Internet, did not help. What I tried:1.Turn off Firewall2.Try to run Troubleshooter3.Complex of : 3.1Turning on service App Readiness 3.2 Delete $winREAgent and put it back 3.3...
  9. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  10. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...