Windows 10: installing PC games on different drive

Discus and support installing PC games on different drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by encom45, Dec 29, 2015.

1. encom45 Win User

installing PC games on different drive

I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another hard drive G that i use to install bunch of PC games ranging from new to old. I noticed that when some of the pc games want to install Direct X componets, MS .net redistro packs etc an error occurs saying i do not have Admin rights to do this. I know Win10 comes with Directx 11 and that the pc games have direct X 10 so i do not need that updated every time a game asks same goes with the redistro packs for .net and other comparable components do i need to install these components everytime i install a game? why am i getting an error in which i have to be an admin when i already am in the admin group.

:)

encom45, Dec 29, 2015
  2. ab104 Win User

Installing Application on Different Drive

Hello. I am using Windows 10, and it is only allowing me to install an application to my 119GB hard drive rather than the 931GB drive that I paid for with my PC. I am trying to install Mirillis Action! to another drive so that I can record more than 30
    minutes worth of video without running out of memory, but it defaults back to "Local Disk (Cinstalling PC games on different drive :)" despite the location that I choose when installing the application. I have changed my Windows settings so that new apps should be downloaded to the 931GB drive,
    but it won't install there (Screenshot - d39885fd6ff57e9f7514e01b76d35ac4 - Gyazo). I applied the settings, removed Action! completely from my PC, and reinstalled it after selecting that I wanted it installed to New Volume (Dinstalling PC games on different drive :). It is still on my Local Disk,
    and I'm getting annoyed because I paid to be able to use that 931GB. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ab104, Dec 29, 2015
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Dec 29, 2015
  4. RobboUK Win User

Most games will try and install the .NET files everytime you do "Install a new game" I currently have 2 machines 1 gaming and one streaming/mining. In my Gaming machine I have a SSD dedicated for my operating sysytem and programs that I use on a daily basis like photoshop/sony vegas etc. I then have another SSD just for my games, I have this exact same problem. I haven't found a way around it yet, as I am running DX12. Its not too much of a hassle to wait the extra 30 seconds for the pack to install though.

What I would suggest when you are ready to install a said program and you can find the .exe right click go to properties and then security and make sure you have everything checked for the game in question, Windows 10 likes to make different user accounts for some reason.

RobboUK, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

1. installing PC games on different drive - Similar Threads - installing games different

2. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  3. Windows Games on Different Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Games on Different Drive: Heya!I just had to have Windows re-installed on my PC. I had most of my games installed on my D: drive but I'm unsure how to get Windows to recognize them so I can play. I'm not able to see them in the Xbox app like normal. Any help is appreciated....
  4. Windows Games on Different Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Games on Different Drive: Heya!I just had to have Windows re-installed on my PC. I had most of my games installed on my D: drive but I'm unsure how to get Windows to recognize them so I can play. I'm not able to see them in the Xbox app like normal. Any help is appreciated....
  5. Windows Games on Different Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. installing new os on different drive on pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing new os on different drive on pc: HI, ive just installed another hard drive into my pc. At the moment i am operating windows 7 on my "c" drive, but i would like to install windows10 from a usb onto my new drive. If i click on "install" will it ask where i want to install it? or will it automatically install...
  7. Playing a game on a different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playing a game on a different drive: I just installed a new ssd into my computer and I still have the hdd installed. I want to buy the game pass while its on sale to play sea of theives, as I have done in the past, and I still have it installed on my old hdd. How do I play the game without booting from the old...
  8. Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC: So i recently installed a new SSD on my PC and set it as my boot drive. however, I had already installed 4 games from the xbox app on my HDD before I installed the SSD. the games don't show up on the xbox app -- I looked through programfiles and windowsapps and could only...
  9. Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade: I just changed my motherboard and cpu and when i try to download the games on the xbox app on windows 10 it tells me the drive is not suitable for installing games. https://gyazo.com/7470de47c52353e4872deb5fb0c369d6 https://gyazo.com/b651f485028e75b206fb9e0bca0c967a...
  10. installing to different drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing to different drive: I only use my c drive for windows. I want to install all other programs to my d drive in windows 10. how do I change the default drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-to-different-drive/80b5b159-c3aa-48a9-8e0d-da14a95c9482