Windows 10: Installing Secondary Monitor HDMI (LG brand) Windows 10

Discus and support Installing Secondary Monitor HDMI (LG brand) Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, trying to setup up a secondary monitor (LG 24MP58) for my Lenovo Yoga 900 tablet...to no avail. Everything seems to be assembled correctly, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimm, Apr 28, 2016.

1. jimm Win User

Installing Secondary Monitor HDMI (LG brand) Windows 10

Hi all, trying to setup up a secondary monitor (LG 24MP58) for my Lenovo Yoga 900 tablet...to no avail. Everything seems to be assembled correctly, but absolutely no response from the LG. Doesn't even light up or appear to be "trying" to work. There are no physical buttons or controls of any kind, on the monitor. Win 10 generated a Generic PnP monitor in Devices. HDMI is connected to Type-C USB port on tablet via Insignia adapter. Would eventually like to have a duplicate of my tablet screen on the LG.
    Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

jim

Additional info:

HARDWARE tab

Generic PNP Monitor properties

Device Functions:
    EP-HDMI-RX Intel Display Audio
    Generic PnP Monitor

Manufacturerr: Std Monitor Types
    Device Status: This device is working properly (yeah...right)

:)

2. Dual monitor recognized as a single REALLY wide generic monitor after update

Prior to installing KB4056892 on January 31, I had two separate monitors;

Brand : HP

Model : L2245GW

Connection : DVI

Recognized by Windows 10 as HP L2245GW

Device number : Secondary

Physical postition : Left hand

Brand : LG

Model : 23EN43

Connection : HDMI

Recognized by Windows 10 as LG 23EN43

Device number : Primary

Physical position : Right hand

Video card details;

Brand : AMD Radeon

Model : R9 200

AMD software version : 17.11.1

Windows driver version : 23.20.788.0 (November 2, 2017)

After installing the update, the system now insists I have only one monitor (Generic PnP) with a resolution of 3600 X 1044) with the Start button being located on the left hand monitor. Before the update, I could run an app full screen and it would restrict
    itself to the one monitor it was last launched on. After the update, an app running full screen stretches across both monitors. The 12" (30cm) gap between the two monitors makes this utterly impractical. The AMD Radeon settings software correctly identified
    the 2 separate moitors both before and after the install of the update.

I have tried different DVI and HDMI cables

I have rolled back to a prior version of the Radeon driver

I have checked for subsequent updates (both Windows and AMD)

I have physically disconnected and reconnected both monitors

I contacted MS Support and, during an RDP session with them, their answer was that neither monitor is supported by Windows 10 and the answer was to buy two new montors with Windows 10 support. This seemed to be based on the support staff searching for a
    driver on the manufacturers web site and not finding any.

I told the support staff that

• both monitors used the out-of-the-box Windows drivers and had since the release of Windows 10
    • both monitors had worked correctly under Windows 10 prior to the installation of the update
    These two points seemed immaterial to the support staff.

Really, Microsoft??

Ewen Bishop, Apr 28, 2016
  3. Had 2 monitors this morning, now only 1 is detected.

Primary monitor this morning was an ACER. Secondary monitor was an LG. Now the system does not detect but 1 monitor, and will not let me add a new device. system is windows 10 on ASUS tower, monitor that is
    missing is ACER, monitor that is recognized is LG. Don't know what else to include. Help.

<Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate>

CherylAaberg, Apr 28, 2016
  4. Installing Secondary Monitor HDMI (LG brand) Windows 10

Press the *Start + P keys and select Extend or Duplicate and see what happens. You stated "HDMI is connected to Type-C USB port on tablet via Insignia adapter." Did you install the drivers for that adapter? I have a portable USB 3 monitor I use on my laptop, I have install Display Link for it to work VIA USB.

alphanumeric, Apr 28, 2016
  5. jimm Win User
    AlphaN, thx for the reply and suggestion. I tried the Win Key + P several times and nothing seemed to change. The Insignia adapter cable is about 7" long. The HDMI cable plugs into one end and the other into the Type-C port on tablet. Don't think it needs a driver, I know nothing about it.
    On another thread, someone stated that the Windows 10 graphics driver doesn't allow for secondary monitors. I don't have a clue if this is true or not. There was also a CD included in the packaging for the LG that looks like it contains drivers and software program for on-screen control. When all else fails...read the manual. Guess I'll get a lesson in driver installation. Thanks again for the help. *Smile

6. RWOne Win User
    The CD with the monitor is a monitor driver, typically not needed for the most part, at least I haven't had the need to specify a monitor for a while. sometimes it's needed to specify to the system a specific range of resolutions the monitor is capable of. Now it could have the display link SW on it, refer to below.

Sounds like you may want to check the installed display driver (Graphics card) for the tablet, or, hearing as alphanumeric did, I think you need something to enable the USB like display link.

Natively, hooking a monitor to a USB is not going to get a response from windows, it doesn't know a monitor is there, hence the additional software like display link.

RWOne, Apr 28, 2016
  7. I'm pretty sure your USB to HDMI adapter is going to need a driver. Windows doesn't see it as a Monitor, it see's it as a USB device. My portable monitor is USB by design. It doesn't need an adapter. In my case Windows knows what it is and installs Display Link all on its own. I'd go to the manufacturers web site for instructions on use and setup of your USB to HDMI adapter..

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Installing Secondary Monitor HDMI (LG brand) Windows 10

1. Installing Secondary Monitor HDMI (LG brand) Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing Secondary Monitor

2. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor: I am using windows 10 and dual monitors. How can I have all system icons e.g., clock, notification center, etc on my secondary monitor? It used to be possible but now I can't choose where to have the icons or move them manually....
  3. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor: I am using windows 10 and dual monitors. How can I have all system icons e.g., clock, notification center, etc on my secondary monitor? It used to be possible but now I can't choose where to have the icons or move them manually....
  4. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Icons Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI: First of all I am super piece by this company YES Microsoft who pretend to bring innovation which actually just a big piece of cosmetic **** on top of pile of **** which is the succession of all windows since 7.I have a 3 screen configurations. 1 HDMI, 2 DP. Primary is on...
  6. My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My folder alway open on a secondary monitor HDMI: First of all I am super piece by this company YES Microsoft who pretend to bring innovation which actually just a big piece of cosmetic **** on top of pile of **** which is the succession of all windows since 7.I have a 3 screen configurations. 1 HDMI, 2 DP. Primary is on...
  7. No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No display on secondary monitor when connected using HDMI cable: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 laptop, I have a problem where my second display which is connected via HDMI is detected and seems to get a signal as it turns on but it doesn't display an image. My primary monitor uses the internal Intel gpu while my secondary is using the...
  8. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE: I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college. 59100
  9. Secondary monitor

Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...
  10. LG 27" monitor with HDMI & windows 10 = headache inducing blurry text!

LG 27" monitor with HDMI & windows 10 = headache inducing blurry text!: Look at how AWFUL windows 10 fonts and text are...I have tried so many solutions that I've read about online but NOTHING has worked! I'm wondering if either windows 10 fonts will not render correctly with this monitor model or windows 10 cannot deal with the higher resolution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what haapend whe installing windows software when HDMI cable is pluged in