Windows 10: Installing site certificate using Edge?

Discus and support Installing site certificate using Edge? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a NAS which gives a certificate which is not trusted and has to be added to the trusted certificate store. This is simple using Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MacNala, Dec 3, 2015.

1. MacNala Win User

Installing site certificate using Edge?

I have a NAS which gives a certificate which is not trusted and has to be added to the trusted certificate store. This is simple using Internet explorer but I can't find the way to do this using Edge.
    Can anyone help?

:)

MacNala, Dec 3, 2015

2. Strange syncronisation behaviour for exchange (Certificate problem)

This error indicates that the server certificate is not trusted. Install certification authority certificate by sending the .cer file by email (as described inhttp://social.answers.microsoft.com...7/thread/05f40089-f502-4cb9-9a2b-602a2094ed70)
    or publishing on a web site and tapping the file. If there are more levels of certification authorities in your infrastructure you can export the complete hierarchy as a .p7b file. This file can also be emailed to the device or published on a web site. The
    device is then able to install the complete certificate hierarchy from this file.

Jiri H. - MSFT, Dec 3, 2015
  3. jmroth Win User
    Installing a new Authority Certificate on E71

From what I found out, the certificate has to be in DER format and have the .cer extension. If it then is a certification authority (ie. root) certificate, it will install rightaway when you open it using the web browser. After that, no more trusted site
    certificates will be needed since all certificates signed by the CA will be covered.

jmroth, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

Installing site certificate using Edge?

1. Installing site certificate using Edge? - Similar Threads - Installing site certificate

2. Edge Site permission setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Site permission setting: In the Edge settings Privacy, search and services / Clear browsing data on close, site permission has a number.I can find many articles how to set the setting on/off, but I cannot find how to view what makes up the number of sites.Also, out of the many articles, I have not...
  3. Edge Site permission setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Site permission setting: In the Edge settings Privacy, search and services / Clear browsing data on close, site permission has a number.I can find many articles how to set the setting on/off, but I cannot find how to view what makes up the number of sites.Also, out of the many articles, I have not...
  4. Edge Site permission setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. New 7 Pro 64 installation can't download: site certificates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New 7 Pro 64 installation can't download: site certificates?: Today, I took out an old two-disk laptop that's been in a drawer since it stopped working about 7 years ago, installed an old SSD where I had long ago removed its main disk, whipped out one of my original Pro 64 SP1 installation CDs, and successfully installed the OS. It even...
  6. how to use certificates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to use certificates: how to use certificates and properly install them on a windows 10 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-certificates/d8c6a6d2-77b8-44f9-a9b9-a2b9d356a3eb
  7. Can't connect to several certificated sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to several certificated sites: I need some help with accessing secure sites. I've been having a problem with many certificated sites. When attempting to connect to them I'm met with this error: This site is not secure This might mean that someone’s trying to trick you or steal any information that you...
  8. Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem: Anyone having security certificate problems when trying to use Outlook.com mail with Firefox recently might want to watch this site for Microsoft's progress in fixing the fault. Office 365 Service Status I can usually get in now with repeatedly clicking the Retry button...
  9. Edge compatibility with certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge compatibility with certain sites: I've found two sites (so far) that have scrolling compatibility issues with Edge. Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store is one and the other is the Cakewalk/Sonar forum Cakewalk Forums In either site, I can scroll (vertically) through front pages without problems....
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...