Windows 10: Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

Discus and support Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by purushottammallick, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update settings and I have to install a beta package of ubuntu from programme and features options in control panel.So my question is while installing that package will it install any Windows update too?or will it only install the ubuntu package?

I am on metered connection so can't download windows updates.

Moved from: Windows Insider Preview / Windows Update / PC

:)

purushottammallick, Jul 23, 2018
  2. me15prg9926, Jul 23, 2018
  3. bash on ubuntu

actually I'm very much glad to know why my bash on Ubuntu is not working on windows 10 on evalution copy build 14367.rs1 _release . 160613-1700 ... And you might also help me by sharing your valuable suggestions

Bhaskarjyoti das, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

Linux (Ubuntu) in Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Microsoft in bed with enemy)

If you have Windows 10 x64 with the Anniversary Update installed, it is now possible to run Linux within a Windows prompt.

Turn on "Developer Mode"
    Restart PC
    In "Turn Windows features on or off" Select "Windows Subsystem for Linux"
    Restart PC
    In a command promt type bash

Install the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10

I find that cool .....

VulkanBros, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

1. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update - Similar Threads - Installing Ubuntu bash

2. SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash: Hi there, I enabled ssh connection from a Mac to WSL2 ubuntu following these steps-> https://www.hanselman.com/blog/the-easy-way-how-to-ssh-into-bash-and-wsl2-on-windows-10-from-an-external-machineThe first connection works well, but after terminating the session and start...
  3. Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Bash on Windows 10: This is the up to date Windows 10. I got as far with the BASH installation as clicking on the Bash icon waiting to be asked if I want to install Ubuntu. A black window appears and promptly vanishes before doing anything useful. Help! Thankyou peter...
  4. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  5. Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?: Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has installed Bash on Windows 10 yet, and what their experience has been? I see Microsoft are very clear that it is beta software: Bash on Ubuntu on Windows | MSDN I'm keen to try this out as it could be useful for me, but dont want...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash Summary

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash Summary: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49421
  7. Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut: How to: Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut How to Create a Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut [img] Information Microsoft first made investments that improve cmd, PowerShell, and many other command-line tools and developer scenarios. Second Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash progress

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash progress: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 48744
  9. Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Junk 2016 Bug Bash progress

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Junk 2016 Bug Bash progress: Hi Windows Insiders, Thank you again for joining for the second ever Bug Bash for Windows Insiders. As you know, we had kicked off Windows 10 Anniversary Update June 2016 Bug Bash earlier this week with build 14366 for PC and 14364 for Mobile. You can find more details on...