Windows 10: installing Win 10 on a New Drive

Discus and support installing Win 10 on a New Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i want to install a completely clean install of windows 10 on my new hard drive i just ordered to replace my aging C drive... but i don't want to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J Wischler, Jul 11, 2018.

1. installing Win 10 on a New Drive

i want to install a completely clean install of windows 10 on my new hard drive i just ordered to replace my aging C drive... but i don't want to just to a copy of all the crud and files that are on the current C drive from the past 8 years

. what is the best way to go about this? i already am using windows 10 on the current Drive.

:)

J Wischler, Jul 11, 2018

2. Installing the Win 10 upgrade on a new hard drive

I have an HP computer that recently informed me that there was "no boot disk in drive and could not read the hard drive" or words to that effect. I tried to restart several times with no success. Eventually, it did nothing; no message at all. I talked to
    several "experts" and they told me I needed to buy a new version of Win 10, another said you needed a new hard drive and install Win 10. I followed these instructions but nothing happened. The were no instructions received with the new hard drive although
    it seemed fairly simple. Win 10 came with 3 steps as follows:

1. Insert USB into device port.

2. Power on computer and configure it to boot from USB drive.

3. If prompted enter your product key.

I didn't get past Nr 2.

How do I do Nr 2 when the computer reacts to nothing.

Any ideas what is wrong.

RobertLauck, Jul 11, 2018
  3. little cat, Jul 11, 2018
  4. installing Win 10 on a New Drive

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

installing Win 10 on a New Drive

1. installing Win 10 on a New Drive - Similar Threads - installing Drive

2. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  3. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  4. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

6. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  7. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  8. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible: After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives both C &D are not accessible though i can see them. It says not responding even if I right click to scan or double click to open...
  10. After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible

After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives are not accessible: After installing KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296 my drives both C &D are not accessible though i can see them. It says not responding even if I right click to scan or double click to open...