Windows 10: Installing windows 10 enterprise replacing windows 8.1 pro

Discus and support Installing windows 10 enterprise replacing windows 8.1 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I want to do a clean install of windows 10 enterprise, in replacing windows 8.1 pro on my dell laptop. My dell laptop was dell inspiron 7447,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jackcrimson, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Installing windows 10 enterprise replacing windows 8.1 pro

Hi, I want to do a clean install of windows 10 enterprise, in replacing windows 8.1 pro on my dell laptop. My dell laptop was dell inspiron 7447, GENUINE ORIGINAL WINDOWS 8.1 PRO, WITH INJECTED PRODUCT KEY IN MOTHERBOARD.

I had tried to install all-in-one windows 10 editions, to install the windows 10 enterprise edition. But it AUTOMATICALLY RE-DIRECT ME TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10 PRO EDITION. CANNOT CHOOSE THE WANTED EDITIONS.

So, can anyones help me with this?

If possible, can someone guide me to install windows 10 enterprise? Or some ways to disable the injected product key?

:)

jackcrimson, Apr 1, 2016

2. Installed the wrong version of windows 10 and cant activate

Originally I had windows 8 pro, then upgraded to 8.1 pro. when I upragded to windows 10 I upgraded to windows 10 enterprise by accident using the an ISO file. I thought enterprise was just the new name for pro. Obviously now I cant activate windows because
    I have a product key for pro not enterprise. So I think I need to reinstall windows 8 pro from the disc then upgrdae to 8.1 pro then 10 pro.

My question is with windows 10 enterprise installed if I install windows 8 from the disc will it delete all my files and programs?

dfatSalmon, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Going from Windows 10 Personal to Windows 8.1 Pro Enterprise

To operate Autodesk's Infrastructure Design Suite I the operating system needs to be Windows 8.1 Pro Enterprise. Currently I have Windows 10 Home. Question: Can I install the 8.1 Pro Enterprise w/o doing a complete wipe?

GregSmith195, Apr 1, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Installing windows 10 enterprise replacing windows 8.1 pro

Do you really want to do this? - what benefit do you think having an unlicensed Windows 10 Enterprise on your Laptop will have over a licensed Windows 10 Pro , which the upgrade will give you?

Fafhrd, Apr 1, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You will have to download Windows 10 Enterprise. The Windows 10 editions available from both Media Creation Tool and Tech Bench include only Pro and Home. You get Enterprise from here:
    Windows 10 Enterprise | TechNet Evaluation Center

As Fafhrd said, there isn't much benefit in running Enterprise over Pro for the home user and you will have to find a way to LEGALLY activate Enterprise.

NavyLCDR, Apr 1, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    I believe the OP has an unofficial All-in-One ISO, which contains an image of the Enterprise edition (I don't know which build), as well as the retail editions. However, the forum rules prohibit discussion of certain "Unofficial" sources of Windows 10 Software.

Fafhrd, Apr 1, 2016
  7. Fafhrd, windows 10 enterprise UNLOCKED MORE FEATURES & FUNCTIONS, THAN WINDOWS 10 PRO right?

jackcrimson, Apr 1, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Apr 1, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR, MUST I LEGALLY GET A GENUINE COPY OF WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE, TO INSTALL IT ON MY 'INJECTED PRODUCT KEY' DELL LAPTOP?

ANY OTHER WAYS THAN THIS?

jackcrimson, Apr 1, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    We can't/won't discuss illegal methods here. I would give you fair warning that you are probably getting close to be being banned from this forum.

NavyLCDR, Apr 1, 2016
  11. z3r010 Win User
    Yes, you must get a legal copy otherwise you are a thief and we don't help thieves.

z3r010, Apr 1, 2016
  12. I'm sorry, I won't discuss them anymore. Thanks.

jackcrimson, Apr 1, 2016
  13. Fafhrd Win User

OK @jackcrimson, now that's understood, there is little advantage featurewise of Enterprise over Professional - unless you are part of a commercial enterprise domain - but that's real money, and only worthwhile when a lot of seats or enterprise users are part of a larger organization that requires reliability and actually fewer new features than may be available in the latest builds of retail Windows Professional (Insider builds).

However, you can run Enterprise as a trial installation, perfectly legally, alongside your professional upgrade, as NavyLCDR pointed out here:

Solved Installing windows 10 enterprise replacing windows 8.1 pro - Windows 10 Forums

Or as a virtual machine (Edge on Windows 10) from here:

Virtual Machine (VM), Windows Virtual PC BrowserStack

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing windows 10 enterprise replacing windows 8.1 pro - Similar Threads - Installing enterprise replacing

2. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: I built my own PC, originally installed Windows 10 Pro but my IT bf said that Enterprise is better. I already bought Pro license through Microsoft but I can't seem to find where can I buy to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise key? I've been reading it's mostly used by...
  3. I can't install Windows 10 Pro on Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install Windows 10 Pro on Enterprise: Hi, I've been trying to install Windows 10 Pro on a computer that runs Enterprise.When I try to do that, it shows up with an error saying:"This tool can't update your PC,The language or edition of the version of Windows currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise To Pro: I have a computer that has an un-activated Windows 10 Enterprise. Seeing that it is not activated can I use a valid purchased Windows 10 Pro key and it will be Pro? I don't want to have to reinstall it and an activated Enterprise is far too much for what this person needs it...
  5. AdoptOpenJDK 8 issue on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    AdoptOpenJDK 8 issue on Windows 10 Enterprise: AdoptOpenJDK version: 8u275-b01 OS Version: 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363 When I try to start Cassandra, I get this error message: Exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError encountered during startup:...
  6. Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install

Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install: I got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. Went on MS store to upgrade through settings to Windows 10 Pro. The installation asks for activation again as the enterprise edition got installed. I have not seen any easy known solution as these are digital licenses....
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro: I had Windows 10 Pro installed, however I recently had to fully reset my PC and this ended up installed Enterprise and not Professional. I can't activate my Windows because the wrong type was installed and I can't find my key because it was injected into my motherboard by the...
  8. Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 8 could not install in window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 8 could not install in window 10: I just bought Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 8 but could not install in my win 10 pro laptop. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nuance-pdf-converter-enterprise-8-could-not/e350d13f-9916-43d9-b9c2-1341ea1203fb
  9. Windows 10 pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 pro to Enterprise: Hello I have windows 7 professional. I did the the free upgrade to windows 10. I have HD images of both, so can switch between them. Apparently this ifs fine but cannot run both at once. I am thinking of upgrading my windows 10 professional to enterprise. The reason is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: How can upgrade from windows 10 Pro to Enterprise without reinstall Windows 10? 19714