Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 from External Hard Drive

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 from External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop that has Linux on it. I want Windows 10 Pro. I have the iso, but can't find my usb sticks. Is there an easy way to install from an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sparker781, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Installing Windows 10 from External Hard Drive

I have a laptop that has Linux on it. I want Windows 10 Pro. I have the iso, but can't find my usb sticks. Is there an easy way to install from an external hard drive reader? I have one that I can read drives from and was wondering how it can be done if possible?

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Jul 12, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

WINDOWS Easy File Transfer Windows 10

• Attach the USB cable from the Windows 8.1 computer to an external hard drive.
    • Copy files and folders from the Windows 8.1 computer to the external hard drive.
    • Attach the USB cable from the external hard drive to the Windows 10 computer.
    • Move files and folders to the Windows 10 computer.

BulldogXX, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Image

I have recently purchased a new hard drive for my laptop and want to transfer Windows 10 from my laptop to the hard drive without purchasing a new copy of Windows 10.

I have an extra external hard drive to install and copy Windows to and from the new hard drive.

Thank you

Mitchell Whitmyer, Jul 12, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Installing Windows 10 from External Hard Drive

5. CmmTch Win User
    I'm not familiar with external HDD readers so I can't help you with that question.

For installing W10 copy the iso you have to the drive you want to install W10 on (remove all other drives/storage devices except the one you want W10 on) right click the iso, mount it, double click setup and it should install.

I think unless you create another partition it will delete the Linux OS, if that's ok then let W10 do as it wants as far as formatting and installing.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 from External Hard Drive

1. Installing Windows 10 from External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Installing External Hard

2. installation media with external hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installation media with external hard drive windows 10: Hi can anyone give me instructions on how to create installation media with an external hard drive for windows 10? i broke my laptop and now im trying to fix it, i have usb flash drives but they all dont have enough storage for the installation so im hoping anyone can help...
  3. installation media with external hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installation media with external hard drive windows 10: Hi can anyone give me instructions on how to create installation media with an external hard drive for windows 10? i broke my laptop and now im trying to fix it, i have usb flash drives but they all dont have enough storage for the installation so im hoping anyone can help...
  4. installation media with external hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing windows 10 to and from external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 to and from external hard drive?: Having trouble figuring out how to do this. I'm building a new PC and I have everything for it other than it's hard drive. I have an external hard drive that I want to use as a temporary hard drive for the computer just to test that everything is working properly. Thing is,...
  6. Installing windows 10 from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 from external hard drive: I know i can install windows 10 from a usb where i have the iso file to my new system but does it also work with a external hard drive using a usb cabel? The hard drive would be a seagate 1tb expansion submitted by /u/LordTachankaCantDie [link] [comments]...
  7. External hard drive installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive installation: I am using Windows 10 and am trying to get my computer recognize my external hard drive via a USB port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-installation/5fbf5c54-03af-4c0a-95aa-c2d0f473c5ec
  8. install Win 10 on external hard drive

install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  9. install Win 10 on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  10. External hard drive won't install windows 10

External hard drive won't install windows 10: Hello I have a problem with tying to install windows 10 on my external hard drive. The hard drive is empty and I'm setting it up for the first time. Its saying it won't install because its connected via usb. Is there any way round this problem? Many thanks in advance....