Windows 10: installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

Discus and support installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi folks, I am planning a new build and want to install Windows using a USB from Amazon. My question is will it already be uefi formatted? I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spicypizza, May 11, 2016.

1. installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

hi folks,

I am planning a new build and want to install Windows using a USB from Amazon. My question is will it already be uefi formatted? I've searched but have come up blank. If it isn't, should I purchase the product key instead, download the ISO file from Windows and the copy to my own usb stick which I can format to uefi?

My planned build is:
    i7 6770K
    Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5
    GTX 1080
    HyperX Fury 2133mhz 16gb
    Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD nvme 256 gb (boot drive)
    SanDisk SSD 960gb (storage)

Thanks for any help.

the Amazon link - Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit English International: Amazon.co.uk: Software

:)

spicypizza, May 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 Home

Good Day,

I purchased a usb copy of Windows 10 Home edition from Amazon. When installed I found out it was actually Windows 10 Pro Education. I am unable to update as this was not the base version of Windows 10 home, what should i do. Thanks.

jeff cloutier, May 11, 2016
  3. JonL_396 Win User
    Windows activation

Completely clean install. Previously had windows 7 on the machine. Key entered as part of install. No hardware changes. Bought the formal windows product from amazon with the USB and product key packaged together as an official windows 10 home box.

JonL_396, May 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

Yes, it should work with UEFI. It will come with a product key anyway which you can use with your own USB installation drives, for example if you make a new one when the next major build upgrade comes out (in July).

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2016
  5. thanks for the speedy reply *Smile

spicypizza, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

1. installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon - Similar Threads - installing Home using

2. Purchased a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home Installed from an Amazon seller...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home Installed from an Amazon seller...: The laptop was supposed to have Windows 10 Pro. I contacted the seller and they provided me with the Windows 10 pro upgrade key, yet the instructions provided are for me to turn Wifi off before installing. This sounds sketchy... Why would I need to turn off wifi to upgrade...
  3. Purchased a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home Installed from an Amazon seller...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home Installed from an Amazon seller...: The laptop was supposed to have Windows 10 Pro. I contacted the seller and they provided me with the Windows 10 pro upgrade key, yet the instructions provided are for me to turn Wifi off before installing. This sounds sketchy... Why would I need to turn off wifi to upgrade...
  4. Purchased a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home Installed from an Amazon seller...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB: Hi,I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.Here's the situation:I have Windows Education running.I used Rufus to create a bootable Windows USB so, the USB has two partitions, one with the UEFI.I enter the BIOS and configure my setup, changing to boot from the USB...
  6. Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB: Hi,I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home.Here's the situation:I have Windows Education running.I used Rufus to create a bootable Windows USB so, the USB has two partitions, one with the UEFI.I enter the BIOS and configure my setup, changing to boot from the USB...
  7. Trying to Install Windows 10 Home - Cannot boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I already bought license windows 10 home from amazon

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I already bought license windows 10 home from amazon: I already bought license windows 10 home from amazon but I can not activate my device. Amazon send me product key when I go to setting change product key it does not work. Someone help me please...
  9. usb install win 10 home

usb install win 10 home: Hello I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from microsoft / amazon have the digital key / product key for activation on it ? Will i have to pay extra to get activation if i use a...
  10. Windows 10 Home USB Installation

Windows 10 Home USB Installation: I got an installation USB today at BestBuy. My rig is a Skylake i7 in a Kabylake ITX with an empty slot where sat a now damaged WiFi card. My RX 560 graphics card is in it now, and the two DIMMs are full, with 2x8GB DDR4, either 2400mhz or 3600mhz. There's a little SSD for...