Windows 10: installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

Discus and support installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi folks, I am planning a new build and want to install Windows using a USB from Amazon. My question is will it already be uefi formatted? I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spicypizza, May 11, 2016.

1. installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

hi folks,

I am planning a new build and want to install Windows using a USB from Amazon. My question is will it already be uefi formatted? I've searched but have come up blank. If it isn't, should I purchase the product key instead, download the ISO file from Windows and the copy to my own usb stick which I can format to uefi?

My planned build is:
    i7 6770K
    Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5
    GTX 1080
    HyperX Fury 2133mhz 16gb
    Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD nvme 256 gb (boot drive)
    SanDisk SSD 960gb (storage)

Thanks for any help.

the Amazon link - Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit English International: Amazon.co.uk: Software

:)

spicypizza, May 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 Home

Good Day,

I purchased a usb copy of Windows 10 Home edition from Amazon. When installed I found out it was actually Windows 10 Pro Education. I am unable to update as this was not the base version of Windows 10 home, what should i do. Thanks.

jeff cloutier, May 11, 2016
  3. JonL_396 Win User
    Windows activation

Completely clean install. Previously had windows 7 on the machine. Key entered as part of install. No hardware changes. Bought the formal windows product from amazon with the USB and product key packaged together as an official windows 10 home box.

JonL_396, May 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

Yes, it should work with UEFI. It will come with a product key anyway which you can use with your own USB installation drives, for example if you make a new one when the next major build upgrade comes out (in July).

NavyLCDR, May 11, 2016
  5. thanks for the speedy reply *Smile

spicypizza, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon

1. installing Windows 10 Home using usb from Amazon - Similar Threads - installing Home using

2. Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home: I have two pcs' that I use frequently, 1st is my main desktop with Windows 10 Home and local account and the 2nd is my laptop which I use less frequent with Windows 10 Pro with local account too, non of my pcs' have a Microsoft Account to sign in. My question is if I encrypt...
  3. Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing win 10 home from usb UEFI or non UEFI?: I will be installing win 10 home on a new ssd drive on a new system. I've read Brink's how to on downloading and installing from a bootable usb. Should I opt for a UEFI install or non UEFI? What precautions do I take to make sure my components are compatible with UEFI? Do I...
  4. usb install win 10 home

usb install win 10 home: Hello I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from microsoft / amazon have the digital key / product key for activation on it ? Will i have to pay extra to get activation if i use a...
  5. Windows 10 Home USB Installation

Windows 10 Home USB Installation: I got an installation USB today at BestBuy. My rig is a Skylake i7 in a Kabylake ITX with an empty slot where sat a now damaged WiFi card. My RX 560 graphics card is in it now, and the two DIMMs are full, with 2x8GB DDR4, either 2400mhz or 3600mhz. There's a little SSD for...
  6. Install Windows 10 from usb

Install Windows 10 from usb: I purchased a windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, Instruction tell you to insert it turn on computer change to setting to boot from USB as first drive, my computer restarts in Windows 7 any help?...
  7. Installing windows from USB

Installing windows from USB: Hey, I am trying to install windows 10 from usb stick to ASUS E402A laptop (that is using emmc memory). I have 3 different usb sticks, one is official windows, one is kingston datatraveller ,and one is some random usb 2.x stick. Windows iso file i generated from windows...
  8. windows 10 installation problem using bootable usb

windows 10 installation problem using bootable usb: I have HP Pavilion g4 laptop running on windows 7 x64. I tried to install windows 10 with a bootable usb, but it kept on showing one error saying "a media device driver that your computer needs is missing". Any help will be appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 can be pre-ordered from Amazon on USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 can be pre-ordered from Amazon on USB Flash Drive: If I pre-order Windows 10 on USB Flash Drive from Amazon and it arrives on the shipping date, will the Microsoft branded flash drive be write protected to prevent erasing the original installation files preinstalled by Microsoft? 8357
  10. unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop

unable to clean install windows 10 from usb on home build - boot loop: Hello, I just build a new machine with a Gigabyte B85M-D3H mobo, Intel Pentium G3258 CPU, 4GB Corsair Value Select DDR3 1333 and 120GB Samsung EVO SSD. I now want to clean install Windows 10 Home (64-bit) from USB drive (created with media creation tool), but the machine...