Windows 10: Installing windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 620

Discus and support Installing windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 620 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell is not checking the Inspiron 620 for Windows 10 compatability and has no plans to update drivers. Has anybody successfully installed Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lobsters15, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Installing windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 620

Dell is not checking the Inspiron 620 for Windows 10 compatability and has no plans to update drivers. Has anybody successfully installed Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 620?

:)

lobsters15, Sep 21, 2015

2. If you have Windows 10 Reserved check and see if your PC Manufacturer has tested your PC model for Windows 10

Thanks for the tip!

I have a Dell Inspiron 620 & I checked the Dell website. They advise against installing Win 10 as the

Ins 620 has not been tested.

allanhovey, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Long Windows Boot

Hi DaveM

I have a Dell Inspiron 620, running Windows 10

Marco265MP, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Installing windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 620

There are millions of hardware combinations on the market, which people use. So I don't know if you'll get many answers if you ask that way.

However, there are quite a number of Google hits on that question:
    "windows 10" "Dell Inspiron 620" - Google Search

I found one user for whom the upgrade itself worked nicely, but he wrote that afterwards he had issues with the Intel HD 2000 card: Video playback was somehow problematic and also the sound did only work, if he connected and disconnected his headphones.
    The sound problem sounds like a setting problem to me; I think that should be solvable. For the HD 2000 graphics card, you should really use the newest drivers. For an Intel HD 3000 card I am using drivers from May 2015 and they work nicely. Older drivers may have problems under WIndows 10. So check, if there are new drivers for the HD 2000 and if so, install them.
    The user with the graphics/problems found these issues to be too bad for him.

Whatever you do: Before you start the upgade, make sure that you have a system image of your Windows 7 installation. From the user with the graphics/sound problems:

Joergi, Sep 21, 2015
  5. erpster4 Win User
    Hi. I know this was an old thread but I have successfully upgraded my family's Dell Inspiron 620 desktop computer from Win7 SP1 to Win10 v1511 in early August 2016, using the Win10 DVD installation media I created months before the July 29, 2016 deadline - and Win10 v1511 automatically activated free after I installed the WLAN drivers for the Dell DW1525 wireless adapter & enabled the WiFi internet connection there. I did NOT upgrade to the v1607 anniversary update edition of Windows 10.

Before upgrading to Windows 10 on the Dell Inspiron 620 PC, be sure to update the BIOS first to revision A10 from here:
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...driverId=3RTN1

And Microsoft has released updated Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000 drivers (v9.17.10.4459 dated 5/19/2016) for Windows 10 on Microsoft Update Catalog. These were published around the time Win10 v1607 came out but they can work for older builds of Win10 as I just tried them out myself.

erpster4, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installing windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 620

1. Installing windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 620 - Similar Threads - Installing Dell Inspiron

2. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10: Little bit of backstory. My laptop was being really slow and I couldn't get reset my PC to work so I decided to do a clean install of windows 10. One problem is that I didn't have a windows 10 usb or dvd. So I used my windows 8.1 dvd. Bad thing is that windows 8.1 is not...
  3. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10: Little bit of backstory. My laptop was being really slow and I couldn't get reset my PC to work so I decided to do a clean install of windows 10. One problem is that I didn't have a windows 10 usb or dvd. So I used my windows 8.1 dvd. Bad thing is that windows 8.1 is not...
  4. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cant install windows 10 on dell inspiron 3541

cant install windows 10 on dell inspiron 3541: i have dell inspiron 3541 with win 8.1 pro installed and its says 0xc1900101 - 0x30004 The installation failed in the First_Boot Phase with an error during INSTALL_RECOVERY_ENVIORNMENT operation...
  6. Unable to Install Windows on Dell Inspiron 1525

Unable to Install Windows on Dell Inspiron 1525: Dear team,I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop which recently got stopped with BLUE SCREEN ERROR. Then I tried to Install Windows 10 replacing Windows 7 via Bootable USB where it was just restarting again and again but could not get the options. After many tries it started to...
  7. Trying to install windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron

Trying to install windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron: I just finished creating a windows installation thing on a usb flash drive with windows media creation tool and now when I boot from the usb a blue screen appears then the laptop turns off. What am I getting wrong here? btw the laptop works and I am writing this from it here...
  8. Installing Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron M5010

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron M5010: I got this laptop to get it fixed. It had Windows 7 on it, then I install Windows 10 from a USB Drive and go thru the installation process. Once the computer restarts from the installation, goes thru installing drivers, starting services, then a black blank screen. I...
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  10. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron 620 bios win 10

2. will my dell inspiron 620 work with windows 10

3. windows 10 upgrade for dell inspiron 620