Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my primary PC. Am I making a mistake by doing this? 5531 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

I am installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my primary PC. Am I making a mistake by doing this?

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 on Icon.

Microsoft has just released a list of mobile devices that eligible to be upgraded to windows 10 but the lumia icon or 929 is not included in this list. Will the Lumia ever be upgraded to windows 10?

I am an insider who has installed the tech preview but I had to downgrade because my primary phone was having problems.

Thanks

ThomasWahhab, Apr 21, 2015
  3. Nokia 920 windows 10 download

That was probably a bad idea. You can't get the preview apps from the store, just from a tech preview update. My guess is that you would need to restore to WP 8.1 and re-update. Hopefully you aren't using a primary device for this tech experiment.

Sven Johannsen, Apr 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC

Depends on why you are doing it? It's not a finished OS so there are and will continue to be problems, but as a way to test it and report any problems you find it's the best way. If you have Windows 8.1 then 10 will not be a big surprise to you, a little different but not a lot. I run it on my Dell laptop and it works very well, not BSODs or significant failures.

Ztruker, Apr 21, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    As long as you are doing it on a separate hard drive, it will be fun.
    And if you are knowledgeable about rolling back to previous windows, then you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, don't replace your existing OS. Get another hard drive.

badrobot, Apr 21, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    If your competent in using and fixing OS issues then I don't see why you can't use it. I've had very little problems. One thing you need to keep in mind that some problems are not worth fixing and its best to wait until final release before doing so.

swarfega, Apr 21, 2015
  7. I am going to wait on the final release.

8. Gary Win User

If you have a spare drive you can install it on that.

9. BunnyJ New Member
    You can dual boot if your interested in testing Win10 but overall I would agree with your decision.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 21, 2015
  10. I thought about dual booting it. But, I didn't understand the rest of the tutorial to dual boot it. If someone can walk me through the process, then that would be appreciated. After the Windows 10 TP expires, can I delete the other partition and the Windows 10 install?

11. BunnyJ New Member
    You sure can delete the Win10TP partition from Windows 8.1 without an issue. I have a dual boot set up and that's my plan..

BunnyJ, Apr 21, 2015
  12. So, you cant delete it from Windows 7?

13. BunnyJ New Member

Yup,, as long as you can get to diskmgmt.msc you can create and delete a partition. All you have to do is create a partition on the drive you have Win7 for about 40-50GB and then take the DVD that has Win10 and perform a custom install where you select the new partition. I name the new partition Win10 so I can pick it out fast.

BunnyJ, Apr 21, 2015
  14. Okay. Do you mind walking me through it?

15. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on Primary PC - Similar Threads - Installing Tech Preview

2. Start8 on Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start8 on Windows Tech Preview: Well I just wanted to see what would happen if I installed Start8 on Windows 10, and it is great. I have my old windows 7 menu back and can switch back and forth to Start screen easily. With Brinks little trick about no logging to switch, I can even switch between the new...
  3. Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RSAT Tech Preview...: It appears this latest build has broken the Windows 10 RSAT eval. I get errors when installing. 2919
  4. Just installed windos 10 tech preview build 9926

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just installed windos 10 tech preview build 9926: Good Morning, I just installed windows 10 tech preview build 9926 last night, and so fa have to say it was the easiest windows installation I have ever done..... everything worked right from the beginning, even my weather programs such as gr level 3 and gr level 2ae which are...
  5. Save or Open - Windows 10 Tech Preview Installation File

Save or Open - Windows 10 Tech Preview Installation File: Do I save or open the Windows 10 Technical Preview Installation File, if I am installing it in a virtual box? 3663
  6. Cannot install Windows 10 Tech Preview on my laptop

Cannot install Windows 10 Tech Preview on my laptop: I am having trouble getting Windows 10 TP to install on my HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop. I have used this laptop to beta test Vista, Windows 7 and 8.0, as well as Office 2007 and 2010 and other software. I Did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 only to make sure I had...
  7. Installing 10 tech preview

Installing 10 tech preview: How Do I install the 10 tech preview onto the separate partition that i just created using the windows update install for tech preview 10? 3722
  8. Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides

Clean install of Win10 Tech Preview - Are There Downsides: Hi All, Sorry about the crazy title, I always have issues with coming up with a good headline for these threads. I want to do a clean install on my desktop with the latest Win10 Dev Preview, but I don't want to do this if I'm not going to get the final version when it...
  9. Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips

Windows 10 Tech Preview Tips: I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on my Laptop, and 8.1 x64 on our desktop. Any tips on what I should do? I don't have a USB drive or a backup CD. Should I not install it? 2389
  10. Update for Windows Tech Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows Tech Preview: October 2014 update for Windows Tech Preview and Windows Server Tech Preview [kb3001512] Issues that are fixed in this updateIn Windows Technical Preview, certain devices do not receive firmware or driver updates. Adobe Flash update does not contain premium video...