Windows 10: Installing: Windows can't be installed on this drive.

Discus and support Installing: Windows can't be installed on this drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Windows peeps. I've got the job of reloading Windows on my girl's computer, and I'm running into a problem installing it via USB. I formatted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by POKERWOLFG, May 11, 2018.

1. Installing: Windows can't be installed on this drive.

Hi Windows peeps.

I've got the job of reloading Windows on my girl's computer, and I'm running into a problem installing it via USB.

I formatted the HDD, before finding out that the laptop possibly had drivers on it already.

Now I'm presented with the Windows installation asking "Where do you want to install Windows?", however the only drive listed is "Drive 0 Unallocated Space", with a total size of 0MB and 0MB of free space.

An error is shown - Windows can't be installed on this drive - with detailed information saying:
    "This partition is too small. Make the size of this partition at least 12327MB or select another partition.

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the BIOS menu."

I've looked at the BIOS (which is InsydH20 and offers very few options) and there is nothing labelled "Disk Controller" or similar that can be changed.

My understanding to this point is that I need to pre-load the driver for the laptop's funky drive (Acer Aspire ES 15, product number ES1-523-41EW).

Clicking "Load driver" and selecting the IO driver I downloaded from Acer's website (Product support) returns me to the "Where do you want to intsall Windows" screen, this time showing no drives at all.

I'm hoping the community could point me in the right direction to get Windows recognizing the HDD and proceeding with the install.

Thanks for helping!

:)

POKERWOLFG, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Installing: Windows can't be installed on this drive.

1. Installing: Windows can't be installed on this drive. - Similar Threads - Installing can't installed

2. Can't install Windows 11 on new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 11 on new drive: Purchased a new samsung 970 EVO nvme SSD and installed it into my PC and confirmed it shows up in BIOS. Have also gone to disk management to initialize and format the new drive. Downloaded the Windows 11 Home media creation tool and ran through the wizard to get the Windows...
  3. Can't install Windows 11 on new drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Windows 11 on new drive: Purchased a new samsung 970 EVO nvme SSD and installed it into my PC and confirmed it shows up in BIOS. Have also gone to disk management to initialize and format the new drive. Downloaded the Windows 11 Home media creation tool and ran through the wizard to get the Windows...
  4. Can't install Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Google Drive: I downloaded the Google Drive Setup file for Google Drive Desktop. It turns out that I'm stuck because of an error message. The error message was, 'This Windows architecture is not supported' which I do not have any certainty of why this is happening....
  5. Can't install Google Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Google Drive: I downloaded the Google Drive Setup file for Google Drive Desktop. It turns out that I'm stuck because of an error message. The error message was, 'This Windows architecture is not supported' which I do not have any certainty of why this is happening....
  6. Can't install apps on D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps on D:\ drive: I went to install Halo 2: Anniversary, and I wanted to install it on my D: drive so I don't fill up my C:, and it won't let me.[ATTACH] So I click "Set it as your location for where new apps are saved", and it takes me here. [ATTACH] I switch it to D: and it shows me this...
  7. Windows can't be installed on this drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't be installed on this drive: So i just got a new HDD and when i tried to install Windows 10 ffom my USB i get The following error:"Windows canot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may nor suport booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled în The computer BIOS...
  8. "Can't install Windows on GPT drive"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Can't install Windows on GPT drive": I've got Ubuntu installed on my PC and need to get a Windows install also. Using GParted I created a primary ntfs partition. I used Rufus to make a bootable usb of win10. When I boot to the USB and get to the custom install screen I select the partition I want to install on...
  9. Windows can't installed on any drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows can't installed on any drive: I can't install windows on any drive .. How could I installed..Please help me out. Thanks.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-installed-on-any-drive/d841e06b-2189-4996-875f-01490a7d1b1f
  10. Can't Partition Drive/Install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Partition Drive/Install Windows: My solid state drive gives me the error "can't create partition from unallocated space and cannot install windows" My regular hard drive says "The selected disc is of the GPT partition style" Also it takes like a solid hour every time I go to load the boot disc or thumb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive 0 unallocated space total size 0 mb