Windows 10: Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.

Discus and support Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have a Lenovo laptop which has an HDD(which is perfectly fine) with windows installed in it (was 8.1 then upgraded to windows 10). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ImadSiddiquie, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.

Hi,

I currently have a Lenovo laptop which has an HDD(which is perfectly fine) with windows installed in it (was 8.1 then upgraded to windows 10).

I want to replace the HDD with an SSD. I don't really care about the data and programs installed in it but i do want windows to get transferred to the SSD.

I do know that there are tools out there which help mirror the entire drive to the new one, but what I want to do is to do a clean installation of windows on the new SSD with the same product key(license) so that i don't have to buy windows again.

PS. I don't have any Windows installation disk or whatso ever.

Thanks.

:)

ImadSiddiquie, Jul 19, 2018
  2. little cat, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Partitioning Hard Drives to run windows and linux

Hi All,

I have a tower with two hard drives. Until now I have been running windows on the first drive and using the second drive as backup. Now I reformatted the backup drive and installed Fedora Core. The installation was successful but how do I get the computer to boot from that drive? I'm in the BIOS and I see where the windows-platform drive is listed as my primary. I scrolled up to this line in the BIOS and tried pressing the spacebar, the return key, the left and right arrows but nothing will change the windows drive to the linux drive.

Can anyone tell me precisely and specifically how to make this change? Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

DanSandbergUCONN, Jul 19, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.

Installing windows from usb hard drive

I know you can do that, but what about having different windows installers on each partition? I think that's what the OP needs.

erocker, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key.

1. Installing windows on a second hard drive with the same product key. - Similar Threads - Installing second hard

2. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  3. Install windows 10 on second hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 on second hard drive: If I have a digital key on my hard drive will it let me install windows 10 to my second hard drive or back-up hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-on-second-hard-drive/6197a02d-9e44-4af8-8d96-182cd7803e86
  4. Install windows 10 on second hard drive in same pc with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 on second hard drive in same pc with windows 10: Disk management has formatted my second disk now I need to download window 10 which is what I have on Disk one how do I do this Thank You....
  5. Windows 10 Product Key on Two Bootable Drives Sharing the Same Product Key?

Windows 10 Product Key on Two Bootable Drives Sharing the Same Product Key?: Hi Situation: I have a 10 years old laptop that came with HDD Windows 7 Vista I still have the sticker key on Vista but it doesn't work on Win 10. At the same time I installed a separate drive SSD and installed Windows 7 using my university's enterprise product key Don't...
  6. Installing second hard drive without formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing second hard drive without formatting: First of all do not try this unless you are willing to loose all your data PERIOD!. Purchase a 2TB or 4TB external HDD USB 3.0 and back all your stuff up. I have an 8 year old laptop. When it was new Dell site had 14+ drivers for this system available for download. I...
  7. Hard drive failed. Fresh install lost my product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive failed. Fresh install lost my product key: My SSD failed. So I'm Doing a fresh install on a new drive. I lost my product key though, Would I be able to get it from my windows account somehow? It was a custom build. Windows 10 key was NOT OEM, it was a normal key purchased with a USB stick. submitted by /u/Fizgriz...
  8. Install New Hard Drive in Same PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install New Hard Drive in Same PC: The HDD in the machine is obviously dying -- very slow, noises, etc. I have a new, larger HDD and there is an empty 3.5 slot. Can I install the new drive and then clone the old drive to the new and be able to boot from the new one? 116691
  9. Same product key for all?

Same product key for all?: Ok I decided I would undergo some testing & I whipped out some unused laptops with windows 7 home on them. I upgraded all 5 to windows 10. I used a program called produkey to show me my product key with network disabled for safety. Well it displayed internet explorer product...
  10. install second hard drive hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install second hard drive hot?: Hi All, I was under the impression that I was going to have a hard drive failure and purchased a new hard drive and cloned windows to it. it turned out my drive is fine, so I would like to use the drive as a second drive in my system. if I just plug it in, will my computer...