Windows 10: Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!?????

Discus and support Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!????? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My niece bought same laptop as I have, it crashed and HP does not want to warranty it, Claiming it was activated back in Oct 2017. It came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrHudson, Dec 4, 2017.

1. MrHudson Win User

Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!?????

My niece bought same laptop as I have, it crashed and HP does not want to warranty it, Claiming it was activated back in Oct 2017.
    It came preinstalled with X64, If I install X32, will the X64 software/drivers from HP work on it being X32 instead of X64?

:)

MrHudson, Dec 4, 2017
  2. aakkam22 Win User

If the Future 32-bit Version of Windows Support 64-bit Applications...

If the tablet is marketed with a true x64-based processor, then x64-bit Windows will be installed. If it's not, the processor in your system is not a true x64-based processor. It may be ARM.

I will also say again that in order to run x64-bit based programs, both the operating system and the hardware must be x64-bit ready. It is not possible to have a "container" like as WoW64 for x32-based systems. It simply would not work. There is a reason
    why x64-based systems produced the overhead they do. The apps are compiled and written for x64-based systems, not x32. You cannot create libraries and APIs for x64-based software to run on x32-based hardware. It simply would not work.

Finally, you will never find a true x64-bit processor inside a system that does not support more than 1-2 GB of RAM. It would be impractical. In those systems, such as the iPhone, the processor is not a true x64 based processor; rather an
    ARM version.

aakkam22, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Mike_736 Win User
    Windows Updates

Windows is trying to install an x86 based update to my x32 or x64 based system. Should I install it? Will it cause any problems?

Mike_736, Dec 4, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Yes, but why don`t you just use the Recovery partition ?

AddRAM, Dec 5, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Why move to the 32 bit OS?

NavyLCDR, Dec 5, 2017
  6. If your device is still sound, that is it works, then is there data currently on drive that needs to be recovered before you apply a version of Windows?

Are you asking about 32 bit as that is the software you have on hand? You can get, for free, the latest 64 bit version. Since laptop had Windows 10 it will re-activate no product key required.

Caledon Ken, Dec 5, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    Doing a fresh clean install of x32, (HP installed x64, all their software/drivers are for x64).. HP does not offer x32 on these HP 15-f233wm laptops, only x64. I looked up on other sites, only one person said no, Kernel dump..

These HP 15-f233wm has over 1.9 million files, doing a full virus scan, took me nearly 7hrs. I did clean install on mine, scan now under 2hrs.
    The 15-f233wm has a dual core 1.6, 2.16 max CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD.
    My niece says I can have hers.
    By the way I am great uncle, my niece had a baby girl on Dec 2.

MrHudson, Dec 5, 2017
  8. Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!?????

Neat. I'm about to become an Uncle again, at my age. Yikes!

If you would like to do a clean install please let us know and we can assist. The software is available here...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10

and the tutorial is here ...

Clean Install Windows 10

If you have any devices that aren't identified we can help with that as well. The HP 3D driveguard is a usual one not to id correctly.

Caledon Ken, Dec 5, 2017
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

NOT NECESSARILY TRUE -- 32 bit drivers are in general needed for running a 32 bit OS. Now it IS possible for some 32 bit drivers to work on a 64 bit OS - but here I think you need to ensure the OS allows installing unsigned drivers.

I can see ZERO value of running a 32 bit OS (as HOST) on a 64 bit CPU --- running a 32 bit OS as a Virtual machine is another matter of course --nothing wrong with that idea.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 5, 2017
  10. MrHudson Win User
    If your CPU is x64 capable, you can run a x64 OS but will be sluggish. I have x64 and yes it is sluggish. boots up fast but APP's are slower than a snail moving in a -30F day.
    I did a clean install, updated drivers, work fine the first week, no problems, now its getting sluggish, downloads were 1.2Mb, now they are in Kb's.
    Since my niece is giving me her HP 15 f233wm, I was wanting to install the x32 OS.
    I have both versions of Win10 on a USB drive.
    HP Support only has Software/Drivers for x64 only,, If I install the x32 OS, which it will run since it is compatible, will there be an issue with installing and running the Software/Driver for the x64 OS on x32 OS.

MrHudson, Dec 5, 2017
  11. MrHudson Win User

MrHudson, Dec 5, 2017
  12. I don't believe the OS is the cause of the sluggishness. That said if you install the 32bit OS Windows will handle 90%+ plus of drivers. You may not need to install any drivers. That 3D driveguard might be one, deal with that when you get there.

If you are measuring Windows downloads as you speed test that is not a valid test in my books.

If you want to test your Internet Speed then go Speedtest.net. Don't fall for any we can fix your pc offers. Just do the speed test.

Downloads are impacted by server farms capacity and bandwidth into facility. Of course the path it takes to your house also impacts this but I would get a raw measurement using that site.

Caledon Ken, Dec 5, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

Many tablets and hybrids can only run 32bit even though CPU may be 64bit due to locked down unusual 32bit UEFI bootloaders. So for these devices - 32bit on 64bit cpu - lots of value Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!????? :).

cereberus, Dec 5, 2017
  14. Hi MrHudson,

The 64-bit drivers and software's are only compatible with 64-bit Windows OS you cannot use 64-bit drivers and software's with 32-bit version of Windows OS .

FreeBooter, Dec 6, 2017
  15. If Mr. Hudson loads 32 bit Windows most of the drivers if not all will be loaded by Windows. Has nothing to lose trying and then seeing what device manager reports back.

I was concerned it would not activate as the original windows was 64 bit.

If he has 32 bit and an hour, let it rip.

Caledon Ken, Dec 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Installing X32 on a X64 base laptop!!????? - Similar Threads - Installing X32 X64

2. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64: When I purchased an old desktop years ago, it had win7 pro x32. When I went thorough the update, I then got win10 x32. There's no reason that I know of that this machine couldn't be running the x64 version. And given it's old, I would prefer that so I can recognize more...
  3. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64: When I purchased an old desktop years ago, it had win7 pro x32. When I went thorough the update, I then got win10 x32. There's no reason that I know of that this machine couldn't be running the x64 version. And given it's old, I would prefer that so I can recognize more...
  4. reinstalling Win10 x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing x32 bit App on x64 bit Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing x32 bit App on x64 bit Windows: I'm not a tech guru so please forgive my stupidity. I am operating in 64 bit but need to be in 32 bit. How do I switch it? [Original Title: 32 bit]...
  6. Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps are installing in x32 instead of x64: i recently reset my computer and i tried to install all by apps and games back and for some reason they are all installing as x32 instead of x64 when my system type is 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Win7 Enterprise x32 to win10 x64

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 Enterprise x32 to win10 x64: Hey guys. I was given a PC from a storage room. Got it starting and It runs windows 7 enterprise 32 bit. Since this OS is outdated, I want to install windows 10 x64 bit. The problem I'm having here is: windowsmediatool does not support Enterprise version. I want a clean...
  8. Conversion of x64 to x32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conversion of x64 to x32: My system works slow on 64bit computer as the ram is 1.25GB so I want to convert it into 32bit.... Is there any option how I can convert x64 to x32 without using any CD or DVD Plzz help......
  9. Shortcuts confusion - x64/x32

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts confusion - x64/x32: I'd like to create a few shortcuts for a dock I'll be trying out on Windows 10 64-bit for: Notepad Task Manager On my old 32-bit Windows 7 PC, it was simple - just create a shortcut to the exe in the system32 folder. But with 64-bit, I have a system32 and a syswow64...
  10. Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 upgrade from x32 to x64: Dear *, I have a question regarding an upgrade from windows10 x32 to x64 So I have Acer One 10 with Windows 10 Home x32 installed (German), and the windows is activated with digital license and linked to my hotmail account. Now i downloaded the windows media creation...