Windows 10: instructions regarding win 7 to win 10 upgrade?

Discus and support instructions regarding win 7 to win 10 upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just upgraded from win 7 sp1 to win 10 pro. Most programs seem to be running okay. Bitdefender IS just installed some xtra update. Anything I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dorian Hawkmoon, Feb 25, 2017.

1. instructions regarding win 7 to win 10 upgrade?

I have just upgraded from win 7 sp1 to win 10 pro. Most programs seem to be running okay. Bitdefender IS just installed some xtra update. Anything I should do? Driverwise etc?

:)

Dorian Hawkmoon, Feb 25, 2017
  2. AyeSail Win User

Since Windows 10 my computer is very slow.

Hello Abdul Malik. The instructions you provide for a Clean Boot is only for Win 7 and Win 8. Are there instructions for this process for Win 10?

Thanks

AyeSail, Feb 25, 2017
  3. How Many System Reserved Partitions for Dual Boot Windows 10 System

Because whether you have 1 OS or 5 the instructions are always in a single system reserved partition. For example if you have win 7 & win 10 the reserved partition contains instruction on how to boot into win 7 AND how to boot into win 10 depending on
    which you chose from the menu

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 25, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

instructions regarding win 7 to win 10 upgrade?

Hello Dorian,
    I am not the most expert member here, however, I have performed the upgrade from Win 7 Pro SP1 to Win 10 back when the new OS was first released. If things are looking/acting/working fine, that is great.

One area to glance at might be Device Manager to see if everything listed there is OK. (No yellow exclamation points, indicating a driver issue) You can find this easily in Win 10 by Right-clicking on Start and selecting Device Manager from the resulting menu.

Another of the very first things that I would recommend would be to image your Win 10 drive with a good program like Macrium Reflect. (I use the paid version but the Free version will do what is required here.) Store this image in a safe place and then you will have a "base-line" to which you can return, if necessary.

It never hurts to have a look at the Event Manager, either.

I would also recommend that you run your new OS for a week or so without adding too many new things. If after that one-week "burn-in" period things are still OK, then go have some fun adding new stuff to your PC.

Good luck!

telepro21, Feb 25, 2017
  5. Thanks *Smile Will do. Although I had to uninstall graphics driver, cause there was a flickering issue.

Dorian Hawkmoon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

instructions regarding win 7 to win 10 upgrade?

1. instructions regarding win 7 to win 10 upgrade? - Similar Threads - instructions regarding upgrade

2. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have a really nice laptop that rarely get used that has Win 7 on it but it's becoming outdated and lost Microsoft support. It's a shame the Win 7 has reached it's end of life. Laptop works great. It MORE than has the capacity to run Win 10 Processor, Storage, Cache etc.....
  3. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: I was given a Win 7 laptop recently. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 10? Any ideas how I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win-7-to-win-10/cf7cfb0e-47d5-4031-a29f-468e37e00817
  4. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: I was given a Win 7 laptop recently. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 10? Any ideas how I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win-7-to-win-10/cf7cfb0e-47d5-4031-a29f-468e37e00817
  5. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  6. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: So I'm biting the bullet and finally upgrading to Win10 from Win7 (upgrading my computer from Win7 hardware to Win10). However I don't have a Win10 key directly, but I do hear you can upgrade from Win7 to 10 for free still. How would this work in my case? Would I install...
  7. win 7 to win 10 upgrade

win 7 to win 10 upgrade: attempting 7 to 10 upgrade with sony tv hdmi interface. Mode not supported and safe mode boot not possible. Do I need to get a vga or dvi cable?? Crazy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10-upgrade/880463d6-de67-487c-8428-403179fa6e36
  8. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  9. upgrade win.7 to win 10

upgrade win.7 to win 10: I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...