Windows 10: Integrate popular windows telemetry disabler into win10 install ISO?

Discus and support Integrate popular windows telemetry disabler into win10 install ISO? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to make this part of my unattended install: https://gist.github.com/matthewjberg...a34e597f457b7f I am following a guide on how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sgtsixpack, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Integrate popular windows telemetry disabler into win10 install ISO?

I want to make this part of my unattended install:
    https://gist.github.com/matthewjberg...a34e597f457b7f

I am following a guide on how to customise windows 10. I have at least my storage drivers since they are compatible between windows 7 & 10. I have a copy of windows 10 pro and an activation code. I'm using NTlite to customise the .wim files. However the guy who wrote the guide said my question on how to use this script in my install was better asked elsewhere.

FYI this is the guide I speak of:
    https://www.win-raid.com/t750f25-Gui...Win-image.html

:)

sgtsixpack, Jan 11, 2018
  2. Fox_exe Win User

After Win 10 upgrade BSOD error and restart loop, VIDEO MEMORY MANAGEMENT INTERNALERROR

Same problem after latest Win10 update...

So... I reinstalled win10, disable all updates, kill all telemetry options and unused stuff... And install Arch linux as Main OS. Now - windows only for games.

F**k off, M$!

Fox_exe, Jan 11, 2018
  3. neXus2015 Win User
    Windows 10 and bugs

I recently disabled W7 updated for a particular reason. Again with collecting data, telemetry and other "spying" stuff.

I now monitor what will be installed within update.

Why do you need me to do a troubleshooting for Update?

This is not helping in terms of bugs in Win10

neXus2015, Jan 11, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Integrate popular windows telemetry disabler into win10 install ISO?

@Kari may be able to recommend an approach. He knows more about dropping interesting third-party stuff into image customization and Sysprep than anybody else I know. Maybe he'll chime in, once he gets his misbehaving laptop running again...?
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 12, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    First, I do not use any third party software to customize Windows install images. Second, it's difficult to help when I do not know what you are talking about. I mean, you write "I want to make this part of my unattended install:", followed by a link that gives me this:

Integrate popular windows telemetry disabler into win10 install ISO? [​IMG]

If you are looking for help in using that third party tool you mentioned, I am not able to help. However, if you are looking general help in customizing Windows install image, I am pretty sure I could assist you if I knew what's it all about, what is your issue.

6. Sorry for not replying earlier I saw the post but it was in the middle of removing sata cables to be sure all files remain on the disk I installed the OS to ( a problem I've experienced with dual boot before). At the same time, my Samsung CFG73 was presenting itself as the culpret of the situation where a display signal is not always picked up (not a problem ordinarily since it finds it on hittng the desktop). I reset the bios but that only served to illustrate the signal is a problem for the Integrated IGFX and my vega 56 is not the cuplret. Sorry for the tangent.

TO THOSE WHO UPGRADED TO WIN 10
    The above explaination was illuminating because ofcourse I have the option in NTLite to disable this stuff beforehand. I also went to blackviper for service tuning. However part of the problem was that I must have been too eager to hack the ISO filesize down, make other changes; because the setup failed after I got a monitor signal back (didn't matter if I was using display port or not, flakey monitor signal is flakey. The monitor in other respects is grand however. I didn't need to grab another older monitor, it eventually resolved it own problem on its own.

After reading posts about trying to execute scripts and minor hiccups such as detailed here:
    Silent Post-Setup PowerShell script for all users | Page 2 | NTLite Forums
    &
    Here: Batch and Post-Setup | NTLite Forums

I've decided that I can run the script on the windows 10 desktop to save time and effort.

FYI I've got the mining bug and some programs like xmr-cast don't support windows 7 and I could not get the amd blockchain driver to hit the desktop in win 7 (reboots just as the desktop is appearing). I'm glad I have setup multiboot to test this stuff. Keeping my main boot OS on win 7 sp1.
    Code: @Rem *** Disable Some Service *** sc stop DiagTrack sc stop diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service sc stop dmwappushservice sc stop WMPNetworkSvc sc stop WSearch sc config DiagTrack start= disabled sc config diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service start= disabled sc config dmwappushservice start= disabled REM sc config RemoteRegistry start= disabled REM sc config TrkWks start= disabled sc config WMPNetworkSvc start= disabled sc config WSearch start= disabled REM sc config SysMain start= disabled REM *** SCHEDULED TASKS tweaks *** REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\AppID\SmartScreenSpecific" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Uploader" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyUpload" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Office\OfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Office\OfficeTelemetryAgentFallBack" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Office\Office 15 Subscription Heartbeat" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\CloudExperienceHost\CreateObjectTask" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\DiskFootprint\Diagnostics" /Disable *** Not sure if should be disabled, maybe related to S.M.A.R.T. REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\File History (maintenance mode)" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance\WinSAT" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\PI\Sqm-Tasks" /Disable REM The stubborn task Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\BackgroundUploadTask can be Disabled using a simple bit change. I use a REG file for that (attached to this post). REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\ForceSynchronizeTime" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting" /Disable REM schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Automatic App Update" /Disable REM *** Remove Cortana *** REM Currently MS doesn't allow to uninstall Cortana using the above step claiming it's a required OS component (hah!) REM We will have to rename the Cortana App folder (add ".bak" to its name), but this can be done only if Cortana is not running. REM The issue is that when Cortana process (SearchUI) is killed, it respawns very quickly REM So the following code needs to be quick (and it is) so we can manage to rename the folder taskkill /F /IM SearchUI.exe move "%windir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" "%windir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy.bak" @Rem *** Remove Telemetry & Data Collection *** reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Device Metadata" /v PreventDeviceMetadataFromNetwork /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MRT" /v DontOfferThroughWUAU /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows" /v "CEIPEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "AITEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "DisableUAR" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "DisableInventory" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\AutoLogger\SQMLogger" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors" /v "DisableLocation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors" /v "DisableSensors" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Storage\EnabledDenyGP" /v "DenyAllGPState" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /v "EnableWebContentEvaluation" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f @Rem *** Disable Cortana & Telemetry *** reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortana" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 REM *** Hide the search box from taskbar. You can still search by pressing the Win key and start typing what you're looking for *** REM 0 = hide completely, 1 = show only icon, 2 = show long search box reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "SearchboxTaskbarMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f REM *** Disable MRU lists (jump lists) of XAML apps in Start Menu *** reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "Start_TrackDocs" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f REM *** Set Windows Explorer to start on This PC instead of Quick Access *** REM 1 = This PC, 2 = Quick access REM reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "LaunchTo" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f @Rem Remove Apps PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *3DBuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *Cortana* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *Getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *WindowsAlarms* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *WindowsCamera* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *OneNote* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *WindowsPhone* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *SkypeApp* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *WindowsSoundRecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage" PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage" REM PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *WindowsCalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage" REM PowerShell -Command "Get-AppxPackage *WindowsMaps* | Remove-AppxPackage" @Rem NOW JUST SOME TWEAKS REM *** Show hidden files in Explorer *** reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "Hidden" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f REM *** Show super hidden system files in Explorer *** reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "ShowSuperHidden" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f REM *** Show file extensions in Explorer *** reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "HideFileExt" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f REM *** Uninstall OneDrive *** start /wait "" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted. pause start /wait TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe start explorer.exe route ADD 131.253.14.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 route ADD 65.52.100.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 route ADD 65.4.54.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 route ADD 65.55.194.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 route ADD 93.184.215.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 route ADD 134.170.115.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 route ADD 65.55.252.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0[/quote]

sgtsixpack, Jan 12, 2018
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 12, 2018
  8. Kari Win User

That is the second link in original post. I am talking about the first link, the Github one. That is broken.

9. I hope you know, what you are doing.

dmwappushservice affects windows notifications now.
    Since recently, values like AllowTelemetry affect, whenever you will be offered any Windows Updates at all.

Not to mention, it has not been updated since 2015, some entries do note exist anymore, some like smartscreen have more values and you can not simply move cortana either, you have to take ownership of it first.

TairikuOkami, Jan 13, 2018
  10. There is nothing to see, code is in post. Also I am no longer trying to integrate the script, I will run it on the desktop. I have other hurdles.

Namely the issue of the install refusing to proceed after the install partition has been chosen. I think that its a case of disconnecting all hard drives except the one to be installed. I've noticed that after resetting my bios that the first boot defaults to the windows loader, which will fail. I think it was created when I installed windows 7 to my first 4TB HGST. I use EasyBCD 2.3 for my OS list and it resides on my primary SSD boot drive where it should. My question now is should I delete the bootloader partition on my 1st HGST and merge it with the windows 7 partition or will it break things if I want to use my 1st HGST windows 7 install as a solitary boot drive?

I believe windows 10 sees the windows loader partition and refuses to install. I say this because when I disconnected all sata cables but the target OS drive it told me the 30Gb partition was too small. I've since made it 60Gb (after trying 40Gb) and had to use chkdsk /f after minitool partition wizard professional left it in a raw format with filesystem errors.

I will attach a disk manager screenshot as well as the error messages. I've circled the partition that serves no purpose. When its booted it gives 2 win 7 install options and and trying the first gives a message that you need to repair the install.

Sorry about changing the subject maybe I should start a new thread.

sgtsixpack, Jan 13, 2018
  11. I hope I know what I'm doing too. Its trial and error time atm.

This not getting windows updates, not really fussed as long as I know if I'm getting them or not (which won't take too long to determine), I can use whdownloader to update if its broken.

I didn't write this script. If u google the first few lines u will get links to multiple sources, so if Cortana was a difficult lady to get rid of then I'm sure it would have been pointed out. I have not researched the script, and I do not think I will miss anything which is removed never having used windows 10. I objected right off the bat when they made dx 12 a win 10 exclusive, windows is not a console. They can't hold you to ransom like that.

sgtsixpack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Integrate popular windows telemetry disabler into win10 install ISO? - Similar Threads - Integrate popular telemetry

2. Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Telemetry no longer actually disables telemetry, even in Enterprise. Instead...: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/uQFu654.png Both the Group Policy setting (and its corresponding Registry Editor setting) are applied to the old "Disable Telemetry" option. (Setting the GPO also sets the Registry setting.) But look here, at least in Build 21H1, Option 0...
  3. Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.: Running Win10 20H2. I use WPD to secure my system from MS telemetry. I have recently noticed that after disabling thru WPD the Device Management Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Push message Routing Service, on the next reboot, or sometimes during the session, that service...
  4. Disabling Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Telemetry: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license and feel strongly that as a paying customer rather than someone that was "gifted" a copy of the Home edition when I bought my laptop, I should have a degree of control over the operating system. I've disabled telemetry every time W10 is...
  5. Verify the integrity of this Windows ISO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify the integrity of this Windows ISO: I want to confirm my iso copy of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC it appears to include both N and non N x64 versions is indeed legitimate. The SHA1 hash is d5b2f95e3dd658517fe7c14df4f36de633ca4845...
  6. win10 iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 iso: brand new to computers so when i was tryinng to make room for update i erased all and i mean all files on labtop...now unfortunately nothin works....i cant access settings i cant access nothing cant download from internet explorer have no user accounts...i keep coming across...
  7. Win10 Telemetry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 Telemetry: Good article from ZDNet. I want to make it clear that I'm in no way suggesting that Microsoft is doing anything nefarious with telemetry data. The crackpot theories that it's a data backdoor and Microsoft is handing that data to the NSA/FBI/saucer people are just...
  8. Registry setting to disable telemetry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Registry setting to disable telemetry: Is there a registry setting that would disable telemetry to Microsoft - - without creating "Some settings are managed by your organization" problem? 59236
  9. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...
  10. Current Win10 installation ISO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Current Win10 installation ISO?: Hi Guys, Currently running 1511 on three machines, but due to a bit too much tinkering I'm looking at doing clean installs - not a huge drama as I don't have a large number of programs to reinstall. I'm wondering if I download a new Win10 installation ISO (via direct...