Windows 10: integrated card and stutter

Discus and support integrated card and stutter in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Does my Dell XPS 8300 have an integrated video card? Currently the monitor is plugged into a horizontal port and I get some slight stuttering when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by maranna, Jul 21, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

integrated card and stutter

Does my Dell XPS 8300 have an integrated video card?
    Currently the monitor is plugged into a horizontal port and I get some slight stuttering when closing a page; I have an NVidea card, updated.
    I think nothing happened when I tried the vertical port - is that b/c I need to do something in the BIOS?
    I do not know which is dedicated and which is onboard. I was going to try to use the onboard card to see if the stuttering will go away. Instead of removing the card i was going to use the other port.
    Any help with this would be appreciated.

:)

maranna, Jul 21, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

Create/amend Xbox Music playlists on Windows Phone 8?

Stutter on streaming songs? I play streaming Nokia Music and have no stutter. No stutter on any streaming music.

Your problem must be somewhere else.

garym123, Jul 21, 2016
  3. wizakeHD7 Win User
    Intel + NVIDIA Laptop Freeze Problem ( FIX IT WINDOWS FIX IT!)

I have an ASUS N53 laptop for about 5 years now. I always had the latest version of Windows and never had a problem until the Fall Creators Update!

I have an integrated graphics card and a dedicated GeForce 630M. All these years the dedicated graphic card switched from on to off without any freezes and suddenly, immediately after the latest Windows update it started. My computer 'stutters' and keeps
    freezing for a fraction of a second, so the only "solution" is to disable the NVidia card. I have shorcuts on desktop which I use to enable/disable the card.

This is not a 'workaround' nor a 'solution'. This is a bug which needs fixed by Microsoft!

wizakeHD7, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Carsomyr Win User

That model dell should have an i7-2600 in it, which does have Intel HD Graphics 2000. That is your integrated GPU. The Nvidia card is the dedicated GPU. I am unfamiliar with that model of dell but you may have to set something in your BIOS to use the iGPU like you said, and in either case make sure the driver for it is installed.

Dell XPS 8300 Drivers

Carsomyr, Jul 22, 2016
  5. maranna Win User
    Thank you for your help. I will see to it asap.

maranna, Jul 22, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    The XPS 8300 has an HDMI video connector and a VGA one for its integrated graphics. They're on the I/O panel (which also has the rear USB sockets, the Ethernet socket, etc.).

The nVidia card would be in one of the slots, lower down the back of the PC.

Which drivers do you have installed for the graphics card? (Check the Drivers tab for the Display Adapter in the Device Manager control panel.) The latest available are these (64 bit):

Drivers | GeForce

(I assume that you're running the 64 bit version of Win 10, as you have 6 GB of RAM.)

This PC automatically disables the onboard graphics when a discrete graphics card is present. Don't bother trying the onboard graphics unless you are prepared to remove the nVidia card.

bobkn, Jul 22, 2016
  7. maranna Win User
    >>Thank you for that valuable time saving information. I was about to remove the card. It may be that my switch to 64 byte Chrome, not the 32 I wasrunning, may have helped.
    Peter

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. integrated card and stutter - Similar Threads - integrated card stutter

2. How to enable a hidden integrated graphics card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable a hidden integrated graphics card?: Hi,I kept getting BSoD and one of the many ‘fixes’ I tried involved disabling the Intel graphics. This then led to a whole host of problems, which thankfully I’ve managed to fix for the most part, but now my PC keeps crashing when I try to play games. I’ve gone into Device...
  3. How to enable a hidden integrated graphics card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable a hidden integrated graphics card?: Hi,I kept getting BSoD and one of the many ‘fixes’ I tried involved disabling the Intel graphics. This then led to a whole host of problems, which thankfully I’ve managed to fix for the most part, but now my PC keeps crashing when I try to play games. I’ve gone into Device...
  4. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI: This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters...
  5. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI: This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters...
  6. Issue with integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  7. Issue with integrated graphics card

Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  8. I disabled my integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I disabled my integrated graphics card: I have 2 graphics cards, Intel HD 630 and a RTX 2080 super. I couldnt get nvidia control panel to open so I kept trying things to try and fix it and I had disabled my Intel hd 60 Integrated graphics card through device manager. My screen then went black and now Ive tried...
  9. Integrated wireless card disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated wireless card disappeared: Today I turn on the PC, I started and I noticed that I could no longer connect to a WiFi network. The settings didn't show the wireless option and it was actually as if my computer didn't have the wireless card. My PC is a desktop computer with the Aorus x570 Ultra with an...
  10. Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.: Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now. I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I...