Windows 10: Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

Discus and support Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Sager NP8275-S (Clevo P170SM) laptop running Windows 10 and the integrated webcam is not getting detected by the machine. I tried to look at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by agheragfazv, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

I have a Sager NP8275-S (Clevo P170SM) laptop running Windows 10 and the integrated webcam is not getting detected by the machine. I tried to look at the state of the drivers on device manager, but not only was the device not showing up in "Sound, video and game controllers", the categories of "Imaging devices" and "Other devices" were missing altogether. Even after showing hidden devices, I was not able to find it anywhere. Could anybody help me recover my integrated webcam?

:)

agheragfazv, Aug 3, 2018

2. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

I purchased a budget Logitec webcam C270. After installation everything is working with the new webcam . Device manager now shows the category Imaging devices. I wont bother trying to fix the old built in webcam since this new one is so much better. Tks for all the suggestions

sportflyer, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then uninstalled the driver . Then went back to Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes. Now even the Imaging Device category is missing. Tried Hardware troubleshoot , resetting Camera etc . no luck.

Computer is an old Sony Vaio BGC-JS190D running latest update Windows 10.

Why is the category Imaging Devices not showing up in Device manager?

Does this mean my web cam is dead? Will installing a ext webcam fix the problem ?

Tks

sportflyer, Aug 3, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager

1. Integrated Webcam not detected. Imaging Devices category not appearing in device manager - Similar Threads - Integrated Webcam detected

2. C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager: The C920 PRO Webcam is only detected very seldomly by Windows.It does not even appear in device manager.When I boot macOS on this computer, the webcam is always working under macOS.This is an AORUS Z390 MASTER Mainboard. Does Windows have problems with the USB ports?What...
  3. C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C920 PRO Webcam not detected by device manager: The C920 PRO Webcam is only detected very seldomly by Windows.It does not even appear in device manager.When I boot macOS on this computer, the webcam is always working under macOS.This is an AORUS Z390 MASTER Mainboard. Does Windows have problems with the USB ports?What...
  4. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  5. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  6. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working

Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working: imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working HI, Last day when i clicked on the camera tile it said 'to get started, connect a camera' and i found out that none of my apps and desktop applications could use the webcam.Each time i get an error...
  8. Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager

Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager: I have tried repeatedly but unsuccessfully to get the webcam to work. I have been advised to go to device manager and click on camera or imaging device. But neither camera nor imaging device are listed in the device manager. I likewise tried other routes-device...
  9. My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,

My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,: My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager, is not operating onDell Inspiron R 53537. How do I reinstall Integrated Webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-integrated-webcam-is-not-listed-in-device/d9feb144-2ef4-4173-b395-bdccfd009366
  10. Imaging Device category missing in device manager

Imaging Device category missing in device manager: Webcam was working a week ago. Suddenly Skype cannot detect my web cam . I went to Device Manager , selected the web cam under Imaging devices , then uninstalled the driver . Then went back to Device Manager and scanned for hardware changes. Now even the Imaging Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web cam not appearing in the device manager

2. 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached> vaio

3. imaging devices is not appearing in device manager

4. imaging device category not in device manager,
  5. webcam not appearing in device manager,
  6. integrated webcam not appearing in devices,
  7. imaging device not appearing in device manager,
  8. webcam device manager catergory,
  9. no imaging devices shown in device manager