Windows 10: Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter

Discus and support Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 8700 that came with a Dell 1704 A/B/G/N Wi-Fi adapter. This is a rebranded Broadcom card. After Windows 10 Pro conversion since July... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snoopy51, Feb 6, 2016.

1. snoopy51 Win User

Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter

I have a Dell XPS 8700 that came with a Dell 1704 A/B/G/N Wi-Fi adapter. This is a rebranded Broadcom card.
    After Windows 10 Pro conversion since July 2015, the Wi-Fi adapter worked fine but if I activated Hyper-V with Windows 10 Pro, I got BSODs with error 0x50 like:

On Fri 1/22/2016 4:14:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012116-7046-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: bcmwl63a.sys (bcmwl63a+0x8EA6F)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF6FB400037A8, 0x0, 0x0, 0x6)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bcmwl63a.sys
    product: Broadcom WiFi Driver wireless driver
    company: Broadcom Corp
    description: Broadcom WiFi Driver wireless driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bcmwl63a.sys (Broadcom WiFi Driver wireless driver, Broadcom Corp).
    Google query: Broadcom Corp PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I even run memtest for a long time to rule out memory problem with 8-9 passes.

I experimented with several versions of bcmwl63.sys. Again it works fine with Windows 10 Pro but as soon I work with Hyper-V I still get BSOD occasionally..

Frustrated, I purchased and replaced the Dell 1704 card with an Intel 7260 AC. I just let Windows 10 installed the driver.
    After one day of working Hyper-V with Windows 10 Pro. It is still running fine!

I am not solving my problem just side step for now! Have any one have similar experience?

I am at Windows 10 10586.71 with this XPS 8700.

:)

snoopy51, Feb 6, 2016
  2. RichSubs Win User

windows 10 creators update no internet access

This was such a drag - eventually fixed by updating Wi-Fi adapter driver - Intel Dual Band AC 7260. Search automatically did not find it - had to download from Intel Support site.

RichSubs, Feb 6, 2016
  3. "Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"

There seems to be an Intel site devoted to that adapter...

Support for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

I hope you spot something helpful there. Good luck, & keep us informed.

PCR Just PCR, Feb 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

That would not surprise anyone with Hyper-V, that the Broadcom chipset is causing it to crash. I have two laptops with the 7260 mini-PCIe cards in them and have had zero issues. I did have to place the second antenna up in the Battery compartment, only because I did not feel like tearing apart the lid to place it up there.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  5. snoopy51 Win User
    Wow, it is going toward the 72 hours of operating Wi-Fi with Hyper-V without any error!
    Beside the absence of bug check error 0x50, Intel 7260 is AC device, so now I am connecting with 867 Mbps instead of 300 Mbps with the old Broadcom chip.

The best $24 I ever spend! Thanks Intel *Thumbs

snoopy51, Feb 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    I am guessing you are using AC. I get around 265 with mine on Wireless-N on my Toshiba Satellite C850D-st3nx1.

I can say that doing the change to the better card has been the best money well spent also.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter - Similar Threads - Intel 7260 adapter

2. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem: Hello, I am using intel dual band ac 7260 wifi card on my laptop hp pavilion 15 p053eu with windows 1064bit. I have latest drivers installed for this card. Wifi works fine but with bluetooth I have a problem. I can transfer files, but the signal strength is weak, connecting...
  3. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem: Hello, I am using intel dual band ac 7260 wifi card on my laptop hp pavilion 15 p053eu with windows 1064bit. I have latest drivers installed for this card. Wifi works fine but with bluetooth I have a problem. I can transfer files, but the signal strength is weak, connecting...
  4. Intel Dual Band AC 7260 Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: First of all Hello. when ı connect to wifi, watching games and movies, mostly no internet. Or out of wifi. I tried everything but couldn't find a solution, PLEASE HELPPP...
  6. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260: I ran some Windows updates and it made it so that my Bluetooth didn't work. In the adapter info it shows that there is Bluetooth capability, but when I try to connect to a Bluetooth device it acts like I don't have a Bluetooth adapter. This happened on two Sony Tap 11...
  7. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: I bought this card for my Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop early last year when a Windows creator's update caused my original WI-FI card to no longer work. Back then I tried this one and it had the problem of showing no WI-FI networks even though I am 5 feet from my router which...
  8. Intel AC 7260 Wi-Fi PCI-e in Asus G73SW Laptop + Win10 Pro 64 - No-Go

Intel AC 7260 Wi-Fi PCI-e in Asus G73SW Laptop + Win10 Pro 64 - No-Go: This laptop originally shipped with some Atheros ABGN 2.4 Ghz only card which works just fine but it's quite slow by todays standards. So I googled and found the Intel 7260 Dual-Band AC card and acquired one. I was expecting it to be a simple plug-n-play operation but that...
  9. Cannot get Bluetooth to work on Intel AC-7260

Cannot get Bluetooth to work on Intel AC-7260: I upgraded the network card and antennas on my laptop back in February. Everything's worked fine so far. But today I bought myself a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that I want to use with my laptop. For the life of me I cannot get my Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5372 and Windows 10...
  10. Intel dualband AC 7260 BLUETOOTH crackling and disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel dualband AC 7260 BLUETOOTH crackling and disconnecting: i upgraded from a reltek dualband wifi /bluetooth for the same issue of terrible bluetooth crackling. and now my Intel dualband AC 7260 bluetooth is similar. but what really bothers me is that at first as in likr the first week the bluetooth on my Intel dualband AC 7260 was...