Windows 10: Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

Discus and support Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hentcc456, Dec 22, 2017.

1. hentcc456 Win User

Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics.
    I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics.
    How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter?

specs in case u need them
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz
    ram 4GB SK Hynix 2133MHz
    graphic card 1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 at 1366 x 768 px
    refresh rate 59 version 21.20.16.4627 (9. march 2017.)
    graphic card 2: Radeon(TM) 520 at 1366 x 768 px
    refresh rate 59 version 21.19.412.1280 (17. april 2017.)

:)

hentcc456, Dec 22, 2017
  2. RobertEU Win User

My AMD Switchable Graphics settings are missing after upgrading to windows 10

Me, you and thousands of users with Intel and Amd switchable graphics configuration are abandoned since several years ago...

It's a disgrace.

Take my laptop for example:

HP dv7-6140eo

Intel and amd 6770M switchable graphics.

Latest driver is from 2011.

Uncountable number of threads on forums about the switchable graphics problem but nobody seems to care.

Oh dear...

Here is one:

AMD/Intel: Switchable graphics

RobertEU, Dec 22, 2017
  3. no DirectX 12 on my windows 10 Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem :(

I have AMD Radeon HD 7600M and Intel HD Graphics 3000 switchable graphics ! Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem :)

KhalilElhazmiri, Dec 22, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hello, hentcc456. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Does it show up in Device Manager? WinKey/X > Device Manager.

If not, then you need to find and install the driver for it.

Tony K, Dec 22, 2017
  5. hentcc456 Win User
    i have it installed

hentcc456, Dec 22, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Helmut, Dec 23, 2017
  7. hentcc456 Win User
    hentcc456, Dec 23, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Every bios menu is different. For HP products it may similar to this:
    Repetitively click the F10 during reboot > open the bios > advanced tab > device configurations > disable hybrid graphics

Turning off hybrid graphics may reduce the number of usable displays as well as battery life. As long as these are not potential problems then you can turn off the intel graphics and have always on AMD or NVIDIA

This is a method not using the BIOS: HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs | HP® Customer Support

The other option may be to right click disable the Intel graphics driver.

zbook, Dec 23, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    It does not matter whether it matches or not, the illustration maybe out of date. It's the overall principle to get to some sort of Graphics options.

So what do you have ? You must have some sort of AMD/Graphics Control Panel somewhere.

You can also look thru any HP installed applications. That may give access to some UEFI functions.

"The other option may be to right click disable the Intel graphics driver. "
    Definitely not, there is a common video output on these Laptops, it is not a Desktop with a separate Graphics Card and video outputs.
    There is usually nothing in the UEFI/BIOS on such Laptops. By all means have a look.

Helmut, Dec 23, 2017
  10. Use AMD Radeon Settings. You may want to update your graphics driver (get one from AMD, not HP.) if you are missing such feature.

RoasterMen, Dec 24, 2017
  11. hentcc456 Win User
    works thread solved

hentcc456, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem - Similar Threads - Intel Amd switchable

2. Merging amd with intel graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging amd with intel graphics: Hi I Have An Asus Dual RX6750XT 12GB it only has 1 hdmi port am i able to use eyefinity with intel graphics from the i7 8700? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-amd-with-intel-graphics/c7704e63-a40f-455e-8ae5-73554ea0d473
  3. Merging amd with intel graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging amd with intel graphics: Hi I Have An Asus Dual RX6750XT 12GB it only has 1 hdmi port am i able to use eyefinity with intel graphics from the i7 8700? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-amd-with-intel-graphics/c7704e63-a40f-455e-8ae5-73554ea0d473
  4. Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics): Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on the mainboard, they are not built into just one like some newer Intel chips come with an embedded AMD GPU. This one is not...
  5. AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?

AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?: Hi, I just upgraded my AMD Graphics driver on my notebook which has AMD Switchable (dual) Graphics. The new GUI application is completely different, I can't seem to find where can I assign which GPU is to run the given application? This is a notebook and I don't game a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD: amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe, when run for compatibility with Windows 8, restored the AMD and Intel Tools for controlling the Switchable Graphics. But, a short while later Windows Update wiped them out when, Driver Updates, Shown in Update History, for AMD Mobility...
  7. AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated): Hello everyone I have this problem for about 2 years now, I am trying to switch from AMD Radeon (TM) 520 [Discrete/Switchable Graphics] because it is more powerful than my AMD Radeon R4 [Primary/Integrated Graphics] When I try go to Switchable graphics section in the AMD...
  8. Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 5576. 265 SSD and 1TB HDD. I have AMD R5 and Rx560. The 560 is the dedicated, 4G. Adrenaline (the driver software) can see the RX560. Device Manager can see the RX560. Neither World of Warcraft nor Windows sees anything but the integrated R5,...
  9. AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926

AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926: My Switchable Graphics option is there but I cannot configure it at all. I have tried modded drivers, original drivers and running with compatibility settings. For some reason when I select Configure Switchable Graphics it takes me to the Creating and Arranging Desktops...
  10. HP Switchable Graphics Problem

HP Switchable Graphics Problem: My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM. I have had several different graphics problems and have upgraded the drivers. It has HP Switchable Graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. warcraft 3 not using switchable graphics

2. does windows 1903 support switchable amd and intel graphics

3. AMD switchable graphics problem

4. intel amd radeon switchable graphics,
  5. why my amd graphics setting does not have the switchable graphics,
  6. intel and amd switchable graphics issue bsod crash