Windows 10: Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs

Discus and support Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel has a long history of leading the industry in I/O innovation. In the late 1990s, Intel developed USB, which made it easier and faster to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 24, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs

Source: Envision a World with Thunderbolt 3 Technology Everywhere

:)

Brink, May 24, 2017

2. Add Windows 7 to a new windows 10 Laptop

There are quite a number of Skylake systems (which is the latest from Intel in CPU technology) that supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Microsoft made available, a
    list of vendors who are providing a selection of Windows 7/8.1 systems
    with support for

Intel’s latest CPU architecture, Skylake
    . Microsoft recently announced plans to limit Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 support for future revisions of Skylake. This would make it an opportune time, to upgrade to a new PC now
    while they are available. Within a year’s time, Microsoft will only focus on supporting Windows 10 on future processor technology.

Source:
    http://www.groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/

Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 on new Dell XPS 13 will not sleep properly

After extensive effort I've been able to get a new XPS 9365 to work properly. Including Thunderbolt 3 (for the most part) and Sleep Mode. You must be very diligent uninstalling and re-installing most all Dell driver components. In particular, start with
    the latest BIOS ...

then:

XPSOSD application

Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal FrameworkModern Standby Power Saver Settings Utility

Intel HD 620/640/615 Graphics driver

and in my case,

the thubderbolt driver.

uninstall and re-install them separately re-booting each time.

Steelin Time, May 24, 2017
Thema:

Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs

1. Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs - Similar Threads - Intel Announces Plans

2. Intel 7th gen CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 7th gen CPUs: Can anyone from Microsoft itself tell me why the 7th gen got excluded from the compatibility list, except of all things the HEDT chips of said generation, AND the CPU that runs Microsoft's own Surface laptop the 7820?I'm furious....
  3. Intel 7th gen CPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 7th gen CPUs: Can anyone from Microsoft itself tell me why the 7th gen got excluded from the compatibility list, except of all things the HEDT chips of said generation, AND the CPU that runs Microsoft's own Surface laptop the 7820?I'm furious....
  4. Intel announces 10th Gen desktop CPUs with up to 10 cores 5.3 GHz

in Windows 10 News
    Intel announces 10th Gen desktop CPUs with up to 10 cores 5.3 GHz: [img] What’s New: Intel introduced today the 10th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series desktop processors, including Intel’s flagship Core i9-10900K processor, the world’s fastest gaming processor. With speeds reaching up to a maximum of 5.3...
  5. How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...: I have a Lenovo yoga 920 running windows 10, with no HDMI or DisplayPort. I have an apple thunderbolt 3 male/thunderbolt 2 female, adapter. Then I have an old Displayport to HDMI cable. (FYI: thunderbolt 2 and display port used the same connector) When I plug all this...
  6. Announcing future user-agents for Bingbot

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing future user-agents for Bingbot: As announced in October, Bing is adopting the new Microsoft Edge as the engine to run JavaScript and render web pages. We have already switched to Microsoft Edge for thousands of web sites “under the hood”. This evolution was transparent for most of the sites and we carefully...
  7. Intel releases Thunderbolt 3 protocol to USB Promoter Group

in Windows 10 News
    Intel releases Thunderbolt 3 protocol to USB Promoter Group: [ATTACH] In March 2019, Intel Corporation announced that it has contributed the Thunderbolt protocol specification to the USB Promoter Group. The USB Promoter Group also announced the pending release of the USB4 specification, based on the Thunderbolt protocol. The...
  8. Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs": Hello, I have a older Tablet sitting around in my shelf and I tough it would be nice to have a windows tablet to play around with. How ever I found out that the Processor my tablet is using "Intel Atom Z2560" which had Problems back in 2017. My question is is this still the...
  9. Windows 10 and future CPUs

Windows 10 and future CPUs: Hey all, Premise: So lately I've been reading up on articles (below) that detail Win 10 and old CPUs will no longer be compatible. I want to stay on Win 7 as long as possible as i think it's perfect for my needs, however my rig is long due for an update. My CPU, board, RAM...
  10. Latest Intel CPUs

Latest Intel CPUs: I love keeping up on the latest and greatest, and Intel is at it again! Say hello to the 10 core, 20 thread i7-6950x: http://ark.intel.com/products/94456/Intel-Core-i7-6950X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-25M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz Obviously between the fact that very few if any...