Windows 10: Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary Update

Discus and support Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary update, probably due to it's specs, and shared video memory, right now it's 1.6ghz Single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMDMan2016, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary Update

Hi All

Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary update, probably due to it's specs, and shared video memory, right now it's 1.6ghz Single Core Atom Processor, 2gbs of ram, minus 512mb for video, so really 1.75gbs Windows sees, well problem now getting Anniversary in on it lol, my options are try again? try to restore to 7, but flash drive with 7 ISO on it won't read lol, no CD/DVD Drive, is there a way to make a new Windows 7 usb drive, from Windows 10 Pro 64bit system?

:)

AMDMan2016, Aug 7, 2016

2. I cannot upgrade to Windows 10

Its possible your Intel Atom device is one of the unlucky ones. You might want to try upgrading to Windows 10 1607 which supports older devices. Microsoft plans to continue supporting it with updates until January 2023:

It's Official: Intel Atom Clover Trail PCs Can't Upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update

How to download Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update)

Download Windows 10 ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

then

Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2016
  4. Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary Update

manish9009, Aug 7, 2016
  5. ohhh thanks!!, will get that done

AMDMan2016, Aug 7, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    I'm confused. Are you trying to update Win 10 1511 (released) to 1607 (Anniversary Update)?

If so, you don't need a USB drive. Get the latest Win 10 .ISO using the Media Creation Tool (or by direct download, if available). Mount the .ISO from within Win 10, and run the upgrade from that.

bobkn, Aug 8, 2016
  7. well Anniversary on that little Atom PC, I don't know if it would run it though lol, memory is only 2gb, 1.75 with video memory, I suppose I could give it a shot and see what happens, do have the ISO now

AMDMan2016, Aug 8, 2016
  8. bobkn Win User

Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary Update

If it'll run 1511, it'll run 1607.

I'm still confused as to what your current OS is.

bobkn, Aug 8, 2016
  9. Current OS on that Little Intel Atom is version 1511 on that model, 1607 on the other 2 Desktops

AMDMan2016, Aug 8, 2016
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Then it should work. Any error message?

Make sure you are not trying to install x64 version.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 8, 2016
  11. VE3YF Win User
    It should run ok, maybe a bit slow. When I did the anniversary update on my Atom it took an extra 3 reboots on my behalf as the update seemed to loose itself. Other than running a bit slow, works just fine. I use it to control my weather station so only 1 app running.

VE3YF, Aug 8, 2016
  12. Yeah gonna work on it shortly here, and should be fine I think, maybe a bit slow, but only will be used for maybe a casual game, or email checking at times lol, nothing major lol

AMDMan2016, Aug 8, 2016
  13. caperjack Win User

I have an use an atom cpu Acer Switch 10 mini laptop ,and there is no sign of a update to the latest win10 ,and if it never shows for me to download it ,I will never install it, this thing is slow enough now *Wink

caperjack, Aug 8, 2016
  14. Slow as can be, then again i'm used to my 8 Core , and 8gbs of ram system lol, Major change even doing a little bit on that machine up there, but if I can get the update in, will, but so far waiting for Media Creation tool to finish downloading lol, even wireless N 5ghz, doesn't really speed it up much lol

AMDMan2016, Aug 8, 2016
  15. It should run fine. I just upgraded a computer that has a Pentium N3700 and 2 GM of memory. Even had a spinner HDD and it runs fairly well.

DeaconFrost, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Intel Atom PC, doesn't seem to support Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Intel Atom doesn't

2. intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ: Dead in the water on a Surface Pro 3, cant even upgrade to WIn 11.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-atom-x7-z8700-cpu-16ghz/6564b469-80fe-4e7b-87c8-7d1f6c7e1c55
  3. intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel atom x7 z8700 cpu @ 1.6GHZ: Dead in the water on a Surface Pro 3, cant even upgrade to WIn 11.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-atom-x7-z8700-cpu-16ghz/6564b469-80fe-4e7b-87c8-7d1f6c7e1c55
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Atom Processor: I need a link to download Win10 Anniversary edit. I want to format tablet and install fresh. I installed current builds and it won't allow me to do many functions... control panel / device manager / on screen keyboard, etc....
  5. Intel 4600 Graphics doesn't seem to be working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel 4600 Graphics doesn't seem to be working: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 -> 10. I had a 2 monitor setup, one connected to Intel 4600 through HDMI, one through DVI on my NVIDIA. Everything seemed to work, my NVIDIA works fine, except my other monitor was off. So I've been scouring the forums and trying various...
  6. eSPI Interface Intel Atom - E3930

eSPI Interface Intel Atom - E3930: Hello, I need to use Intel Atom E3930 based platform LEC-AL-E3930-2G-8G-ER with LEC-BASE 2.0 and Windows 10 running on it. Intel Atom E3930 supports an eSPI interface, and I need to connect 3rd party device with that. I need to develop an application which runs on Windows...
  7. Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs"

Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs": Hello, I have a older Tablet sitting around in my shelf and I tough it would be nice to have a windows tablet to play around with. How ever I found out that the Processor my tablet is using "Intel Atom Z2560" which had Problems back in 2017. My question is is this still the...
  8. Cannot install Updates on Drive D Intel Atom Z8300

Cannot install Updates on Drive D Intel Atom Z8300: Hi I have one of these Diddy Chinese Computers the Intel Atom Z8300 Cherry Tree great but now encountering a problem. I have installed a 128Gb SD Card which has been formatted and now awaits being used I can 'see it' in Device Manager and install music, photo's etc onto it no...
  9. uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update

uefi firmware not supported for windows anniversary update: Says that uefi firmware isn't supported when trying to upgrade https://i.imgur.com/iOsdbgO.png here is my disk management, what am i supposed to do? https://i.imgur.com/UX1qkeT.png 64005
  10. New Intel Atom E3900 processors for IoT

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Atom E3900 processors for IoT: On Oct. 25, 2016, Intel announced the Intel® Atom™ Processor E3900 Series (Apollo Lake). Jonathan Ballon introduced the new processor as part of his keynote at the IoT Solutions World Congress in Barcelona. Intel supports the expansion of the Internet of Things (IoT) and...