Windows 10: Intel Bug Questions and concerns

Discus and support Intel Bug Questions and concerns in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Screenshot may be misleading. Google Chrome uses 1GB ram (75%), which leads to a total of 1.5GB system RAM. Suggest untick Group by type, and sort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018.

1. pyramid10 Win User

Intel Bug Questions and concerns

Screenshot may be misleading. Google Chrome uses 1GB ram (75%), which leads to a total of 1.5GB system RAM.

Suggest untick Group by type, and sort Memory column from highest to lowest for another screenshot.

A fresh install may also be misleading, as a user will likely change settings left and right, including install of Google Chrome.

Finally, Meltdown and Spectre Windows mediation, from my own experience, delays unpredicted 'change of directions', such as launches of different programs. Launches of different modules within the same program may get delayed too.

pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018

2. Hey guys, I have a surface pro which has started running really slow and has been extremely CPU and RAM hungry. I have owned this surface pro 3 for well over a year now with NO such issues like this. I used to be able to comfortably be able to edit 1080p video in adobe premier pro without any issues whatsoever.

I am now not even able to play back youtube videos without about 88% of CPU and RAM capacity being used.

So I am wondering if this is relate to the intel BUG? If so is there a fix?

Thanks

:)

deanfourie, Apr 8, 2018
  3. questions and concerns on the N80

ok ill check it out for you...ill have a reply by tomorrow....if anything else puzzles you just reply

roberth---01, Apr 8, 2018
  4. Intel Bug Questions and concerns

questions and concerns on the N80

Captdan,

The N80 will not work on US 3G networks thanks to the US using a completely different freq range than everyone else.

Sure you'll save cash, and have one earlier than people in the US, BUT will only be able to use ANY of the 3G features when NOT in the US.

getsurfers, Apr 8, 2018
  5. What does Task Manager show for the PC's resources based on the applications that are currently running?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 9, 2018
  6. HI, I have just done a fresh install of windows, prob due anyway. But still I am not as happy as previously was. I have noticed in device manager that google chrome is constantly chewing up a lot of RAM. Please see pic.

Any ideas? Could it be something to do with this intel bug, I really have little knowledge on this bug and have not followed it so I know almost nothing.

Appreciate the help!

deanfourie, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

Intel Bug Questions and concerns

1. Intel Bug Questions and concerns - Similar Threads - Intel Bug Questions

2. Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility: Hi. I have an HP Envy x360 Laptop, and I am planning to buy a stylus for the computer. I was wondering if the styluses used for the Surface models would work. Would this be so? And if not, do you have separate styluses for computers like mine....
  3. Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question Concerning Stylus Compatibility: Hi. I have an HP Envy x360 Laptop, and I am planning to buy a stylus for the computer. I was wondering if the styluses used for the Surface models would work. Would this be so? And if not, do you have separate styluses for computers like mine....
  4. Intel RST driver concern

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  5. Question concerning Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Question concerning Outlook 2019: Hi: I'm hoping somebody can answer this question for me. I am using Outlook 2019 from Office Professional Pro 2019. I would like to know how I can send an e-mail to somebody, and without asking for a read receipt be notified that the e-mail was read. I've Googled, and found...
  6. Questions concerning additional accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Questions concerning additional accounts: I have a 'small storage' hybrid 2-in-1 tablet PC. In addition to my main (Administrator) account I have two additional accounts, to which I have given very little attention until now. One was created by a MS tech to help with some remote work he did; one (local Administrator)...
  7. Questions concerning aditional accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions concerning aditional accounts: I have a 'small storage' hybrid 2-in-1 tablet PC. In addition to my main (Administrator) account I have two additional accounts, to which I have given very little attention until now. One was created by a MS tech to help with some remote work he did; one (local Administrator)...
  8. Questions concerning restored images in macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions concerning restored images in macrium: I know cloning a drive will in essence replicate it, but I have a question about imaging your OS and data partitions. If you image the OS and data partitions and restore them on a target drive...... will the restored target drive be able to boot Windows or just...
  9. Some questions concerning Groove music player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some questions concerning Groove music player: 1. How does one clear songs from playing now?, first song I fired up was a Led Zeppelin song, the taskbar on bottom of player showing controls and song progress cant be cleared. 2. Groove didn't import 50 of my 600 albums, what's up with that?, yet on another computer it...
  10. A couple of questions concerning Windows 10.....

in Windows 10 Support
    A couple of questions concerning Windows 10.....: Hi, It seems that every single time I get my USB 3 Hard drive to boot with my computer NVIDIA releases a new driver and for some strange reason the hard drive will no longer auto boot with the computer so then I have to get up, turn it off and back on in order for it to...