Windows 10: Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

Discus and support Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a slight problem. I purchased a Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC and did not realise it was only supported for or came installed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by deanfourie, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

Hey guys, I have a slight problem.

I purchased a Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC and did not realise it was only supported for or came installed with Ubuntu on it.

I am trying to install Windows 10 on it. During install I am constantly getting Windows ran into a problem and needs to reboot. When I can get the installation to initiate, I cannot select my MicroUSB drive to install windows. This only has 8GB of built in storage on it. But the micro SD does not show as a partition in the installation window.

I managed to get one windows OS installed, but again when booting, I am getting the error windows ran into a problem and needs to reboot.

I really dont want to have to fork out on another one, is there any way to get windows installed on this beast!

Cheers

:)

deanfourie, Jun 28, 2017

2. Intel Compute Stick Useless

Just getting a total view of my error across and storing images of the fault while i can. The images function in this thread is terrible. Mind your own business.

StevenMutch, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Intel Compute Stick Useless

Hello, ive been having nothing but problems since I got the compute stick. It kept resetting itself saying kernel error, iqrl error etc. Now there is no internet connection. It wont let me reset anything, view events, connect to the internet or troubleshoot.
    Can I have a refund please? Every 5 - 20 minutes it resets and wont let me into safemode. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows :(

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

StevenMutch, Jun 28, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

What is an Intel Compute Stick ?

If it only supports Ubuntu, why are you trying to install Windows on it ?

An Intel product that supports Ubuntu, isn`t that a bit strange ?

AddRAM, Jun 28, 2017
  5. According to this page, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...000005899.html Your model only supports Ubuntu. That may be due to the CPU and or firmware.

alphanumeric, Jun 28, 2017
  6. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...ute-stick.html Basically a mini PC in a thumb drive case that you can put in your pocket. You plug it into your TV, add a few peripherals and you have a PC.

7. Also keep in mind, that devices like this often have a very special way of installing an OS. You don't install it in the normal fashion. You may have to flash a pre made image to the onboard storage.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

Your model of compute stick only comes with 8 GB of memory that serves as the "hard drive". Windows 10 requires a minimum of 16 GB - over twice that. You cannot use the MicroSD card as the "hard drive". You are going to have to learn the joys of Linux. Even flashing a premade image to it won't work as there simply is not enough memory there to run Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2017
  9. Joys of Linux? *Tongue Just kidding. Only having 8 gig of storage would be the reason there is no Windows support. Missed that bit of info when I posted.

10. 1. I recommend not getting a Intel Compute Stick, it's a lowend garbage device that only has about 2GB RAM, which is not enough to do anything these days, I have 16GB RAM and it uses 3+GB, so yeah, you're gonna need atleast 4GB RAM to get by with Windows 10.
    2. Why are you asking about UBUNTU, this is a WINDOWS forum?

connorw123, Jun 28, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    It all depends on what you want to use it for. As a simple media client they work great. I use my stick computer as a Kodi client to play media stored on a NAS and streaming content from internet sources such as Acorn.tv. My next project for it is going to be to plug it into my wife's Dodge Grand Caravan video entertainment system to watch movies on road trips coming up this summer.

The OP was not asking about UBUNTU on this forum. The OP was asking how to install Windows 10 onto the device.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2017
  12. Yes, I suppose you can use an Intel Compute Stick for doing basic tasks, but it's really limited, also, he mentioned having Ubuntu on his device so I just had to say that this forum is for Windows 10, not Ubuntu.

connorw123, Jun 28, 2017
  13. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

It came with Ubuntu, that's all. The OP wanted to swap that for Windows. Linux discussions are allowed here. It just depends on what part of the forum you post it in. I have a very long running Raspberry Pi thread in the chill out section. There is some Windows 10 IoT content in it, but it mostly deals with the Raspbian OS which is Linux. You may be very surprised by what you can do with devices like a Raspberry Pi or Compute Stick. RAM isn't everything, my Pi only has 1 gig. More than enough to run KODI as a Media Center. My Pi will do things my PC could never do.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows - Similar Threads - Intel Compute Stick

2. Cannot install Feature updated to Wondows 10, version 20H2 into Intel Compute Stick STK1AW32SC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Feature updated to Wondows 10, version 20H2 into Intel Compute Stick STK1AW32SC: Dear Expert, My current version of Intel Compute Stick is 32-bit. Drive C is free space remain 10 GB. And Windows update was downloading Update version 20็็H2 for me Then the system inform me to restart the device in order to install the update. But every time when I...
  3. Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kiano Slimstick (Atom Z3735F, similar to early Intel Compute Stick) - Edge video...: Hello, I recently got an old Kiano Slimstick, that has similar configuration to early version of Intel Computestick. After I started it, it worked perfectly with both Chrome and Edge able to play YT fullHD 60FPS buttersmooth, also 4K 60 fps was ok (on chrome, edge didn't have...
  4. Intel Compute Stick 32GB version - How to disable Windows 1903 build?

Intel Compute Stick 32GB version - How to disable Windows 1903 build?: Greetings, I was wondering if I could completely disable Windows 1903 build from installing on the after mentioned device. The problem occurs when I upgrade from build 1809 to 1903 I run out of storage on the device, which only has 32GB. After 1903 build update, the storage...
  5. Intel Unveils Neural Compute Stick 2 for Smarter AI Edge Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Unveils Neural Compute Stick 2 for Smarter AI Edge Devices: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] What’s New: Intel is hosting its first artificial intelligence (AI) developer conference in Beijing on Nov. 14 and 15. The company kicked off the event with the introduction of the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (Intel NCS...
  6. Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error

Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error: I had Ubuntu 16.10 loaded on this stick but the o/s proved too much for it. I ended up swapping it out for a lighter-weight Debian based distribution which is still installed as far as I recall. I would like to reinstall Win10 now ( it came with Win8.1 + upgrade to Win10),...
  7. Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD

Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD: Hi BSOD squad, I hope you are able to tell me what caused this BSOD today. Background: Intel Compute Stick, used as HTPC. Never had any issues, works like a charm. Upgraded last night to build 10547 EN-GB x86. Today VPN connection to Finland to watch news from Finnish...
  8. Cannot Install Win10 Ver 14393 0n Intel Compute Stick 1A32WFC

Cannot Install Win10 Ver 14393 0n Intel Compute Stick 1A32WFC: I have just finished updating my Desktop & Surface Tablet to Win10 Version 14393! Took a long time but completed without a HITCH! However, on my Intel Compute Stick Computer STCK1A32WFC, after checking computer status gave following error! "Not enough disk space, needs...
  9. Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511

Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511: Good day to all, This is my first post in this forum and I actually discovered it by searching at the Internet, after having the same problem (installation of Windows 10 new Update 1511- nersion 10586) with my Intel Compute Stick, which was bought to serve me as an...
  10. Windows 10 installation not sticking

Windows 10 installation not sticking: Hello I have an Acer aspire e1521 laptop and it used to run windows 7 home premium. I bought a self made installation disc for windows 10 and after some minor issues it finally installed. It was windows 10 technical preview version and it worked fine at first. I opened a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel compute stick 1gb install wimdows

2. intel compute stick windows 1903

3. Windows 10 version 1903 intel compute stick instalation problem

4. cant install compute stick drivers,
  5. intel compute stick reinstall windows,
  6. neural compute stick fault Unsupported Python version. Please install Python 3.5