Windows 10: Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error

Discus and support Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had Ubuntu 16.10 loaded on this stick but the o/s proved too much for it. I ended up swapping it out for a lighter-weight Debian based distribution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bra10n, Nov 16, 2016.

1. bra10n Win User

Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error

I had Ubuntu 16.10 loaded on this stick but the o/s proved too much for it. I ended up swapping it out for a lighter-weight Debian based distribution which is still installed as far as I recall. I would like to reinstall Win10 now ( it came with Win8.1 + upgrade to Win10), but I have run into this error, see title.

I'm afraid I can't provide any more info.

I have updated the firmware with this file and it finished installing successfully but still no cigar. The boot order is set to USB media and secure boot is disabled. I have tried Windows Media creation tool, Win10 iso using Rufus etc etc. All end in BSOD.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

:)

bra10n, Nov 16, 2016

2. Intel compute stick failure after window 10 update

Hi George,

Thanks for the update and response.

As per the information you have given about the model no STCK1A32WFC, As per the Intel website given below STCK1A32WFC is compatible with Windows 10, 32 bit. Make sure that you have Windows 10, 32 bit.

Please refer the link

Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

Support for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

If you have Windows 10, 32 bit then, I would suggest you to follow the above link and refer the steps given in section
    Troubleshooting and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Raju S Das, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I believe you can only install the 32 Windows 10, is that what you are doing?

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2016
  5. bra10n Win User
    Thanks for your reply.

I was trying a 64bit ISO TBH.

I was under the impression that because this is the 2GB stick (with Ubuntu 64bit loader option) that this stick could load either. I have loaded Linux 64bit variants without issue if that is any indicator.

Many thanks Ztruker

bra10n, Nov 19, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I read in several forums that since the anniversary update, only 32 bit will work. Try it, see what happens.

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2016
  7. bra10n Win User
    Will do and thanks for your help.

bra10n, Nov 19, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Let me know how you make out.

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2016
  9. bra10n Win User
    *Party Good call Ztruker.

Win10 32bit with 32bit loader selected boots first time. On my way now to re-installing.

Thank you very much for your time.

After I'm done installing I'll try boot a 64bit ISO again to confirm ICS is now 32bit only.

cheers

bra10n, Nov 19, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Nov 20, 2016
  11. bra10n Win User
    No luck. I tried running setup.exe from inside Win10 and booting directly from Kyhi's disc.
    Seemingly 64bit os no longer loads on ICS.

Anyway, I'm happy to have Win10 back on the device. Thanks for your help.

bra10n, Nov 20, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel Compute Stick (stck1a32wfc) BSOD - acpi_bios_error - Similar Threads - Intel Compute Stick

2. BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR: So the bluescreen happen after i shutdown my laptop after doing some work, and went to the cafe to meet with my friend to do some exam and turned on my laptop again. But after i turned it on, my laptop went bluescreen with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. Can anyone help me to fix this so i...
  3. BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen ACPI_BIOS_ERROR: So the bluescreen happen after i shutdown my laptop after doing some work, and went to the cafe to meet with my friend to do some exam and turned on my laptop again. But after i turned it on, my laptop went bluescreen with ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. Can anyone help me to fix this so i...
  4. ACPI_BIOS_ERROR on 2 amd pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI_BIOS_ERROR on 2 amd pc: I have a Asus b450-f gaming plus and a MSI x570 gaming plus They have same setting Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x Ram: 16 go g-skill SSD: SAMSUNG EVO 860 M2: Samsung 1 to HDD: segate 1to Power supply: thermaltake 850 watt Bios setting: EUFI: ON SECURE BOOT: OFF ACPI: ON...
  5. Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

Persistent & intermittent BSOD 0xc0000001 & ACPI_BIOS_ERROR: My system is a Lenovo P51s purchased around 2017. It has a hard drive ribbon connector on its motherboard, which is taken by a 512GB Crucial SSD via SATA. As you may know, this connection on this model is widely thought to be unreliable, and my system crashes unpredictably...
  6. Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

Bootcamp Windows 10 keeps showing ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.: Recently got bootcamp for Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15. Bootcamp successfully installed and launched. Left it to idle for a bit and when I came back it had shut down my Macbook. Turning it back on I saw the Windows Logo, then the loading wheel suddenly...
  7. Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD

Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD: Hi BSOD squad, I hope you are able to tell me what caused this BSOD today. Background: Intel Compute Stick, used as HTPC. Never had any issues, works like a charm. Upgraded last night to build 10547 EN-GB x86. Today VPN connection to Finland to watch news from Finnish...
  8. Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Compute Stick - Installing Windows: Hey guys, I have a slight problem. I purchased a Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC and did not realise it was only supported for or came installed with Ubuntu on it. I am trying to install Windows 10 on it. During install I am constantly getting Windows ran into a problem...
  9. Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511

Intel Compute Stick: Same problem on installation Win 10 update 1511: Good day to all, This is my first post in this forum and I actually discovered it by searching at the Internet, after having the same problem (installation of Windows 10 new Update 1511- nersion 10586) with my Intel Compute Stick, which was bought to serve me as an...
  10. acpi_bios_error

acpi_bios_error: Hello, I'm trying to install windows 10 on a new build, but it always gives me this error/bluescreen as soon as it loads from the installation media. Updated bios and I've tried to disable ACPI settings on the bios and it did no difference. 42354