Windows 10: Intel driver from 1968?

Discus and support Intel driver from 1968? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Planning on replacing my current system. The new system is: MB: Asus Prime Z370-A CPU: Intel i5-8400 Memory: 16 GB GSkill DDR4 HD: 2x M.2 Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cr00zng, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Intel driver from 1968?

Planning on replacing my current system. The new system is:

MB: Asus Prime Z370-A
    CPU: Intel i5-8400
    Memory: 16 GB GSkill DDR4
    HD: 2x M.2 Samsung 960 EVO NVMe PCIe (x4), Samsung 250GBs SATA SSD

That's about all, the BIOS is the latest available from Asus.

Created a Windows 10 USB drive on my current system, by following instruction here:

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Booted the new system to the USB and set up Windows Professional 64-bit. After the install, the first order of business is to update Windows. It did commence as expected, but there were some weird updates for Intel going by. After the reboot, this what the installed update shows:

Intel driver from 1968? [​IMG]

And yes, the date and time is correct in the BIOS and in Windows.

The system seems to be running just fine, but prior to entering the license key...

Should Windows install given an other go, or just remove the Intel drivers from 1968?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Jan 27, 2018
  2. jensknol Win User

intel driver for intel drive({R) Q965/Q963, error 0x88f0100

Original title: intel update driver

intel driver for intel drive({R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Coroeration-WDDM 1.1)-foutcode 0x88f0100

jensknol, Jan 27, 2018
  3. intel driver for intel drive({R) Q965/Q963, error 0x88f0100

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As we couldn't find the error code which you have posted us I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Update the drivers from the device manager and check if it helps.

Refer:
    How to install and Update Drivers

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 27, 2018
  4. AddRAM Win User

Intel driver from 1968?

I'm sure it's just a Typo *Smile

Personally I don't like those Intel updates, no description, and as you see 2 of yours are listed .44

As far as the Removal Tool goes,, I could take it or leave it, I have never ever used it once, with W7 or 10.

AddRAM, Jan 27, 2018
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    According to intel ...

“Intel(R) Chipset Device Software uses an unusual date for the devices it is targeting. The date 07/18/1968 is symbolic – Intel was founded that day. The reason this date is used is to lower the rank of Intel(R) Chipset Device Software.This is necessary because it’s a supporting utility that should not overwrite any other drivers. Updating Intel(R) Chipset Device Software is not needed."

Eagle51, Jan 27, 2018
  6. Cr00zng Win User
    Thanks guys/gals....

So, the drivers are fine as they are, no need to remove/reinstall them. Will it cause issues in the near/later future?
    TIA...

Cr00zng, Jan 27, 2018
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Cr00zng,
    Yea, 10.1.1.44 should be fine, but I'd check your motherboards site for the latest drivers. If I'm looking at the right motherboard listed in your specs, they have ... Intel INF [10.1.1.8] 2.67 MB 2015/07/07

Eagle51, Jan 27, 2018
  8. Cr00zng Win User

Intel driver from 1968?

Thanks...

Downloaded the driver from Asus, version 11.7.0.1040, and installed it.

Thanks guys/gals for the help...

Cr00zng, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Intel driver from 1968?

1. Intel driver from 1968? - Similar Threads - Intel driver 1968

2. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver: If I have outdated Intel driver, can I still play genshin impact? My intel uhd driver is still up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver/375d3b5d-8443-48c1-9d74-d34b36c4a6c8
  3. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Driver: If I have outdated Intel driver, can I still play genshin impact? My intel uhd driver is still up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver/375d3b5d-8443-48c1-9d74-d34b36c4a6c8
  4. intel graphics driver not updating from the site

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel graphics driver not updating from the site: anytime i try updating my intel graphics driver from the intel site, it will always say "installation failed" or "installation error" and i don't know why, does anyone know why and is there anyway i can fix it?...
  5. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver: When I updated to the new intel update to fix some of my games from acting really slow it worked but when I played the games for long or when I played certain games like Roblox my entire computer crashed without A BSOD or any warning. Does anybody know how to fix this?...
  6. Intel drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel drivers: What are DCH drivers . Is it available for my pc in future..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-drivers/fa08c135-7717-4f1e-b770-dbbf597709bb
  7. Switch from PC manufacturer to Intel driver

Switch from PC manufacturer to Intel driver: I have an Acer Aspire E5-571 and am trying to switch from the graphics driver provided by Acer to the newer version for my graphics card available directly from Intel. The card model is HD Graphics 4400 and the CPU is a 4th gen Core i5 so I'm pretty sure this is the correct...
  8. Intel GMA Drivers

Intel GMA Drivers: Hi all, Is anyone else (or everyone else) have an issue with dual-monitor setups as far as resolutions are concerned? I am an AV engineer and programmer and I had my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro hooked up to a Crestron DigitalMedia video system, which is really some of the best...
  9. Intel drivers

Intel drivers: After trying to figure it out as to why my laptop kept freezing, I came to a conclusion that Windows is too bugged/Intel drivers are corrupt/bugged. Essentially, a few months ago, I "solved" my computer's freezing bug, where I couldn't use my mouse, keyboard and pretty...
  10. Which driver to download from Intel site?

Which driver to download from Intel site?: Hi. My install of Windows 11 needed a driver for Intel GMA 3600. There is only a Windows 7 driver, which I installed but it crashed. On another post I have been advised to install it as an administrator in Compatibility mode for Windows 7. Can't find my original driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. chipset driver 1968

3. intel driver dated 1968

4. intel driver from 1968 ?,
  5. chipset intel driver 1968