Windows 10: Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up)

Discus and support Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Introduction: I am using a Laptop (Lenovo G400s) with Intel HD Graphics 4000. As we all know, laptops are limited to the drivers provided by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Zash, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Zash Win User

Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up)

Introduction:

I am using a Laptop (Lenovo G400s) with Intel HD Graphics 4000. As we all know, laptops are limited to the drivers provided by the manufacturer. In my case, the provided drivers from this link → Laptops and netbooks :: Lenovo G Series laptops :: Lenovo G400s Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)

Desktop users can just use the generic/general drivers provided by the brands (nVidia, AMD, Intel, etc..) and that's the reason why I can't use the provided driver of Intel for Windows 10 from this link → Intel Download Center

If you're not familiar with the difference of the nature of drivers with desktop's versus that of laptop's, here's an explanation.

For example, with desktop graphic cards (let's say nVidia), you can just go straight to their website and download the driver and then install it then have a good FPS with the games you are running. On the other hand, if you are using a laptop, you cannot do the same thing. In order to have the right FPS with the games you are running, the driver that you need to download and install is the one provided by your laptop brand manufacturer, for example in my case, Lenovo.

Problem:

I am receiving this error in the Action Center (screenshot of error below)

Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up) [​IMG]

This error appears after the "Turn off display" function/feature from the Power Options activates and then I move my mouse/pointer to make the screen active again (screenshot of feature below)

Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up) [​IMG]

What happens is that the screen turns black or turns off because that's what the feature is for and nothing weird is happening. It's just that after I wake up the screen, action center gives me this error. Windows 8 and 8.1 never gave me that error.

Things I Have Tried:

I already performed a clean uninstall of the graphics driver by using Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.4.0.0 in safe mode.

After that, I installed the latest driver provided by my laptop manufacturer.

After that, I checked if there are any available updates to the driver by using Windows Update, apparently, there is none.

After that, I tried using Intel Driver Update Utility and it also found no updates.

After that, I tried to install the driver provided by Intel for Windows 10 and it cannot be installed because it's not meant for my hardware.

Question:

Can I ask for your help in solving this problem?
    Any Ideas on what else can I try or do to solve this?

:)

2. Installed Windows 10 & my computer won't wake up

I have this same problem. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, and my HP Envy 17 laptop's monitor won't wake up after sleep. I updated all the drivers, including for the Intel HD 3000 and AMD Radeon 6800M. I also tried different versions of the Intel chipset
    drivers, and the Intel MEI drivers. The fans will spin up, the keyboard backlight will turn on, and if I randomly type or click the mouse I sometimes hear the accessibility assistant, so it appears Windows is awake but the screen remains off.

thoreaulylazy, Aug 14, 2015
  3. MSI GE62 randomly BLACK SRCEEN notebook

Well i think im fix that problem, but i dont now witch driver is make this...

I reistall Windows, than wait for update and after that install drivers from MSI, without INTEL VGA driver and RadioButton becouse they updated with Windows.

Now computer can sleep and i can him wake up and no more black screens Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up) :)

GabrieliusKreimeris, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up)

1. Intel Driver Problem (after screen wake-up) - Similar Threads - Intel Driver Problem

2. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  3. Black screen after wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after wakes up: I have GEEKOM Mini Air 11 running Win11 and Sceptre monitor. In the past, waking up created a wallpaper and PIN line on the monitor. Not anymore. Now, waking up creates a black screen and then an error message " The Recycle bin is corrupted..." Clicking it gets back to the...
  4. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  5. Speakers disappear after waking screen up!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers disappear after waking screen up!: Hi all, after my last GPU drivers update Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Logitech Z313 speakers after waking up my AOC C24G1 monitor. If i restart the system it recognize the audio coming from monitor (the speakers are connected by green jack to the monitor) but if PC goes...
  6. No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by): Hi, thank you for your kind support/suggestions. Before writing here I searched almost everywhere, I was able to sucessfully avoid the sign in screen at startup, but not after wakeup (st-by or hibernation). DO you have other suggestions? What I have: Win10 1703 15063.608...
  7. Wake up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up problems: Hi all my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , anyone knows how to fix ? Thx 48515
  8. Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems: After installed Intel hd graphic 530 , laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , already did reinstalled the driver but no luck , plz help 47822
  9. Intel Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Driver Problem: I am using a laptop so I my only option is to use the provided drivers by the manufacturer for Windows 8.1 (there are no Windows 10 drivers available at the download support site) This error shows [img] after this "turn off the display" feature happens [img]...
  10. problem waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    problem waking up: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 the other day and since then when I put it in sleep mode it will not wake up, Can anybody help me? Thanks 11207