Windows 10: Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10

Discus and support Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone upgraded their Intel DX58SO system to Win 10? If so, are there any issues? Intel hasn't, and likely won't, update the 5 Series drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tjg79, Oct 26, 2015.

1. tjg79 Win User

Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10

Has anyone upgraded their Intel DX58SO system to Win 10? If so, are there any issues?

Intel hasn't, and likely won't, update the 5 Series drivers for the new OS. The latest available on the Intel Download Center are Win 7 drivers.

I'm concerned about compatibility and not losing any functionality with the Win 10 generic drivers.

With a clean install, you'd likely need the chipset driver at a minimum. The other drivers would be nice as well.

:)

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Andrew E. Win User

Windows 10 NO Wifi Options and Not seeing Adapter

The pc hardware & the OS,require updates to the MB installed,any MB & a add-on card may work,but

the MB chipset software/driver might need updating..If intel-based MB,go to intel.com/support/drivers/

software/desktop,locate the software for youre MB chipset,it controls USB/networking/video,etc.Also

get updates for the MB controllers/RAID/SATA would be next..Intel has a update utility that scans any

intel-based pc,this being youre pc is intel-based.Intel has seperate web pages just for Win 10..

Andrew E., Oct 26, 2015
  3. Fane_82 Win User
    Just switched my MB and CPU on a windows 10 PC and win does not automaticaly activate

Hello, I have upgraded my MB & CPU, switched form AMD to intel.

I have bought a Win 7 Pro Retail verison just because I'm changing hw components.

I upgraded to win 10 last week and this week end I had to switch my MB., Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10 :(

Even if the old MB and CPU were AMD based, it seems that my installation of windows 10 works great with the new MB and CPU from intel.

But now Windows is not activated anymore and it does not want to activate like windows 7 would. Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10 :(

Can't get in touch with support. And I have an annoying watermak telling me to "Activate Windows".

I can see that they say that I keep my "retail" licensing with the Windows 10 upgrade, but It does not work >: (

Fane_82, Oct 26, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10

No sweat! If you cannot find drivers at the motherboard support page, download latest chipset drivers manually instead. Windows 10 is backwards compatible with Windows 8, 7 and Vista, so you can use drivers for earlier Windows (of course the later the better). With a quick look at Intel's support site, I discovered that the chipset driver provided for your motherboard is from 2012 (version 9.3.0.1019 for Windows 7) while manually downloading latest 5 series chipset driver gives a 2014 file (version 9.2.0.1030 for Windows 7). The only difference being that the 2012 driver is "optimized" for Intel 5 series motherboards while the newer 2014 driver is generic for all Intel 5 series chipsets. I would go for the latest generic driver, you shouldn't have any problem. For the rest drivers you can download those provided on the motherboard support page or find the latest generic ones which will be likely newer.

I would create a full system backup (or clone) in another disk, just to be on the safe side and then update all drivers before I upgrade to Windows 10. Then uncheck the "Connect to Internet to download updates" in Windows Setup to make sure Windows Update won't try to mess with the drivers before the upgrade is complete. Go ahead, do it! If you have any issues we are here to help. In worst case you can just wipe the disk and restore your backup.

Also have a look at this post.

spapakons, Oct 26, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Please do an image backup of your current system before you upgrade. Then if anything goes wrong you can restore that image and be back where you are now.

Macrium Reflect Free and a external USB hard drive ($50) are all that is needed.

Ztruker, Oct 27, 2015
  6. tjg79 Win User
    I would if this was an install worth imaging. It's only the Win 7 Pro 64-bit, drivers and a few utilities. I decided to let the Intel Desktop Control Center tweak the cpu and memory within manufacturer's limits to get a bit more performance. During the one-hour run, it blue screened the system twice. I've got my RAID 1 set to write-back cache for performance. The result was that I've now got something corrupted that can't be resolved with System Restore. This install was only a few days old, so I didn't have an image yet. Now, when I'm in System Restore and I'm closing out the pop-up boxes by clicking "OK," I get pop-up error boxes. So, the combination of blue screen, RAID 1 write-back cache and no image, has rendered this install disposable.

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Then why keep it? I would install Windows 7 again to be able to create the activation token as described here. Then I would format and clean-install Windows 10 and use the token to activate.

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
  8. tjg79 Win User

Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10

It was good enough to do the Win 10 upgrade install. Now that I've got Win 10 installed, I can see that all the negative reviews were accurate. I'm going to try to get familiar with this OS and make adjustments and tweaks until it's where I like it best. Then I'll do a clean install. So far, it's a PITA to do the usual tasks.

The issue I was having with the Win 7 install has been completely resolved by this upgrade install.

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Good. Post for help, if you have any problems. Also have a look at Customization section, if you want to change Windows 10 look and make it more than Windows 8 or 7.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10

1. Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10 - Similar Threads - Intel DX58SO

2. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.: Check cable connection!PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-cable-connection-pxe-mof-exiting-intel-pxe/468b45db-6eeb-4414-8358-0d4c41773054
  3. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.: Check cable connection!PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-cable-connection-pxe-mof-exiting-intel-pxe/468b45db-6eeb-4414-8358-0d4c41773054
  4. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...

A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...: Some notes:I have 2 PCs with Intel AX211 cards and 1 PC with Intel AX210 card.All 3 used to be able to detect WiFi 6E channels reliably both connecting to WiFi 6E router and displaying channel info using a wifi scanner app.After driver has been updated either the update to...
  6. A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...: Some notes:I have 2 PCs with Intel AX211 cards and 1 PC with Intel AX210 card.All 3 used to be able to detect WiFi 6E channels reliably both connecting to WiFi 6E router and displaying channel info using a wifi scanner app.After driver has been updated either the update to...
  7. Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?: I have a raid 0 array on my Asus Dark Hero Motherboard which is visible in bios and is visible in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app, however, is it not visible in Windows 11 Disk Manager. Any ideas, greatly appreciated...
  8. Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?

Windows 11 does not recognize my PCIe m.2 raid 0 array even though Intel Storage sees it?: I have a raid 0 array on my Asus Dark Hero Motherboard which is visible in bios and is visible in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management app, however, is it not visible in Windows 11 Disk Manager. Any ideas, greatly appreciated...
  9. How do we get Microsoft to Include INTEL XEON CPU E3-1275 V6 @ 3.80GHZ with Windows 11??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we get Microsoft to Include INTEL XEON CPU E3-1275 V6 @ 3.80GHZ with Windows 11??: How do we get Microsoft to Include INTEL XEON CPU E3-1275 V6 @ 3.80GHZ Compatible with the release of Windows 11? My Dell passed every other Objection after running PC Health Check!...
  10. How do we get Microsoft to Include INTEL XEON CPU E3-1275 V6 @ 3.80GHZ with Windows 11??

How do we get Microsoft to Include INTEL XEON CPU E3-1275 V6 @ 3.80GHZ with Windows 11??: How do we get Microsoft to Include INTEL XEON CPU E3-1275 V6 @ 3.80GHZ Compatible with the release of Windows 11? My Dell passed every other Objection after running PC Health Check!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel(r) corporation - system - 11/28/2017 12:00:00 am - 9.21.0.3109

2. intel dx58so w10

3. is intel dx58so compatible with windows10