Windows 10: Intel G33/G31 display adapter disappeared

Discus and support Intel G33/G31 display adapter disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been progressively and successfully updating my Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard over the last five years and now have the latest Windows 10 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TopGeek, Jun 26, 2018.

1. TopGeek Win User

Intel G33/G31 display adapter disappeared

I have been progressively and successfully updating my Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard over the last five years and now have the latest Windows 10 1803 running perfectly. However, I seem to have made a catastrophic mistake today by trying the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. That adapter does not provide an appropriate screen resolution for my LG 22MP57 monitor. It only offers 4:3 images so I tried to return to the G33/G31 adapter. Unfortunately, the ‘roll-back driver’ button was greyed out so I tried uninstalling the Microsoft adapter and rebooting. This did not help. The Microsoft adapter seems to have taken control of the graphics. When trying to ‘select from a list’, it is the only driver shown. I have tried the Intel site but they no longer provide drivers for this chipset.
    Can anyone suggest any way of resolving this situation?

:)

TopGeek, Jun 26, 2018

2. Graphic card (INTEL(R) G33/G31) not working with Window10

Dear all

I am using DEL VOSTRO 200. After installing Window10, I am facing problem of resolution settings.

I have used INTEL(R) G33/G31 Graphic Card in my PC

When I go to Device manager and check for the updates for this card, My system says - I have all the latest Drivers installed.

Could any one help me how to resolve this problem.

With Regards

Naveen Kumar

Naveen KumarSareen, Jun 26, 2018
  3. Pathak Ji Win User
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Is Better Than Other Drivers

Sir, This problem occurs from when I installed Windows 10 first time (29 July 2015). Whenever a new build comes, I clean installs Windows 10.

I have taken your steps but it didn't working.

I have also taken following steps to fix this.

1.Downloaded and Installed the latest driver and bios from the manufacturer. DRIVER name 'Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family'

2.Updated my Display driver through Device Manager. DRIVER name 'Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.0)'

NOT WORKED !! BASICALLY I WANT 1366x768 RESOLUTION IN MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER DRIVER !!

PLEASE CHECK THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BOTH DRIVER'S GRAPHIC MEMORY IN THE SCREENSHOT GIVEN ABOVE !! AND PLEASE-PLEASE DON'T SAY ME TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE !! PLEASE HELP !!

Thank You.....

Pathak Ji, Jun 26, 2018
  4. Intel G33/G31 display adapter disappeared

While reserving Windows 10 it says " Intel (R) G31/G33, Express chipset "

Original title: WindowsAnswer please

Hello please need some info actually i have Dell optiplex 360 core 2 Duo 3.00.GHZ

I have reserved windows 10 and when i checked pc specs it say ( Intel (R) G31/G33, Express chipest family,you ll experience problem with ur display, Kindly let me know is it VGA graphics card issu, i need upgrade Graphics card??

Intel G33/G31 display adapter disappeared 5a705192-a661-4bb1-b318-a645999ceb9b.png

Rashid 732, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

Intel G33/G31 display adapter disappeared

1. Intel G33/G31 display adapter disappeared - Similar Threads - Intel G33 G31

2. Laptop Intel Display Adapter has disappeared from device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Intel Display Adapter has disappeared from device manager?: Hello,I recently started having issues with games crashing on my Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop, so I updated my RTX 2060 graphics drivers using the GeForce Experience app. It didn't fix the problem, so after this I checked the device manager tab, and it seems my Intel...
  3. Laptop Intel Display Adapter has disappeared from device manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Intel Display Adapter has disappeared from device manager?: Hello,I recently started having issues with games crashing on my Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop, so I updated my RTX 2060 graphics drivers using the GeForce Experience app. It didn't fix the problem, so after this I checked the device manager tab, and it seems my Intel...
  4. Laptop Intel Display Adapter has disappeared from device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Graphics driver problem Windows 11 and Windows 10 Intel g33/g31 driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver problem Windows 11 and Windows 10 Intel g33/g31 driver: I am looking for the right intel g33/g31 driver for my Windows 10 and Windows 11 device. It seems that all the intel g33/g31 drivers including the latest drivers from Windows Update cause graphical display errors screen tearing and icon display errors. I had to use the...
  6. Graphics driver problem Windows 11 and Windows 10 Intel g33/g31 driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics driver problem Windows 11 and Windows 10 Intel g33/g31 driver: I am looking for the right intel g33/g31 driver for my Windows 10 and Windows 11 device. It seems that all the intel g33/g31 drivers including the latest drivers from Windows Update cause graphical display errors screen tearing and icon display errors. I had to use the...
  7. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...: After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel AC-9260 wireless adapter. Apparently Miracast requires both the 2.4GHz capability and the 801.11 a,b,g,n capability. In the...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 does not work with Intel G31 / G33 newest, updated drivers.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 does not work with Intel G31 / G33 newest, updated drivers.: Problem : Windows 10 Pro 64 1809 does not work with Intel G31/G33 drivers. Situation : All drivers and BIOS updated. Memory checked with Windows memory test and perfectly OK. Best Performance : Windows virtual memory switched off. All browsers hardware acceleration off....
  9. Intel G33/G31 display adapter not in list

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel G33/G31 display adapter not in list: I have been progressively and successfully updating my Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard over the last five years and now have the latest Windows 10 1803 running perfectly. However, I seem to have made a catastrophic mistake today by trying the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. That...
  10. any trick for displaying 1366x768 on G31/G33/ chipset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    any trick for displaying 1366x768 on G31/G33/ chipset?: gang i've been here before but cannot remember what I used. need to custom-set resolution to modern 1366x768 on a inspiron 530 core 2 machine using intel's g33 family i get 1280x768 - this is build 10074 and a lot of strange things here. no place to do custom settings.i...