Windows 10: Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI

Discus and support Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guy! So, whenever I restart my Lenvo laptop or even resume from sleep as long as the HDMI is connected to my TV or any display, it will BSOD on me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ben946210, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ben946210 Win User

Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI

Hi guy!

So, whenever I restart my Lenvo laptop or even resume from sleep as long as the HDMI is connected to my TV or any display, it will BSOD on me. I have narrowed it down to the these three drivers causing the issue. I am really perplexed as to why this is occurring as I own an identical laptop (Lenovo U530) with the same OS, Win 10 Pro and they both have the same updates on DirectX as well as all Intel Graphic drivers and this laptop does not do this. In, fact I have never had this happen once to me one that laptop, only my main one in question. For the longest time I thought it was Nvidia drivers giving me trouble but I am glad I checked BlueScreenView to help clear the air on that.

Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI [​IMG]

Attached is a snippet from BlueScreenView of the three drivers.

I really appreciate the help as always! Everyone has always been very helpful on here as well as back on SevenForums! Thank you in advance!

:)

ben946210, Jul 9, 2018
  2. berxue Win User

BSOD when pluging in a HDMI cabel (Windows 10 | Intel HD 620 | Lenovo T470)

That's the thing I don't need to run anything on the user side.

If the HDMI cable is pluged in I already get the BSOD during boot (i.e. before login screen)

If Windows is running I get the BSOD as soon as I plug in the cable.

If I unistall Intel graphics driver and just use the windows driver no BSOD happen.

berxue, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI

Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI

1. Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics DirectX

2. DirectX Graphics Kernel BSOD dxgkrnl.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Graphics Kernel BSOD dxgkrnl.sys: I have been having a BSOD problem with my laptop recently. From the BlueScreenView Log shows:A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: dxgkrnl.sys If this is the first...
  3. DirectX Graphics Kernel BSOD dxgkrnl.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX Graphics Kernel BSOD dxgkrnl.sys: I have been having a BSOD problem with my laptop recently. From the BlueScreenView Log shows:A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: dxgkrnl.sys If this is the first...
  4. Intel HD 620 Graphics No HDMI Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD 620 Graphics No HDMI Input: I have a Gigabyte brix gb-bri7h-8550 i7 barebone system with the Intel HD 620 integrated graphics. It was happily using extended display using HDMI and display port for over a year then one day the extended display stopped working. Now the monitor on HDMI port will not...
  5. Intel HD 620 Graphics No HDMI Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel HD 620 Graphics No HDMI Input: I have a Gigabyte brix gb-bri7h-8550 i7 barebone system with the Intel HD 620 integrated graphics. It was happily using extended display using HDMI and display port for over a year then one day the extended display stopped working. Now the monitor on HDMI port will not...
  6. Intel HD 620 Graphics No HDMI Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No Boot W/ HDMI??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Boot W/ HDMI??: hi all. whilst looking into stuff about my other power-off issues, i decided to change my monitor cable to an HDMI as i ended up w/ one spare. plugged it all in, checked my power leads etc etc, pressed the case button - nothing. at all. power off, recheck etc etc, retry -...
  8. No Boot W/ HDMI??

in Windows 10 Support
    No Boot W/ HDMI??: hi all. whilst looking into stuff about my other power-off issues, i decided to change my monitor cable to an HDMI as i ended up w/ one spare. plugged it all in, checked my power leads etc etc, pressed the case button - nothing. at all. power off, recheck etc etc, retry -...
  9. Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Graphics and DirectX causing BSOD At Boot W/ HDMI: Hi guy! So, whenever I restart my Lenvo laptop or even resume from sleep as long as the HDMI is connected to my TV or any display, it will BSOD on me. I have narrowed it down to the these three drivers causing the issue. I am really perplexed as to why this is occurring as I...
  10. Intel HD Graphics HDMI Output not working.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics HDMI Output not working.: I've tried multiple times to get my laptop to output signal to my TV via HDMI. All I get is No Signal. Anyone help? I've looked through all forums, updated my drivers, reinstalled drivers, brought new HDMI cables. System info: Model: Acer ES1-512 Graphics: Intel HD...