Windows 10: Intel Graphics getting error, can't update/install new drivers

Discus and support Intel Graphics getting error, can't update/install new drivers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello guys, Recently my laptop (Asus X550L, Windows 10) was getting an annoying error on my Intel graphics. It will hang up a bit then display a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hristcroix, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Intel Graphics getting error, can't update/install new drivers

Hello guys,

Recently my laptop (Asus X550L, Windows 10) was getting an annoying error on my Intel graphics. It will hang up a bit then display a prompt that my "graphic stopped working and was recovered." It happens when I'm playing some videos on Youtube or playing games. I also notice that the applications I setup to run on my GT840m won't run on it, instead, it will use the onboard graphics.

Below are the things I tried:
    1. Update my intel driver using windows update. After download and installation, on the end, it says, "illegal operation attempted on a registry key marked for deletion". Also tried downloading driver on their website but it also fails to install.
    2. Removed the driver then tried to re-install it using windows update and downloaded driver. Same happens above. But now the working graphics is my discrete (GT 840M).
    3. I also tried to update/re-install the driver on Safe Mode, same result.
    4. Tried to look some answers regarding the error on no. 1 in connection with driver installations but I did not find anything on the internet.

Here are my basic laptop specs:
    Intel i7-4500u
    Intel Graphics Display 4400
    Nvidia GeForce 840M
    8Gb Ram

I'm out of ideas so I'm hoping that anyone can help me here. Thanks!

:)

hristcroix, Dec 30, 2015

2. How to stop install Intel Graphic HD?

I am using a desktop with Intel Graphic HD. Yesterday, I bought new video graphics card (NVIDIA GT 730). I have already uninstall driver Intel Graphic HD (Onboard) and disable this VGA. I install GT 730 driver and click install update from windows. After
    update and reboot my PC. I can't access the windows because the file igdkmd64.sys (It from Intel Graphic Driver). Windows update had installed Intel Graphic driver but I don't want it update. Please tell me how to stop update this driver.

Thanh VinhNguyen, Dec 30, 2015
  3. How do you prevent Windows 10 Pro from installing an in correct Intel graphics driver over and over again?

I use the graphics provided by the Intel i7 Haswell CPU. Windows 10 keeps installing Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. This is an incorrect
    driver according to Intel. I get an error message that the driver stopped and then restarted . This will go on for days until I use Intel's Driver update utility. I reboot and the problem stops. Then Windows 10 updates with the incorrect driver again.
    Again the error starts. I let it go for awhile. But then I use the Intel driver update utility and the problem is gone.

Then KB3103688 comes along and I hope this is the end of it. But right behind it is Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. I stop all updates.
    How do I get out of this problem????? No more hiding unwanted updates as in the past. Deleting it after the install will only cause it to come back. HELP

OldMusicLI, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Intel Graphics getting error, can't update/install new drivers

1. Intel Graphics getting error, can't update/install new drivers - Similar Threads - Intel Graphics getting

2. Fix Installation Failed error in Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Installation Failed error in Intel Graphics Driver: [IMG]This post will show you how to fix the Installation Failed error in Intel Graphics Driver. The error usually occurs when updating and installing Intel drivers. The complete error message reads: Installation failed when Installing Intel Graphics Driver OR Installation...
  3. Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver install error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver install error: Does anyone know what this means? What are the further steps to take. Zoom and sometime YouTube videos hang the video Thanks in advance for your assistance Device Manager Graphics section General tab says "This device is working properly" But the Events Tab Information...
  4. Intel Graphics Installation Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel Graphics Installation Error: Hello! I have this problem for a long time and now I reinstalled my Windows 10 and I need my Intel Graphics Driver, but when I try to run the setup it says "This computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing this software". I am running on a gtx 1060 6gb...
  5. Can't update Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't update Intel Graphics: My version: Windows 10 pro x64 1909 (OS build 18363.959) I am trying to install the latest version of the Intel Graphics Driver for 3rd gen version 15.33.50.5129 (I have i7-3770k). I have one 38 inch, curved monitor, LG 38UC99-W that is connected to a NVIDIA card (GTX660)....
  6. can't install driver Intel HD graphic

can't install driver Intel HD graphic: i uses 1 laptop panasonic Cf-LX5. the driver is not working and now it's used "Microsoft basic display adapter". i can't not install driver Intell HD graphic 520 for it : [ATTACH]...
  7. Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSoD when installing Intel Graphics Driver: I'm getting a BSoD on Windows 10 when I'm trying to install Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600. The first BSoD error happened in the middle of the installation with the error: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP I rebooted and tried again. Lauched the installation, it worked...
  8. unable to install intel graphic driver

unable to install intel graphic driver: im getting the error " your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to install this software " while installing the display driver [ATTACH] can you please tell me why im getting the error ? ,in the device manager --> display drivers i cannot see the...
  9. Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing: Running win 10 home 1809 os build 17763.529 When trying to update my Intel graphics card to the latest through the Intel Driver and Support assistant I am met when trying to install it with the message "this driver is not supported" any solutions out there please? Intel...
  10. Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing

Latest Intel Graphics Drivers not installing: Running win 10 home 1809 os build 17763.529 When trying to update my Intel graphics card to the latest through the Intel Driver and Support assistant I am met when trying to install it with the message "this driver is not supported" any solutions out there please? Intel...