Windows 10: Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off

Discus and support Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My config: Intel Core i5 6500 with Intel HD 530 Gigabyte H170 Motherboard AMD Radeon R9 380 Windows 10 ver.1511 with all latest drivers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mikhailmv, Feb 17, 2016.

1. mikhailmv Win User

Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off

My config:
    Intel Core i5 6500 with Intel HD 530
    Gigabyte H170 Motherboard
    AMD Radeon R9 380

Windows 10 ver.1511 with all latest drivers are installed.

A regular ASUS Monitor is connected through DVI to AMD Radeon Graphics Card and is set as the primary monitor
    An HDTV Sharp is connected through HDMI to internal Intel HD 530 and is set as the secondary extended monitor

If I turn off the TV the following happens:
    1. The Settings-System-Display shows only one (primary) monitor. The secondary monitor is not detected
    2. Windows that were opened on the secondary screen are moved to the primary screen. They stay on the primary screen when the TV is turned back on.
    3. Icons on the primary screen desktop are moved from the far left to the far right of the desktop. Icons are moved back when the TV is turned bank on.

This is definitely not the expected behavior.
    Here is how it worked on my old desktop:
    Intel E8400
    Gigabyte Motherboard
    AMD Radeon 6800
    Windows 7

The monitor was connected through the DVI to the AMD Radeon
    The HDTV was connected through the HDMI to the AMD Radeon

If I turned off the TV nothing was rearranged. Windows opened of the secondary screen did not move to the primary. They stayed on the secondary screen when the TV was turned back on. The icons on the desktop were not moved.

Any ideas?

P.S. If I connect the TV to AMD Radeon instead of Intel HD the behavior returns to normal.
    So the question is: Is there any way to force Intel HD to keep detection of the TV even if the TV is off?

:)

mikhailmv, Feb 17, 2016
  2. papaaxel Win User

Windows are resized and moved to upper left corner when Displayport is used and the monitor wakes up from switch off state

I use Intels HD Graphics 530 from the i5-6500 CPU. The 32" Monitor is connected via DisplaPort. When i switch off the monitor the Windows are resized and moved to the upper left Corner when the monitor isswitched on again. This issue does not occur when
    I use HDMI for the monitor.

papaaxel, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Second monitor isn't detected

Hello,

For about half a year, I've been using Samsung TV as the second monitor, connected to PC via DVI-HDMI cable. However, about a week ago (I suppose that it has happened after Windows updating) Windows stopped detecting the second monitor. Intel HD Graphics
    panel in the Multiple Display tab offers only 'Single Display' option.

My processor is Intel Core i5 4460 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 subsystem.

Can anybody help?

Ігор Спекторський, Feb 17, 2016
  4. Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off

Can you connect both the TV and the monitor to the AMD card. And then check ?

tanujchadha, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off

1. Intel HD 530 looses second monitor when TV is off - Similar Threads - Intel 530 looses

2. Loosing sound when I click on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loosing sound when I click on second monitor: Hello! I’m using two monitors via hdmi on my pc. One monitor is for gaming the other is for discord, Spotify ect.When I’m playing a game and move my mouse to the second screen and click on it I loose my game sound. How can I fix this?Thankyou!...
  3. Loosing sound when I click on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loosing sound when I click on second monitor: Hello! I’m using two monitors via hdmi on my pc. One monitor is for gaming the other is for discord, Spotify ect.When I’m playing a game and move my mouse to the second screen and click on it I loose my game sound. How can I fix this?Thankyou!...
  4. Intel HD graphics 530 Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD graphics 530 Driver: I updated the driver for Intel HD graphics 530 Driver to a 2018 version from a 2017 version. I needed to do this for Adobe Premiere to work properly. After I install it everything is fine for maybe a day, then the next day I try to run Premiere again and it tells me to update...
  5. Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.

Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.: I updated my video driver because The new Adobe premiere said I had to to operate properly. I updated the driver, and then Adobe Premiere run fine. I went to open Premiere again I got the message again to update my driver. I checked the properties and the driver automatically...
  6. Is Intel HD graphic 530 a low end card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is Intel HD graphic 530 a low end card?: My computer has build in intel HD graphic 530 and my game stutters when I goto town where there are alot of players. The game I play is called Ragnarok online. I been playing for over 15 years now. The game ran very smoothly on my Pentium 4 1.5GHz with 512MB of ram 15 years...
  7. Troubleshooting my intel HD graphics 530

Troubleshooting my intel HD graphics 530: Everything was working just fine until i installed the new corsair keyboard update software and then my monitor that is hooked up to the intel card stopped working after reboot. I have since then removed the corsair software and have also reinstalled the Geforce GPU drivers...
  8. Monitor flickering when TV is off

Monitor flickering when TV is off: Hi everybody, I have a problem of monitor flickering, I searched for hours and didn't find any solution, if somemone has one, it will be wonderfull. First, this is my setup : - GTX 980 with 1 DVI, 3 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI - GTX 980 connected to monitor ROG PG279Q via...
  9. Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date?

Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date?: During a forum discussion elsewhere about video performance a puzzle has arisen. A friend has a brand new i5-6600K, Win 10, with Intel's own HD 530 Graphics, at driver version 21.20.16.4590. My i7-6700K, Win 10 (bought April 2016), also with 530 graphics, has version...
  10. Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems

Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems: After installed Intel hd graphic 530 , laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , already did reinstalled the driver but no luck , plz help 47822