Windows 10: Intel HD Video driver will not install

Discus and support Intel HD Video driver will not install in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am/was having a BSOD when using my Alienware laptop on battery power. I posted about that in the BSOD thread and they recommended that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Snarkypuss, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Intel HD Video driver will not install

Hey guys, I am/was having a BSOD when using my Alienware laptop on battery power. I posted about that in the BSOD thread and they recommended that I use an uninstaller for my nvidia video driver and reinstall the new driver clean, so I did.

After the reinstall there weren't anymore bluescreens but I noticed my screen "dim" option was darkened out when I clicked on my power icon (on my tool bar). The option is also missing from my power options menu. So I googled that problem and it said to reinstall my intel video driver... I then download the new/updated driver from the Dell site by entering my model number, etc, and tried installing it but it keeps saying that my computer does not meet the requirements to install the driver. There seems to be issues with installing intel graphics drivers and its pretty wide spread...

I tried several different techniques for installing the driver, including trying to unzip the file and "update" my driver from device manager. In device manager there is no intel graphics driver listed under display adapters for me to click on and update.

So... any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated.

I did find this here(but its for windows 8 and not completely relevant to my situation):
    Cannot Install Intel HD Graphics on Windows Tec... | Intel Communities

:)

Snarkypuss, Mar 25, 2016

2. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 not working

Since you still did not provide your Intel driver version in device mgr. I can tell you that I have ASUS laptop that uses

Intel HD 4000 video adapter.

When I do clean install Windows 10 OS whether is public or preview build the initial video adapter is Microsoft HD adapter. If I am online after an about hour or so, Intel HD driver will install.

I am currently using that Intel Driver from initial install. But if I was to go device mgr-video adapter and click update driver another Intel HD driver will install.

So as far I know Microsoft has approved two Intel drivers to use with new Windows 10 OS. My original Windows OS was Windows 8 when I bought it.

Here are the two Intel drivers:

Clean install version:

Driver Version: 15.33.42.4358

(Driver # used at Intel Download site)

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4358
    (Driver # used in Device Mgr)

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3154

Update Version:

Driver Version: 15.33.43.4425

(Driver # used at Intel Download site)

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4425
    (Driver # used in Device Mgr)

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3154

Both of these Intel HD 4000 drivers are available for download at Intel Product Support site:

Support for Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Jmarco0921, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus - after windows 10 installation - screen keeps flashing - unusable

From my experience:

I upgraded to windows 10 Home from activated Windows 8.1 Home (clean install from dvd license). After Windows 10 became activated I used Rufus usb and Windows 10 ISO from Media Tool to clean install Windows 10. (deleted all partitions). When I opened Windows
    10 new install I had Microsoft HD video and audio drivers. My purchased ASUS K55-A came with Intel HD 4000 graphic and Realtek audio drivers installed. Now I had done clean installs of Windows 10 preview builds since Oct. 2014 so I knew that updates through
    Settings would replace my Microsoft video and audio HD drivers with most current drivers from Intel & Realtek. But Settings update for Intel 4000 graphic driver before had always left off complimentary Intel audio driver. So I downloaded and installed the
    latest Intel driver package for HD 4000. Then I let Settings-update do the Realtek update for audio. I went to device mgr and checked for updates for video & audio. Nothing to get.

What I'm trying to say is Windows 10 lets motherboard mfg video & audio drivers replace Microsoft HD video and audio drivers with most current approved drivers.

Jmarco0921, Mar 25, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Intel HD Video driver will not install

Try this. Right click the Windows flag and select Device manager, select display adapters and expand that. Please tell me what is listed.

essenbe, Mar 26, 2016
Thema:

Intel HD Video driver will not install

1. Intel HD Video driver will not install - Similar Threads - Intel Video driver

2. Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver install error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics 5000 driver install error: Does anyone know what this means? What are the further steps to take. Zoom and sometime YouTube videos hang the video Thanks in advance for your assistance Device Manager Graphics section General tab says "This device is working properly" But the Events Tab Information...
  3. Intel HD graphics driver 5500?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel HD graphics driver 5500?: Got updated with windows 10 The Intel graphics driver has a new command center which was downloaded from ms store now I'm completely unable to fix the saturation and hue of my laptop It's asus x454l core i3 5th gen Please help me how do I set the color of my laptop It's way...
  4. Intel HD Graphics driver problem

Intel HD Graphics driver problem: My laptop isn't connected to any display, but it still getting connecting and disconnectingto unknown VGA monitor which i have seen from PC settings with display flickering and usb sound, this problem goes away when i disable intel hd graphics driver from device manager, and...
  5. can't install driver Intel HD graphic

can't install driver Intel HD graphic: i uses 1 laptop panasonic Cf-LX5. the driver is not working and now it's used "Microsoft basic display adapter". i can't not install driver Intell HD graphic 520 for it : [ATTACH]...
  6. Intel hd graphic driver

Intel hd graphic driver: my laptop is running a corei5 m460 cpu it came preinstalled with windows 7 so i upgraded to windows 10 but i faced a problem i tried looking for the graphic driver using the internet search function in device manger but it just says the best driver is allready installed (...
  7. Intel HD Audio Driver Failure

Intel HD Audio Driver Failure: Hello all, So I ran across an issue that haven't been able to find a fix for. Recently, my mother bought a new laptop (HP Spectre x360 Convertable 13-ae011dx series), this was to replace a slightly older HP Spectre model that she has. To save time, we took the M.2 Drive out...
  8. Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver not installing correctly.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver not installing correctly.: The newest release of this driver is version 15.40.10.64.4300. After installing, my computer restarts and everything is fine. My problem occurs after a couple of days (I think it is caused when I switch power plans or unplug laptop) the power saving technology in the Intel...
  9. Intel HD Graphics driver not able to install

Intel HD Graphics driver not able to install: I upgraded both my desktop and laptop to Windows 10 recently. The desktop's upgrade went smoothly; NVIDIA already has Windows 10-compatible drivers. However, my laptop with Intel HD Graphics is a different story. I've tried the Dell-certified drivers as well as the latest...
  10. intel hd graphics driver

intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...