Windows 10: Intel i7 3700k Cores and Windows 10 Issue

Discus and support Intel i7 3700k Cores and Windows 10 Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has an issue similar to mine or know what is wrong. I have an i7 processor 3770k 4 cores and 8 threads. Whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntJac, Feb 13, 2016.

1. AntJac Win User

Intel i7 3700k Cores and Windows 10 Issue

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has an issue similar to mine or know what is wrong. I have an i7 processor 3770k 4 cores and 8 threads.

Whenever I use a certain program to convert files )using ConvertX), after the program has closed down Windows will sort of become unresponsive for a few seconds. It doesn't happen ALL the time but enough to become somewhat of an issue. For example, today I used the program and after everything converted as normal , I noticed the taskbar wouldn't open and my cursor had changed to the blue circle. I pressed windows key on my keyboard and it jolted back into life. I have noticed in the Encoding settings for the program it says Maximum number of codes to be used 8. I wonder if its possibly using all the cores and if I should try to bring the maximum down to 2 or 3? I'm a bit unsure on processors to be honest but any advice etc would be fantastic. Many thanks

:)

AntJac, Feb 13, 2016

2. Error when upgrading to Windows 10: 0xC1900101 – 0x40017

I am also having this problem on one specific system:

Asus P8Z77-Deluxe motherboard

Intel Core i7-3700K CPU (Intel HD4000) graphics

NVidia 450GT graphics

I have successfully upgraded to Win10 on several other systems, but not this one. Initially I was getting a variety of errors (all prevented the upgrade from completing), but once I disabled the integrated graphics completely, it converged on this error.

I have done many of the steps suggested without luck. I do have the logs and the MSINFO32 data. Please contact me to get these logs.

Steve L-132, Feb 13, 2016
  3. manojrao Win User
    when intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows® 10 32-bit update will be released by microsoft, intel assure that will be done by microsoft??

Intel® HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 32-bit (N-Series)

(Which file should I download?) Available Downloads

htt://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Detailed Description

An Intel Graphics Beta driver for Windows*10 can be found in Windows Update. Please run Windows Update from within Windows or visit Microsoft’s
    Windows Update Web site.

Windows Update is included in the Windows Control Panel. To check for updates within Windows, Click the
    Start button, click All Programs, and then click
    Windows Update.

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.

manojrao, Feb 13, 2016
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

It seems something to do with HW, RAM or power supply, did you make changes in BIOS, my processor is a 3700 and using fo PC for photo editing and some video editing/conversion, never had a problem, everything works fine

5. AntJac Win User
    Nope no changes in BIOS. Everything else works fine and had no BSODs etc.

AntJac, Feb 13, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    If the program monopolizes all the cores, then there is nothing left for the OS. Give the OS at least 2 cores.

7. AntJac Win User
    Ahh I see. Many thanks I will try that. I have 8 threads and 4 cores. As per settings in ConvertX it is at Maximum 8. I will drop it to 2 and see if that helps

AntJac, Feb 13, 2016
  8. AntJac Win User

Seems weird this. I did a few tests after reducing the cores down to 4. A 700mb file burned to disc/converted fine. Four lots of files them were converted and burned to one disc fine. But the second lot, although everything converted and burned as it should, immediately after closing the program down , I tried to open Reliability Monitor but it when I clicked it nothing happened. I clicked it again and still nothing. I pressed windows key on my keyboard and it shot back to life and I got a explorer hang error.

Bit of a slight pain as everything else is working fine.

AntJac, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel i7 3700k Cores and Windows 10 Issue - Similar Threads - Intel 3700k Cores

2. Does Windows for Workstations supports Intel Core I7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows for Workstations supports Intel Core I7?: Hello,I would like to know if Windows for Workstations supports Intel Core I7? Is there a specific HCL for Windows for Workstations?Best Regards...
  3. Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor: I am running a Dell Precision 7720 with an Intel i7-7920HQ @3.10GHz. Running the PC Health for Windows upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 says everything is fine to upgrade except the processor however, when looking at Microsoft Windows support processors for upgrade...
  4. Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor: I am running a Dell Precision 7720 with an Intel i7-7920HQ @3.10GHz. Running the PC Health for Windows upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 says everything is fine to upgrade except the processor however, when looking at Microsoft Windows support processors for upgrade...
  5. Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Intel®Core™i7-6500U

Intel®Core™i7-6500U: Windows 7 and earlier editions Supported Intel Processorshttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-7-supported-intel-processorsIntel®Core™i7-6500U is listed among the compatible processors, but the Health Check says that it is not...
  7. Cpu I7 intel core 6500u

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu I7 intel core 6500u: i ran the program to see if my lenovo is eligible to upgrade but the verification program says its not because of my above mentioned cpu. I checked the list of eligible cpu's and mine is listed as good. Please explain if you can to me what i am missing...
  8. Cpu I7 intel core 6500u

Cpu I7 intel core 6500u: i ran the program to see if my lenovo is eligible to upgrade but the verification program says its not because of my above mentioned cpu. I checked the list of eligible cpu's and mine is listed as good. Please explain if you can to me what i am missing...
  9. Cpu I7 intel core 6500u

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 11 Compatibility - Intel Core i7-7500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Compatibility - Intel Core i7-7500: Hi Team - I have a DELL Laptop with i7-7500 CPU. This is not compatible to upgrade to Windows 11. Any idea if DELL has plans to make the upgrade applicable to other processors which are currently not supported?Thanks,PS...