Windows 10: INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives

Discus and support INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Can anyone assist me please? I recent problem I have is this: after a sleep period of more than a day- ie: leave at night, come back the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by libirm, Oct 8, 2016.

1. libirm Win User

INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives

Hello
    Can anyone assist me please?
    I recent problem I have is this: after a sleep period of more than a day- ie: leave at night, come back the next day and wake it up,
    I often lose one of my data drives (I have 2)- never both- and the drive comes back after a reboot.

WIN10 is up to date- and I believe my drivers are as well-

There must something I am overlooking-
    Thanks
    PB

:)

libirm, Oct 8, 2016
  2. libirm Win User
    libirm, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Lance G Win User
    Will I lose my recovery partition?

Here's my Laptop Specs: Dell Inspiron N7110

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7

Processor Count: 4

RAM: 4010 Mb

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1813 Mb

Hard Drives: C: Total - 461837 MB, Free - 410288 MB;

Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0YH79Y

Will I lose access to my recovery partition if I upgrade my laptop to Windows 10?

Lance G, Oct 8, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Try disabling Link Power Management in your Power Scheme Options Or/And the Intel RST software if you use it and that option is still available ?

Or turn off HDD Hibernation in your Power Scheme Options

You have given not system specs etc ,so pretty hard to say what the issue is or if there are known issues.

KB.

Kbird, Oct 9, 2016
  5. libirm Win User
    Kbird-
    Thanks for the help- I will adjust as per your suggestions
    Here is my system- not a store bought but custom build.

INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives [​IMG]

libirm, Oct 9, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    It is the only thing I can thing of off hand , i had this issue a couple of years ago....

INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives [​IMG]

Kbird, Oct 9, 2016
  7. libirm Win User
    Kbird-

Thanks- will make the change- and let you know-

libirm, Oct 10, 2016
  8. libirm Win User

Had to update my Bios-

So far in day 2 all looks well!

libirm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. INTEL MB DZ68BC loses data drives - Similar Threads - INTEL DZ68BC loses

2. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool →...
  3. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool →...
  4. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding a Drive to Storage Spaces Without Losing Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding a Drive to Storage Spaces Without Losing Data: Currently I backup my PC to an 8TB disk using Windows 10 backup. The drive is almost full so using Storage Spaces, I would like to add a new 8 TB drive for a total of 16 TB without losing any data byFirst create a new Storage Space on a new blank 8TB driveCopy the current 8...
  6. losing my data

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    losing my data: I had a account in my laptop but I signed out and the same account signed me in. After signing in a message pops up saying we couldn't sign in to your account and my data in that account has also vanished...
  7. Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data

in Windows 10 Support
    Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data: After windows 10 last update my windows was corrupted and I could not find a fix. After hours of research and trying to find a way to fix my problem I decided reinstalling windows was the way to go. I have two internal drives. Drive C and Drive D. My drive C works fine and...
  8. losing data on usb

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    losing data on usb: Questions Hello I am experiencing intermittent loss of word files on my USB I presume it is virus related. What symptoms do my computers have? They are a succession of laptops they were loaded with XP but had probs so I installed windows 7… I bought the copy...
  9. Allocate Hard Drive without Losing Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocate Hard Drive without Losing Data?: Long story short: - I bought two 12 TB WD external USB 3.0 hard drives. My plan was to back up all my data to one, and mirror that back up to another. I have been researching hard drive mirroring software. We'll call them "Main External" and "Back Up." - In the mean time, I...
  10. Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel DX58SO MB & Win 10: Has anyone upgraded their Intel DX58SO system to Win 10? If so, are there any issues? Intel hasn't, and likely won't, update the 5 Series drivers for the new OS. The latest available on the Intel Download Center are Win 7 drivers. I'm concerned about compatibility and...