Windows 10: Intel NIC Windows 10 drivers - Windows keeps overwriting w/MS drivers

Discus and support Intel NIC Windows 10 drivers - Windows keeps overwriting w/MS drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We recently updated our computers at the radio station I work at; we also transitioned to an audio over iP console system that utilizes software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RAZ1973, Jun 1, 2017.

1. RAZ1973 Win User

Intel NIC Windows 10 drivers - Windows keeps overwriting w/MS drivers

We recently updated our computers at the radio station I work at; we also transitioned to an audio over iP console system that utilizes software instead of physical sound cards for audio. This system (called LiveWire) uses a separate NIC card on each machine for the network.

The manufacturer strongly recommended we use an Intel NIC card, which we did (model EXPI9301CTBLK). However, no matter what I do, I cannot get the Intel drivers installed. I can install them, but Windows immediately overwrites them with the generic Windows drivers.

This is causing all sorts of problems with our real-time audio.

Does anyone know how to install a NIC driver in Windows 10 and NOT have Windows overwrite the driver with the MS driver???

Thanks

:)

RAZ1973, Jun 1, 2017
  2. AlokeP Win User

Can I use Windows 10 ISO to upgrade my Win 7 system?

Got it.

Whats your advice on using the media to do a 1st time upgrade (from Windows GUI) when MS thinks that I have an unsupported NIC? I have given the details in the original post.

Intel has the Win 10 drivers .. so should I proceed w the upgrade using the media and supply the NIC drivers manually when needed?

AlokeP, Jun 1, 2017
  3. AlokeP Win User
    Force a re-scan of my system by "Get Windows 10" applet?

My system is currently deemed "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10" because "There are no supported networking devices".

I have updated to the latest NIC drivers from my motherboard manufacturer and the NIC manufacturer (Intel), bith claiming Win 10 compatibility.

My system was last scanned by "Get Windows 10" on Aug 6. How can I make it scan my system to re-check for compatibility?

Thanks.

Aloke Prasad

PS: I know I should be patient and wait for MS to update its database of compatibility after working w Intel etc etc. but I am not a pattient man. I need this NOW !!! Intel NIC Windows 10 drivers - Windows keeps overwriting w/MS drivers :)

PPS: Intel thinks its drivers are compatible See Downloads for Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V

AlokeP, Jun 1, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jun 1, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    For clarity, if you're running Windows version 1703, you'll need to follow the steps in Option 3 of the tutorial above. Be aware you're need to be running at least Pro.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel NIC Windows 10 drivers - Windows keeps overwriting w/MS drivers - Similar Threads - Intel NIC drivers

2. Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC: i got an ASUS dual-band wireless USB adapter, and when i plugged it in, it couldn't find the driver reqd. Win7 attempts to find said driver in the Windows updates, but couldn't find it. i googled it and found a zip file for download. how do i make Win7 to use it?...
  3. Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 driver for 802.11n NIC: i got an ASUS dual-band wireless USB adapter, and when i plugged it in, it couldn't find the driver reqd. Win7 attempts to find said driver in the Windows updates, but couldn't find it. i googled it and found a zip file for download. how do i make Win7 to use it?...
  4. Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated: Ok Team this is a challenge. I have Window Server installed on a MAC, and it has a Firewire Controller. I can get remote Drives working in Target Disk Mode, But I cant get it to run a Network Interface like on MACOS. I have the driver installer as Legacy Interface 1394 IEEE,...
  5. Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewire NIC Drivers NotDiskRelated: Ok Team this is a challenge. I have Window Server installed on a MAC, and it has a Firewire Controller. I can get remote Drives working in Target Disk Mode, But I cant get it to run a Network Interface like on MACOS. I have the driver installer as Legacy Interface 1394 IEEE,...
  6. VLAN Intel Nic on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLAN Intel Nic on Windows 10: Trying to set up a vlan on the nic card on my windows 10 pc. Does anyone know how to do this in an easy way? Looking for the most helpful way I can go about this, and guides if you know of any. I'm confused about this step: 5.3 Within the Command prompt, go to APPS >...
  7. Windows update keeps overwriting AMD drivers with an older version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update keeps overwriting AMD drivers with an older version.: I have a laptop with Ryzen 3550 H with Vega Graphics. I updated my drivers to the latest version i.e. 20.9.1 but windows updates keeps reverting it back to a version from 2019. Then I get an error saying the versions don't match. What should I do. It's pretty frustrating. I'm...
  8. Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Windows 10 from overwriting drivers.: Hello friends, I have a small problem. I have a Hp 250 g4 with windows 10 1809 and everything works flawlessly excepting the audio driver. The driver that windows ships works great and the sound coming from the laptop is decent on the speakers and good on the audio jack. The...
  9. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing: I have an ASUS P9X79pro with Win 10 ultimate? that was upgraded from Win 8. I have a multi boot system with old versions like Win 7, Win 8, etc. I have been noticing that my Giga network will sometime reset from 1000 to 100 so decided to upgrade the drive to the Win 10,...
  10. 'Wrong' Nic Card driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Wrong' Nic Card driver: Hi Guys I'm not sure what to do about this, whether to leave it as is and use the driver Windows thinks I should use or some how use the driver for the nic card I actually bought. The manufacturer appears not to have a Windows 10 driver and the one listed on their...