Windows 10: Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A

Discus and support Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to get Intel's Rapid start technology working for quite a while now -- I've downloaded all of the drivgers for my motherboard and etc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by harryoui, Jul 4, 2016.

1. harryoui Win User

Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A

I've been trying to get Intel's Rapid start technology working for quite a while now -- I've downloaded all of the drivgers for my motherboard and etc, but I can't install the rapid start software because it tells me that "This Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".

At first I thought it was that my 950 Pro was not partition properly, but I've now followed Intel's instructions and created a 'Hibernate' or whatever partition for it, but that doesn't work. I've also currently got 16GB of storage unallocated on the SSD which is double the amount of RAM I currently have in my system because some people recommended unallocating some storage + a little bit extra.

Now that I've fiddled with that for quite a while, I double checked that it was enabled in the BIOS and found that it says "No Valid Partition" in the settings for Intel Rapid Start. I think this could possibly be due to the fact that I am using the 950 Pro through a PCI Adapter?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm really stuck and have been at this for hours.

I have followed the instructions at http://download.intel.com/support/mo...r_uefi_v13.pdf

:)

harryoui, Jul 4, 2016
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

NTOSKRNL.EXE

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys

iaStorA.sys:
    https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

Please update your Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver from ASUSTeK,

Z97-E/USB3.1 Driver & Tools

Z97-E/USB3.1 Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

OR From INTEL

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Read me.txt

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25165/eng/F6flpy_ReadMe.txt

XP ROCKS., Jul 4, 2016
  3. Windows 10 64 bit PRO - Intel Rapid Start issue

I have the same problem. It is caused by the Intel Rapid Start Technology driver.

mmorsy1981, Jul 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello harryoui,

Not sure if you are still looking for an answer?

There is a problem if you install the Intel Rapid Start technology before you create the partition. Reading your message it looks like this may be what you did. I would recommend uninstalling the Rapid start technology and then reinstalling so that it can detect the partition properly.

philc43, Jul 13, 2016
  5. vanowm Win User
    Anyone here ever got it working on NVM 950 pro in m.2 pcie slot?
    I'm getting the same error when attempting install rapid start driver. Partition is properly created (followed same instructions that I used on regular ssd which worked before NVM)

I've tried it on windows installed with BIOS boot and UEFI, both return the same error "This Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

Also worth mention, that in bios under rapid start options it always says that no partition found, even when rapid start worked!

Using Asrock Z97 Extreme6 and Windows 10 x64

vanowm, Aug 7, 2016
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    What options do you have in your bios for Fast Start or Rapid Start?

What do you think Rapid Start is supposed to do?

Does you system allow Hybrid sleep or Hibernation?

My system pops up in about 3 seconds from sleep. I suppose I don't really see a reason to use an older Intel technology.

Saltgrass, Aug 7, 2016
  7. vanowm Win User
    enable/disable and set delay at which rapid start kicks in.

It supposed to shut down the pc (well, almost) and when pc wakes up system restores to previous state in 2 seconds. Unlike hybrid sleep that you are using, it takes significantly less time for the computer to actually finish going to sleep (takes about 10 seconds on my computer with 32gb of ram) and in case of power loss while it's "off" it take significantly less time to boot and restore state compare to hybrid sleep/hibernation. And on top of that computer is practically off and uses much less power compare to normal sleep mode.

sure it does.

vanowm, Aug 7, 2016
  8. Saltgrass Win User

I would suggest you forget about the Intel software and move on. Those utilities were developed prior to Win 10 so it may be they are not relevant to the new OS.

Saltgrass, Aug 7, 2016
  9. TexasBandit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel Rapid Start Technology with 950 Pro and Z97-A - Similar Threads - Intel Rapid Start

2. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  3. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  4. Intel Rapid Start Technology greyed out in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Rapid Start Technology greyed out in BIOS.: In my BIOS I get the option of Intel Rapid Start Technology but, it is greyed out. I want to enable it but I can't. I don't have an administrator password. I noticed this option in BIOS on windows 10. Now I am on windows 11 but still the option is greyed out.My PC specs...
  5. Intel Rapid Start Technology greyed out in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Rapid Start Technology greyed out in BIOS.: In my BIOS I get the option of Intel Rapid Start Technology but, it is greyed out. I want to enable it but I can't. I don't have an administrator password. I noticed this option in BIOS on windows 10. Now I am on windows 11 but still the option is greyed out.My PC specs...
  6. Intel Rapid Storage Technology warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology warning: The warning 'your system is reporting one or more warnings, and data may be at risk' is being shown every time I turn on my Acer 5series. On opening the Intel RST and suppressing the SMART Event, the warning goes off, but comes back when I turn ON my system again....
  7. Intel Rapid Start Technology

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Rapid Start Technology: Hello to everyone. Can i turn off IRST from BIOS. What will give to me if I disable it? Will it affect to performance? I want clean install Windows 10 and use my 24GB SSD as a simple storage. My laptop is HP 17 EnvyJ015sr. There is no AHCI control mode on BIOS and I think...
  8. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.: Because of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, my (D:) drive is missing and become Recovery disk. I can't find my (D:) drive on my PC because of the array volume. How can I get my (D:) drive again?...
  9. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver: When i try to instal the driver from HP assistant it always fails to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/36432a2f-a9e6-467c-b7c8-13af2badac9f
  10. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629

Users found this page by searching for:

1. z97a sleep problem rapid start