Windows 10: Intel Rapid Storage driver issue

Discus and support Intel Rapid Storage driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thekelt, Oct 14, 2016.

1. thekelt Win User

Intel Rapid Storage driver issue

Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier this year from Win7 Pro 64. I use Driver Genius to scan my drivers for updates and I got a message back in May to update to Ver. 14.8.9.1053 dated 4/21/16, but it failed to load quoting error code 1603. I currently have Ver. 14.8.7.1051 from 03/0//2016.

From time to time I've retried with no success and going to the Intel site is no help as it lists a Ver. 8.5 (driver ver. 14.5.0.1081 from 6/03/15) which sounds like it hasn't been updated for a while.

Anyone else run into this or can suggest a solution? Thanks.

:)

thekelt, Oct 14, 2016

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the drivers are not updated properly.

I suggest to download the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from manufacturer’s website and install it.

Refer to the below link:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RAID) for Intel® NUC Kit D34010WY, D54250WY

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Cannot shutdown my Windows 10 PC?

I have found solution for my case by removing Intel rapid storage technology driver and using MS default Intel rapid storage technology driver.

Hien Nguyen Manh, Oct 14, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I removed mine months ago, and have seen no problems since. But I do run SSD's on my rig.

OldMike65, Oct 14, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    I have also Intel RST installed for Intel 8/C220.
    According official Intel Site last version is 14.8.0.1042 and that is the Driver that is currently installed on my System.
    So, I am wondering very much where from are coming those versions 14.8.7.1051 and 14.8.9.1053.
    Be warned, system will BSOD, you can not even start in Safe Mode it will also BSOD, if those Drivers do not load properly or are missing or corrupted or bad.
    Windows Update is good enough to also update Drivers. You even can "force" windows to search online for new "official" WQHL Drivers.
    As I think to see, the Drivers you have installed, are not official, not WQHL, may be Beta or even they are not made by Intel, and in that case you should be very careful with that. Those Drivers, are something people should not play around with.

Adalwar, Oct 14, 2016
  6. GalaxyGe Win User
    my tip is, move over to Fernando's Win-RAID Forum (Storage Drivers - BIOS Modding) and check for the recommended driver for your controller. Install those, and forget about it. [link fixed..]

Or leave as is, because, don't try to fix what's working.
    RST drivers are meant to be installed at the time of installation, so if you're system survived the upgrade from win 7 to ten you were really lucky. Otherwise, a clean install would be the way to go.

GalaxyGe, Oct 14, 2016
  7. thekelt Win User
    Thanks GalaxyGe. It has not been an issue, just bugs me because it won't clear. It may have been the problem came up because of the upgrade to Win10, but it didn't show right away. Will check out Winraid though. Cheers.

thekelt, Oct 14, 2016
  8. thekelt Win User

Thanks Mike. I currently have a 1 Tb SSD and 3 Tb SATA, so I need to keep the driver in place. All is fine the way it is, but it just bugs me and have been looking for a solution for 6 months. Cheers.

thekelt, Oct 14, 2016
  9. thekelt Win User
    Thanks Adalwar. As mentioned I use Driver Genius program for updating drivers, or occasionally do it manually. There are a number of these driver update programs but I'm not sure where they get their driver information. Either they download and keep their own dB of drivers or else they point to the official site and download directly from there. In any event, I've never had any major issues. In this case I went to Intel directly and didn't see those versions listed either. I don't HAVE to solve it, it just bugs me. Oh yeah, and when I run the Intel test program it says I'm up to date. I think I'm just going to delete all the Intel 8 driver packages in the Genius database so it doesn't show up as ready to install and see what happens. Cheers and thanks.

thekelt, Oct 15, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    The link for WinRaid above is incorrect it needs a - but here is a link to the "best" page , look in the table at the bottom of the 1st Post , then scroll up to the Spoiler link for the Driver you want or need.

http://www.win-raid.com/t25f23-Which...D-drivers.html

WinRaid gets most of it's Drivers off Station-Drivers here 15.2.0.1020 is latest BTW.

Kbird, Oct 15, 2016
  11. Kbird Win User
    If you removed the Intel Drivers , you may or may not be getting all the performance you can from your SSD.... as the Controller will be using the M$ builtin driver (2006?) instead on the main Controller too....

Kbird, Oct 15, 2016
  12. DooGie Win User
    Currently running version 15.2.0.1020 of the Intel RST driver with no problems at all.

DooGie, Oct 15, 2016
  13. Kbird Win User

Not working for me unfortunately on X99 Board , all drivers past 13 series see my HDD Raid Array as SSD's ..... still on 12.9.4.1000 here

KB

Kbird, Oct 15, 2016
  14. DooGie Win User
    Only running a single SSD and 2 WD Caviars in RAID 0 but as I said no problems at all with them.
    Running an old mobo MSI P67A GD-65.

Windows sees my RAID array as a SSD though.

DooGie, Oct 15, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    Yes it is not a problem for all but has been around for 2yrs since win8.1 according to the thread on Intel's Forums , nobody on WinRaid could help either , which surprised me.

Intel RST installation incorrectly sets hard dr... |Intel Communities
    or
    http://www.win-raid.com/t2257f23-Rai...on-Win-AU.html

***I see you edited above.....same issue as me , the 12.9.4.1000 work fine in Win10 and allow drives to be defragged etc.

KB

Kbird, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Intel Rapid Storage driver issue - Similar Threads - Intel Rapid Storage

2. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel rapid storage not working: how do i install windows when intel rapid storage is no working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-not-working/a78f503c-8543-46f5-8162-51708c2dffbf
  3. Intel rapid storage to ahci

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel rapid storage to ahci: Hi, and thanks in advance! I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question. I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb nvme in raid 0, and a 2tb hdd (dynamic disc). I want to get rid of intel ras, and upgrade one of the nvme to a 1tb nvme. The...
  4. How to update Intel Rapid Storage Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to update Intel Rapid Storage Driver?: Hello, I noticed a new version for the Intel Rapid Storage driver. I only install the config files through Device Manager. But which way is the best way to do this? Should I first remove the current version under IDE ATA/ATAPI-controllers in Device Manager or can I just use...
  5. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver: When i try to instal the driver from HP assistant it always fails to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/36432a2f-a9e6-467c-b7c8-13af2badac9f
  6. Intel Rapid Storage driver

Intel Rapid Storage driver: why won't the Intel Rapid Storage driver install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/intel-rapid-storage-driver/50e737b2-6bc0-453a-b5d9-a0472e268d3c
  7. Intel Storage Or rapid storage

Intel Storage Or rapid storage: Hi , I am having this issue after IRS just decided to merge both of my hard drives into one and creating a recovery thing on it , I believe its called array which is named by SATA_Array_0000 , my ssd is around 250 GB and the other harddrive is 1TB which is gone now ,...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 15.2.0.20?

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 15.2.0.20?: Is this only for Intel 6th/7th gen platforms? I'm still on 14.8.0.1042, unsure whether I update to this version... Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver 80393
  9. Asus F751LN Intel Rapid Storage driver issues.

Asus F751LN Intel Rapid Storage driver issues.: Hi guys, Got this laptop (Asus F751LN) and it has a 24GB SSD (and a separate 1TB HDD) which I assume is used for data caching. Problem is I looked quite a bit over various threads and forums and didn't found an answer to my question. And that would be "What do I need to...
  10. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629