Windows 10: Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade

Discus and support Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a Dell 15Z 5523 ultrabook. I've been using a 1TB HDD and 32GB mSata SSD for HDD caching. It was managed by Intel Rapid Storage Technology... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by imaddicted2u, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade

Have a Dell 15Z 5523 ultrabook. I've been using a 1TB HDD and 32GB mSata SSD for HDD caching. It was managed by Intel Rapid Storage Technology software. Worked great.
    I just cloned the 1TB drive to a Samsung 500GB SSD.
    MZ7KM480HAHP - Enterprise SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website
    It works fine. But now the IRST software is useless. So I uninstalled it but the drivers remain in use by Windows.
    The BIOS is currently set to use IRST. If I try to change to AHCI, a BIOS warning pops that says the system may become non-responsive.
    I don't want to get into trouble so I figured I'd seek some advice here, my question is:
    If I switch the BIOS to AHCI, will there be any advantage over the current IRST drivers or should I just leave it using the IRST drivers?
    Is there a specific procedure to follow make the change from IRST to AHCI that will ensure windows boots properly?
    Current benchmark:
    Dell Inspiron 5523 Performance Results - UserBenchmark
    TIA

:)

imaddicted2u, Oct 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 extremely slow to boot up

POSSIBLY SOLVED:

I had the same issue for like two weeks, tried everything i found on websites to increase boot speed, to no avail.

finally did clean install, and still the same problem

i have a dell inspiron 15z with a 500gb hdd and 32gb ssd

so i realized after clean installing windows 10 my intel rapid START was no longer installed. messed around a lot on the internet, and finally downloaded the intel rapid STORAGE for windows 10 from Downloads for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)
    under os choose windows 10 64bit or 32bit depending on your pc. made sure the intel Rapid STORAGE was seeing my ssd and was accelerated. restarted and booted up to desktop in NINE SECONDS!!!!! just to be ultra safe i also installed the intel rapid START
    from Download Intel® Rapid Start Technology (even tho it doesnt say for windows 10)

I guess windows wasnt booting from my ssd without intel rapid storage. works awesome now, can finally say i like windows 10 now

Hope this helps some of u Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade :)

ps im not very computer savvy, but i think this fix is for people with series 7 intel chipsets and above, and also a ssd

veneetgrewal, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 periodically freezes for 15-30 seconds

U should try Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver....

That was solved it for me (on SSD)

AdamMajoros, Oct 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade

dalchina, Oct 4, 2017
  5. Hi imaddicted2u

The IRST drivers are required for your device, that is the hardware installed.

I think you might be confusing, or maybe its me that is confused, drivers and BIOS controller mode, either AHCI or IRST. I think the IRST use to be labelled Raid (older gear) and you entered the Raid software as machine booted. Was chatting with one member and they implied the Raid set up is now within BIOS.

In your BIOS do you have a panel to control IRST? By control I mean which drives are in a raid, type of raid? I went to Dell, manual was miserable and had no real information except how to disassemble and reassemble.

Do you have a method for telling your 32GB mSata card is acting as a cache? Maybe a better question, where do you set up caching?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 4, 2017
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

These Intel RST drivers support AHCI mode as well. You can leave everything as is.
    Dell factory sets the SATA controller to RAID (IRST) if memory serves me correctly.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 6, 2017
  7. The IRST software used to cache the mechanical HDD and indicate it was doing so. Since the 500GB SSD is installed the IRST software has nothing to cache. When I first booted from the SSD, the IRST software complained that the cached drive no longer exists and offered to reset the 32GB, which I did. Now it's showing as an unformated drive.

I have IRST and AHCI settings for the SATA in BIOS. It's working fine on IRST so I guess I'll leave it there. I have a HDD caddy on order to replace the DVD drive with the 1TB mechanical drive, so I guess the ISRT could become useful again.

imaddicted2u, Oct 6, 2017
  8. Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade

imaddicted2u, Oct 6, 2017
  9. Thanks a bunch, I'll leave it alone.

imaddicted2u, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade

1. Intel rapid storage drivers after 500GB ssd upgrade - Similar Threads - Intel rapid storage

2. Intel rapid storage not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel rapid storage not working: how do i install windows when intel rapid storage is no working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-not-working/a78f503c-8543-46f5-8162-51708c2dffbf
  3. Intel rapid storage to ahci

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel rapid storage to ahci: Hi, and thanks in advance! I have to upgrade my storage, and I have found answers, but not for the whole question. I have a msi gt73, with 2256gb nvme in raid 0, and a 2tb hdd (dynamic disc). I want to get rid of intel ras, and upgrade one of the nvme to a 1tb nvme. The...
  4. How to update Intel Rapid Storage Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to update Intel Rapid Storage Driver?: Hello, I noticed a new version for the Intel Rapid Storage driver. I only install the config files through Device Manager. But which way is the best way to do this? Should I first remove the current version under IDE ATA/ATAPI-controllers in Device Manager or can I just use...
  5. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver: When i try to instal the driver from HP assistant it always fails to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver/36432a2f-a9e6-467c-b7c8-13af2badac9f
  6. Intel Rapid Storage driver

Intel Rapid Storage driver: why won't the Intel Rapid Storage driver install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/intel-rapid-storage-driver/50e737b2-6bc0-453a-b5d9-a0472e268d3c
  7. Intel Storage Or rapid storage

Intel Storage Or rapid storage: Hi , I am having this issue after IRS just decided to merge both of my hard drives into one and creating a recovery thing on it , I believe its called array which is named by SATA_Array_0000 , my ssd is around 250 GB and the other harddrive is 1TB which is gone now ,...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 15.2.0.20?

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 15.2.0.20?: Is this only for Intel 6th/7th gen platforms? I'm still on 14.8.0.1042, unsure whether I update to this version... Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver 80393
  9. Intel Rapid Storage driver issue

Intel Rapid Storage driver issue: Hi all, I've had an issue for some time with my Intel 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller. I'm running Win10 Pro 64 and updated earlier this year from Win7 Pro 64. I use Driver Genius to scan my drivers for updates and I got a message back in May to update to...
  10. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Drivers: For PCH5/6/7/8 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.4.1000 WHQL http://www.station-drivers.com/index...id=687&lang=en 22629