Windows 10: Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E)

Discus and support Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Back then, when I got my computer (Dell Pre-Configured), the SSD in it was configured to have the factory configured version of Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BrokenDaily, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E)

Back then, when I got my computer (Dell Pre-Configured), the SSD in it was configured to have the factory configured version of Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, so if my OS pear-shaped somehow, I could use the in-built "Create Recovery Drive" program to access and reinstall the pre-configured OS it came with; I have since then taken a Blu-Ray Blank disc, and burnt the recovery partition onto it, and then erased that recovery drive using Intel RST's built-in tools, so now my current goal is to set it as a functioning cache device, sorta like SSHD's but the ssd (30/29.9 GB) portion is separate

I've run into a problem; I updated the Intel RST Tools to its latest (from intel's download center), ensured that I installed the latest chipset software from dell, and dism, sfc, and chkdsk my C: drive to ensure no errors (none detected); I then followed the instructions from the pcworld link provided, and expected everything to work, but it keeps giving me the following error (see attachment)

Is there a way to set my SSD as a cache drive or should I just wait until my next computer?

:)

BrokenDaily, Jan 1, 2018
  2. MiquelColom, Jan 1, 2018
  3. MiquelColom, Jan 1, 2018
  4. doorules Win User

Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E)

Are you trying to use a partition on the drive for cache? Not sure if it can do that.

If the OS is already on an ssd, I would not bother with trying to use the caching function. Very limited if any gains to be had I would think.

doorules, Jan 1, 2018
  5. primarci Win User
    Hi,

it was the same problem for me....lot of hours to spend with the solution.

first - disable fast computer start (at energy options)
    second - disable rapid storage acceleration in RST (after this you will see the cache volume in device manager)
    third - make a little partition (~200Mb) on the END OF THE hard disk (not on the SSD)
    after this restart, then enable in RST hardware acceleration, and now it must be work : )

Intel RST version : 15.9.0.1015
    HP 650 G1

Regards,
    Marci

primarci, Jan 1, 2018
  6. the OS is installed on a regular 2 TB HDD, not an ssd nor a SSHD, a regular hard drive; my goal is to designate the ssd that USED to be the Win7-OS-Recovery-Drive as a cache drive, but it keeps giving me an error as stated above; I will try out primarci's suggestion and get back if it works or doesn't

BrokenDaily, Jan 3, 2018
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

What size is that SSD drive ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 6, 2018
  8. Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E)

the ssd is a 30 GB drive

BrokenDaily, Jan 7, 2018
  9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

I see. Too small for OS installation.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 7, 2018
  10. having a bit of a problem making this 200 MB drive on the END of the disk primarci; doing this in windows disk management sets it between my c drive partition and recovery partiton, sets it as a logical drive, and trying to set my SSD as a cache drive still fails with the same error message; have to use easus partition master free edition to delete it and resize the main partition back to normal

if you have further instructions to provide, that would be nice

BrokenDaily, Jan 8, 2018
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your current setup in Diskmanagement ?
    We'll probably have to move the Recovery partition to the left to make room for that 200Mb partition at the end of the drive.
    What is RST using it for, I wonder ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jan 8, 2018
  12. Here's a screenshot of both the reagentc /info and disk management; didn't move any partitions around for fear of messing something up; also, my 30 GB SSD is now available in disk management to do whatever I want to with it; the 465 GB Misc Stuff HDD is for backups of software I might need to reinstall one day, document backups, and in more serious situations, system image backups if my main hard drive pear-shapes

BrokenDaily, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E)

1. Intel RST Drive Cache Creation Problem (Error 0xA005004E) - Similar Threads - Intel RST Drive

2. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  3. intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  4. Intel RST Service - application/GUI problem

Intel RST Service - application/GUI problem: Windows 10, 64-bit. The desktop taskbar icon says that the Intel RST service is not running and I can’t get the application (or at least the UI) to open. The thing is that the service IS running (as per Task Manger etc), consuming CPU merrily. I tested this by unplugging...
  5. Intel RST problem : I'm lost :-(

Intel RST problem : I'm lost :-(: Hi, I'm running Win10 1803 on an Asus X99-A motherboard. I have Windows installed on a Samsung 1TB SSD, I have 2 WCS 1TB in Raid1 and another WCS 1TB for temporary work. I have noticed since some times that the Intel RST service is NOT running any more (maybe after some...
  6. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  7. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  8. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...
  9. Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported

Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported: I've just finished clean installing Windows 10 and I'm trying to install Intel RST ,however, I keep getting an error right at the beginning saying "Platfrom not supported". I've checked to make sure im trying to install the correct version for Windows 10(...
  10. Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings

Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings: I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 with RST version 14.0.0.1143. I have two RAID arrays on the Intel MB controller, a 2-SSD RAID 0 for the system and a 4-SSD RAID 10 for data. I sometimes experienced system freezing when mucking with the write cache settings in the RST app, but...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa005004e

2. 0xa0050053

3. 0xa005004e intel

4. irst 0xa005004e,
  5. intel rst error a005004b,
  6. intel optane error code 0xa005004e,
  7. optane error 0xa005004e,
  8. oxa0010050,
  9. 0xa0010050 rst msi error,
  10. error 0xA005004E,