Windows 10: Intel RST on Creators Update

Discus and support Intel RST on Creators Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have you managed to install Intel RST drivers on a fresh CU copy? I've just installed CU on my new XPS 9360 and when attempting to install RST, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikolajek, Jun 30, 2017.

1. mikolajek Win User

Intel RST on Creators Update

Have you managed to install Intel RST drivers on a fresh CU copy?

I've just installed CU on my new XPS 9360 and when attempting to install RST, I'm getting "platform not supported error". I found some threads over the web saying Intel hasn't updated its RST drivers for CU, but no specifics nor way to overcome were given.

I've tried with the 15.2 version officially advised by Dell but also with 15.7 version got directly from Intel's website. Both installers failed.

:)

mikolajek, Jun 30, 2017
  2. NewSouth Win User

Raid Array won't initialize in disk management

Update:

Solved with latest Intel RST drivers, 15.9.0.1015. Specifically, ran the SetupRST.EXE download to update, and resolved the issues.

Intel's RST driver page is
    here

Thanks!

NewSouth, Jun 30, 2017
  3. Intel RST service is not running win 10 64bit

It worked fine for me until this week's Windows Creator Edition Update was downloaded and installed. Something about this major update has disabled the Intel RST. There always seems to be a problem when major updates are installed.

SamRabinowitz, Jun 30, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Where did you get IRST file from? Your laptop vendor or Intel?

Download it from here. Make sure to download the 4th download down.

swarfega, Jun 30, 2017
  5. mikolajek Win User
    I've actually got one file from Dell's support site and the other from Intel's download site. And it was exactly the exe file you named.

What's stranger I've actually tried to install the Intel file on my old M4800 with Creators Update running and which already has IRST installed - and the effect was the same. The installer wouldn't run successfully on this machine either! It looks there's some conflict between CU and IRST...

On the M4800 I can see this text in the installation log file, yet I can't say what it means:
    Code: 2017:07:01 21:54:56:930: E Win32 exception occurred!! 2017:07:01 21:54:56:930: Error code: 0x4E24 (20004) 2017:07:01 21:54:56:930: Error text: '' 2017:07:01 21:54:56:930: Extended error text: 'Error in device matching'[/quote] At the same time running this file on my 9360 doesn't leave a log file for a review...

mikolajek, Jun 30, 2017
  6. mikolajek Win User
    One more thing that may add value here - my Dell 9360 runs NVMe Toshiba SSD THNSN5512GPUK, so it uses PCIe interface. Some info I came across suggest IRST doesn't support those drives. Can this be the issue?

But if it is so, then why I was able to install IRST on my 9550 with NVMe Samsung SSD drive? *Eek Logically, I shouldn't be able to install it on neither of those machines. And my M4800 runs Samsung SSD 850 connected via SATA, so here I should definitely be able to install IRST and I can't either...

mikolajek, Jun 30, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jul 1, 2017
  8. mikolajek Win User

Thanks Steve C, I've tried the drivers from the mentioned site but I failed.

I've got super-puzzled here - I had no issues with IRST before, so I can only attribute the current issues to the current update...

Plus, considering Dell list those drivers for the particular device (based on the service tag), it looks for me they should be installed and obviously therefore the given installer should run in the installed OS.

mikolajek, Jul 1, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    Side note, mine was installed on an NMVE drive,.

swarfega, Jul 1, 2017
  10. mikolajek Win User
    Exactly, the same happened to me on my other XPS machine! So what's happening here? *Shock

mikolajek, Jul 1, 2017
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

I just installed the latest version from Intel's site successfully.
    Check the readme file on that site to see if your chipset is supported. NVMe is supported by those drivers.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jul 1, 2017
  12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    "Platform not supported" is an Intel error message, is it not? Meaning the message comes up from the Intel installer, not a Windows error message.

It means the installer does not find a compatible chipset for the specific IRST version.
    It is important to understand that newer versions of IRST driver are not always backward compatible to older chipsets. There will be one last IRST driver that will work with your chipset, and that is the last driver you will use for that chipset.

One common problem to check for: go into UEFI/BIOS settings and check to be sure that your SATA controller is still set to AHCI (or RAID). If it is not then the IRST installer will not find a compatible device.
    Kind of obvious, but the setting could have changed with the CU upgrade. Highly unlikely that is the reason, but stranger things have happened.

13. mikolajek Win User

My XPS 9360 has Intel i7-7500U processor, and this platform is listed on the compatible devices on Intel's webpage. Given you say IRST runs on your NVMe drivers, I'd expect mine to run as well.

The BIOS settings are in ACHI mode, they originally were set to RAID mode, but with this one the setup didn't detect my drive when installing Windows, so I've changed RAID into AHCI. This is the standard setting I'm using over all my machines, as on none of them I'm actually using any matrix.

mikolajek, Jul 1, 2017
  14. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

When the controller is set to RAID mode and you perform a clean install you're likely going to have a USB stick ready with the RST drivers on it so they can be installed.
    After that W10 should recognize the drive and install itself on it.

As for the drivers refusing to install, I'm assuming you want to replace the Intel or MS AHCI driver with the latest Intel one, correct ?
    If so, go into Device Manager, right click the controller, properties, Update, Browse My Computer...., Let me pick from..., Have disk.
    Browse to wherever you have these drivers and it should install. Reboot.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jul 1, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Intel RST on Creators Update - Similar Threads - Intel RST Creators

2. Intel RST alert after W10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST alert after W10 update: I just intstalled KB5009543 this AM. No installation issues. When I restarted the computer and I started getting a notification reading as follows:Intel RST"Your system is reporting one or more warnings and data maybe at risk. Open the application for details"I did the...
  3. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  4. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  5. Intel RST- 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intel RST- 1903 update: Any updates on the fix for 1903- intel rst error. When do we expect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-1903-update/5cbbd4a4-918e-4d7a-9b56-568b37d61765
  6. Not updating because of Intel RST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not updating because of Intel RST: [ATTACH] Hello, I am getting this message when updating pc via windows 10 media tool, so I updated intel RST to latest versions but still getting this message. Kindly help me....
  7. Update 1903 with Intel RST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 with Intel RST: Hi, while updating i found out that my pc (an HP Probook 450 G4, with SSD drive ) is one of those that have compatibiliy issues (i have the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"), so i've updated my drivers (from the Intel Site) and got the latest version (17.5.1.1021). That...
  8. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  9. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  10. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ive updated intel rst but win 10 update still flags it as wrong

2. intel RST service is not running hp zbook