Windows 10: intel rst will not install

Discus and support intel rst will not install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 76fortytwo, Apr 9, 2015.

1. intel rst will not install

With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed.

Asus z97a mobo
    Intel i7 4790k
    16Gb gskill ram
    Gtx 970
    Samsung 850 pro ssd

:)

76fortytwo, Apr 9, 2015
  2. Max Barrass, Apr 9, 2015
  3. T-G. Win User
    Windows 10 and Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.0.1001

There are updated dedicated Intel drivers available for Rapid Storage Technology (formerly Matrix Storage Manager).

Your Intel RST software version is 12.9.0.1001 and is not listed as compatible for W10 - the current version is 14.8.0.1042 and is certified as W10 compatible.

You can check for Intel drivers automatically at Drivers & Software it can scan your machine and suggest drivers for download, although Intel RST requires a
    manual installation the first time on a fresh OS.

This universal file (32 & 64 bit) will also install the management console.

SetupRST.zip available here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Version: 14.8.0.1042 (Latest)Date: 12/14/2015

T-G., Apr 9, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

intel rst will not install

Hi 76fortytwo,
    Welcome to the forums, which version are you trying? If it's already installed, you will find it in Control panel, Programs and features. I have v 12.8.0.1016 installed recently.

intel rst will not install [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 9, 2015
  5. Im at work now so I can't say the exact version, but I downloaded the 10049 win10 iso.

76fortytwo, Apr 9, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    @76fortytwo welcome to the forums. Try going to the ASUS site and download drivers for your mb. Download the chipset, and ME drivers, then the RST they list for your MB.

I had the same issue and that worked for me

Dude, Apr 9, 2015
  7. I will try that. Should I download the windows 8 drivers? Thank you

76fortytwo, Apr 9, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Which version of .NET does it want you to install? I'm guessing 3.5, if so then you need to go to Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features On or Off and click the .NET 3.5 checkbox and hit Ok.

Mystere, Apr 9, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Yes, use the windows 8.1 version for W10. Not sure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit. You should add your system specs, it will help when trying to give you advice.

*Arrow System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Dude, Apr 9, 2015
  10. okay, I've checked the box for dot net and downloaded the drivers from asus. still a not installing.

76fortytwo, Apr 10, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    Ahh.. Intel should know better. Windows 10 ships with .NET framework 4.6, but RST wants 4.5. 4.6 is compatible with 4.5, and it shouldn't be a problem, but apparently intel's setup program is being obstinate and demanding 4.5... you can't install 4.5 on Windows 10 because 4.6 is an in-place replacement for it (you can't have both 4.5 and 4.6 installed).

Intel will have to update their setup program to recognize 4.6.

Mystere, Apr 10, 2015
  12. jimbobsf Win User
    jimbobsf, May 15, 2015
  13. sfuller Win User

The 14.5 Console works, as least in 10122. I froze twice after installation so I moved the drivers back to 13.7, but the 14.5 console still works.

sfuller, May 25, 2015
  14. Please note that a logic check is failing in Intel@RST that is looking for .NET 4.5 whereas windows 10 is using an "advanced .NET 4.6". I submitted this as the solution for an updated driver and intel didn't even have the courtesy to respond. They just say dumb things like Windows 10 is beta.

insidernorm, May 28, 2015
  15. batlhilz Win User
    i couldnt install 4.6 preview .NET cause it said "i have 4.5.3 or newer installed" - however, i managed to install .NET 3.5 later without any issues. gotta love love the logic

batlhilz, May 28, 2015
Thema:

1. intel rst will not install - Similar Threads - intel rst install

2. Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST Memory Modules and Drivers not installing.: Hey,I have two issues that I need help for.1. I have an Asus X407UAR Laptop. My SATA Configuration is set to `Intel RST Premium with Optane System Acceleration`. But, when I open the Intel RST app, it shows that there are no Memory Modules installed.2. I cannot install...
  3. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  4. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  5. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  6. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...
  7. Cant install Intel RST program

Cant install Intel RST program: im trying to install intel RST (rapid storage Technology) to try to restore my once blazing fast laptop. not that it works anyway but the setup keeps asking for .net framework 4.5 but windows comes with .net framework 4.6 & 4.5 and below. so i tried disabling the windows...
  8. Intel RST installation set up incorrectly

Intel RST installation set up incorrectly: Hi, I've just bought a Dell refurbished XPS 15, but it seems like whoever reinstalled the system software did it incorrectly, and subsequently the machine is almost unusable. I'm hoping someone here can help me out with how to get it running properly. The issue is that...
  9. Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported

Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported: I've just finished clean installing Windows 10 and I'm trying to install Intel RST ,however, I keep getting an error right at the beginning saying "Platfrom not supported". I've checked to make sure im trying to install the correct version for Windows 10(...
  10. Intel RST Service Not Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel RST Service Not Running: I keep running into this and it is affecting my overall performance. It slows to a crawl at times, mostly when playing videos. Because videos are what I do, it is a problem. I've been chasing this for a while and can't find reliable information. Neither Acer or Intel have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel rst not uninstall