Windows 10: Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in few months

Discus and support Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in few months in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tablets and laptops with Intel's 7th Generation Core chips code-named Kaby Lake should become available in the coming months. Intel is shipping Kaby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in few months

Read more: Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in a few months | PCWorld

:)

Brink, Jul 20, 2016

2. A SIMPLE QUESTION- URGENT

The latest Intel processor is Kaby lake which is still rolling out in various configurations for desktops and laptops.

Kaby Lake - Wikipedia

That said, latest would be commercially available, Intel has a series of future processor technology:

CoffeeLake > Cannonlake > Icelake > Tigerlake

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2016
  3. KritOpas Win User
    Windows freeze and no reponse

Hi BBCar, NickCR1

I'm certain that this problem is caused by using Kaby Lake CPUs and BIOS 7.0.

My Deskmini with a Skylake CPU had been working fine for 8 months. After I upgraded CPU to a Kaby Lake CPU, it started having the same problem you mentioned and both of you use Kaby Lake CPUs

Once I swapped the Kaby lake for the old Skylake, the random freezes were gone.

Too bad no new BIOS since 7.0

KritOpas, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in few months

1. Intel ships Kaby Lake chips, pointing to PC availability in few months - Similar Threads - Intel ships Kaby

2. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake: is any update regarding windows upgrade on specified processor? or will it be FOREVER unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-7th-gen-kaby-lake/39b4c045-8767-436e-a9c6-8487650ea59c
  3. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake: is any update regarding windows upgrade on specified processor? or will it be FOREVER unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-7th-gen-kaby-lake/39b4c045-8767-436e-a9c6-8487650ea59c
  4. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11: I have an Intel I7-7700HQ Kaby Lake CPU, and all the minimum system requirements for Windows 11 apart from the CPU are met - as shown in the PC Health Check screenshots.I'm running a 3 year old which at the time was a high spec MSI gaming laptop with upgraded RAM and SSDI...
  5. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake not supported by Windows 11: I have an Intel I7-7700HQ Kaby Lake CPU, and all the minimum system requirements for Windows 11 apart from the CPU are met - as shown in the PC Health Check screenshots.I'm running a 3 year old which at the time was a high spec MSI gaming laptop with upgraded RAM and SSDI...
  6. Windows 10 and Kaby Lake+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Kaby Lake+: Skylake users given 18 months to upgrade to Windows 10 | Ars Technica Help me understand how this works? I have a 6700k with w7 and w10. How does Microsoft know which CPU one uses with Windows? Would, for example, a W7 computer with a 2600k get updates that mine would...
  7. Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th

in Windows 10 News
    Intel X299 HEDT Platform With Kaby Lake X CPUs To Be Unveiled on 12th: Intel just went into full gear for the launch of their next-generation X299 platform. The new platform will be launched next month and it looks like Intel is going unveil the chips at a grand event on 12th June. It’s Intel, Not AMD, who will be showcasing Next-Gen HEDT...
  8. Intel expands Kaby Lake family as Iris Plus replaces Iris Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Intel expands Kaby Lake family as Iris Plus replaces Iris Pro: For Intel's seventh-generation Core processors, the on-board graphics system formerly known as Iris Pro is now called Iris Plus. [img] The 14-nanometre Kaby Lake family of chips has expanded to 42, with Intel announcing 40 new chips based on its seventh-generation...
  9. Intel reveals Ice Lake 10nm+ chip

in Windows 10 News
    Intel reveals Ice Lake 10nm+ chip: In an unusual move for Intel, the chip giant has ever so slightly taken the wraps off of one of their future generation Core architectures. Basic information on the Ice Lake architecture has been published over on Intel's codename decoder, officially confirming for the first...
  10. Skylake, Kaby Lake chips have a crash bug with hyperthreading enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Skylake, Kaby Lake chips have a crash bug with hyperthreading enabled: Under certain conditions, systems with Skylake or Kaby Lake processors can crash due to a bug that occurs when hyperthreading is enabled. Intel has fixed the bug in a microcode update, but until and unless you install the update, the recommendation is that hyperthreading be...