Windows 10: Intel Wireless-AC 7260 unstable since Windows 10 Creators update ?

Discus and support Intel Wireless-AC 7260 unstable since Windows 10 Creators update ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Since this Windows update the internet connection has become rather unstable - usually manifesting straight after booting up with exclamation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by swayzak, Jun 30, 2017.

1. swayzak Win User

Intel Wireless-AC 7260 unstable since Windows 10 Creators update ?

Hello

Since this Windows update the internet connection has become rather unstable - usually manifesting straight after booting up with exclamation mark on Network connection icon in toolbar (no internet connection).

Using windows network troubleshooting option ends up with network adaptor being reset, but this often freezes at the resetting phase & never actually restarts the adaptor.

Usually a reboot fixes this, but it has never happened before.

There are no new drivers available on the laptop website (Asus TP300LA i7), or via Windows update.

This problem seems similar to that reported here: Windows 10 Creators Update 7260 AC WIFI Dropping |Intel Communities

Any ideas what is going on here ?

Thanks

:)

swayzak, Jun 30, 2017

2. "Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"

There seems to be an Intel site devoted to that adapter...

Support for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

I hope you spot something helpful there. Good luck, & keep us informed.

PCR Just PCR, Jun 30, 2017
  3. No Internet, secured wifi connectivity problem

I solved it by updating driver for my "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" device.

Ronaldvandenberg, Jun 30, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

Hello swayzak,

I, too had some funky stuff happening with my Wi-Fi adapter after the CU update, initially. While nothing was specifically called out in the list of fixes for this patch, KB4022716, after I received this latest update, my Wi-Fi adapter has been rock-solid.

In fact, I had experienced so much difficulty with the Wi-Fi after the CU update, I had gone back to my wired connection and had uninstalled the Wi-Fi adapter.

Following the KB4022716 update, I added the Wi-Fi back to the PC and Windows found it, assigned the correct driver, and now it is working properly again.

Has your system received the KB4022716 update from June 27th?

telepro21, Jun 30, 2017
  5. swayzak Win User
    Thanks

I am currently installing this on all my PCs / laptops (perhaps of note some showed failed updates for KB4022716 in Update history).

swayzak, Jul 1, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Try the Intel drivers. Also go into Command and run netsh wlan show all, then post the output from here from the text output. We need that information to see if the problem could just be your wifi gateway.

bro67, Jul 1, 2017
  7. swayzak Win User
    Thanks

I have had no repeat of issue since installing the MS patch, so fingers crossed ...

Intel said they (and many users) have made M$ aware of the issue & they are apparently looking into it.

swayzak, Jul 10, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Turn off in System to not allow Windows update to update drivers. Also make sure that you have a backup image of your system in case something happens. In Updates, change the settings to wait for over 30 days for non-critical and 30 for critical, so that you have time to review the updates before installing.

bro67, Jul 10, 2017
  9. Dugly Win User
    After many, many attempts at finding a solution for the issue of the AC7260 dropping/disabling, from Win 8.0 through to 10 CU, my solution is to uninstall the PROset wireless software from your system. The drivers remain as installed. I don't know enough about what PROset actually does, but since uninstalling it my AC7260 wireless connection is rock-solid.

Dugly, Jul 20, 2017
  10. sorry, having the same problem, but what's KB4022716 update has to do with this?

Christoph34, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Intel Wireless-AC 7260 unstable since Windows 10 Creators update ? - Similar Threads - Intel Wireless 7260

2. wireless AC adaper 7260 not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless AC adaper 7260 not functioning: my IntelR Dual band wireless-AC 7260 was functioning perfectly until recently it started disconnecting anytime i connect to wifi but the bluetooth still function perfectly, anytime i troubleshoot is shows problem with access point or wireless adapter have tried resetting the...
  3. wireless AC adaper 7260 not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless AC adaper 7260 not functioning: my IntelR Dual band wireless-AC 7260 was functioning perfectly until recently it started disconnecting anytime i connect to wifi but the bluetooth still function perfectly, anytime i troubleshoot is shows problem with access point or wireless adapter have tried resetting the...
  4. wireless AC adaper 7260 not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: First of all Hello. when ı connect to wifi, watching games and movies, mostly no internet. Or out of wifi. I tried everything but couldn't find a solution, PLEASE HELPPP...
  6. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260: I ran some Windows updates and it made it so that my Bluetooth didn't work. In the adapter info it shows that there is Bluetooth capability, but when I try to connect to a Bluetooth device it acts like I don't have a Bluetooth adapter. This happened on two Sony Tap 11...
  7. Intel dual band wireless ac 7260 unable to turn wifi on

Intel dual band wireless ac 7260 unable to turn wifi on: I recently decided to upgrade the wifi for my HP envy dv4 laptop. It came with an intel centrino wireless n 2230 which is capped at less than half my normal download speed. I made sure to uninstall the drivers for the 2230 before putting in the newer 7260. I also made...
  8. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: I bought this card for my Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop early last year when a Windows creator's update caused my original WI-FI card to no longer work. Back then I tried this one and it had the problem of showing no WI-FI networks even though I am 5 feet from my router which...
  9. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 constantly drops connection: Hey guys, first of all, thank you for reading my post. I got a massive problem with my Intel AC 7260 Wireless Adapter in my Alienware Area 51 R2. For some reason, after nearly 3 years of constant performance and no hardware problems at all, the WiFi card of my Area 51 keeps...
  10. Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter

Intel 7260 AC Wi-Fi adapter: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that came with a Dell 1704 A/B/G/N Wi-Fi adapter. This is a rebranded Broadcom card. After Windows 10 Pro conversion since July 2015, the Wi-Fi adapter worked fine but if I activated Hyper-V with Windows 10 Pro, I got BSODs with error 0x50 like: On...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7260 working unstable under window 10

2. intel ac7260 keeps turning off windows 1909

3. windows update breaks intel AC-7260

4. window 10 pro wireless ac 7260,
  5. intel 7260 unstable on ryzen,
  6. windows 10 intel ac 7260 problem