Windows 10: Intel’s new tech will extend laptop’s battery life by four to eight hours

Discus and support Intel’s new tech will extend laptop’s battery life by four to eight hours in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Computex, Intel showed off the new processor Core i7-8086K, Tiger Rapids and Pocket PC. At the same event, the chipmaker also unveiled a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Intel’s new tech will extend laptop’s battery life by four to eight hours

At Computex, Intel showed off the new processor Core i7-8086K, Tiger Rapids and Pocket PC. At the same event, the chipmaker also unveiled a new technology that would extend the battery life of the laptops powered by Windows 10 or other operating systems.

We already know that the single biggest occupier of battery resources is your laptop’s display. Intel’s upcoming Low Power Display Technology aims to improve the battery backup of the laptops, and it could increase laptop battery life substantially. Intel is finally trying to address the biggest issues of notebook owners.

We all run into battery life problems, and the energy goes into powering the backlight. There’s no replacement for the backlight as it illuminates the pixels on display. While the best way to extend battery life is to lower your display’s brightness that can be done with a few settings, Intel has actually developed a new technology that will reduce the power consumption of LCD displays found on most PCs.

The display consumes the most battery in a device, so Intel’s new technology is actually a notebook display panel, and the company calls it a “Low Power Display Technology”.

Interestingly, Intel’s new tech for the display will only draw a single watt of power. It could increase the device’s battery life by as much as four to eight hours. The LDPT (Low Power Display Technology) is indeed a good idea, but there will be some compromises, and it could have a negative impact on the picture quality.

The exterior look of the display remains almost same, and LDPT doesn’t seem to change anything much, but the battery life is indeed extended.

It’s likely that the next generation laptops with Intel’s new technology will hit the market as soon as this holiday season. As noted above, the devices with this technology built-in will be unveiled later this year. The other information including the price is not available at the moment.

The post Intel’s new tech will extend laptop’s battery life by four to eight hours appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 10, 2018

2. Battery life

Hello, I am having a problem with my battery life. It seems that my laptop's estimated battery life time seems to have dropped. It's about a month old and the first time I opened it the estimated time for it at 90% was about 4 hours. Now its about 2-3
    hours and the estimated time just randomly changes, my battery is draining a bit fast too. I game on it about everyday/every few days. My parents always tell me don't use it while charging because it will shorten its battery life. But I looked it up and it
    seems that playing while charging is the best option for battery life and for gaming. I am a bit worried because my laptop which I will use for school is the laptop that is having these battery problems. Can anyone tell me what the problem is or how can I
    extend the battery life. I have an Asus Notebook P0C/Laptop with an I5-8250U 8th Gen CPU with a Nvidia GeForce 940 MX for its video card. I bumped up my battery saver to go on at 65% to see if it will extend my battery life a lot. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

CarylLinatoc, Jun 10, 2018
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Intel’s new tech will extend laptop’s battery life by four to eight hours

1. Intel’s new tech will extend laptop’s battery life by four to eight hours - Similar Threads - Intel’s tech extend

2. New battery has low battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New battery has low battery life: I've just gotten a new battery around 5 months ago and I didn't remember to ask, but why does the new battery only last 2 hours when unplugged from fully charged?The amount of programs and brightness aren't affecting this, and my power plan isn't in high performance mode.Will...
  3. New battery has low battery life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New battery has low battery life: I've just gotten a new battery around 5 months ago and I didn't remember to ask, but why does the new battery only last 2 hours when unplugged from fully charged?The amount of programs and brightness aren't affecting this, and my power plan isn't in high performance mode.Will...
  4. can't turn off battery life extender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't turn off battery life extender: So I remeber turning on a battery life extender but I can't turn it off, when I go to battery settings there is no option to turn it off where the option schould be. Does someone know an other way to turn this off....
  5. can't turn off battery life extender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't turn off battery life extender: So I remeber turning on a battery life extender but I can't turn it off, when I go to battery settings there is no option to turn it off where the option schould be. Does someone know an other way to turn this off....
  6. can't turn off battery life extender

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Laptop battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery life: My laptop stays always stay at around 28%. How can I move it higher up so that it will last longer without the power cord ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/5e177013-db27-417b-b84b-b9a71ae490a6
  8. Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop: I've purchased a new Dell XPS 13 a week ago, and the battery estimate setting has just been going haywire? It'll show 2 hr 45 min remaining on 95%, then bump it up to 11 hrs at 92%, then it'll drop back down to 3 hours at 90%. I've contacted Dell and they checked that...
  9. laptop battery life

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop battery life: If I am using my laptop mostly as a desktop, will it hurt my battery's overall lifetime if I leave it plugged in almost continuously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/aafec315-5acc-4837-b7f4-8671c54841c7
  10. OS battery life hours estimate question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OS battery life hours estimate question: When off commercial power and on battery, is the 'time remaining' based upon the OS' experience with the installed battery/condition or simply based upon the time a certain spec battery 'should' last without regarding the actual health of the battery? Mark 92822