Windows 10: Interactive Services Detection warning

Discus and support Interactive Services Detection warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A couple of days ago started getting a persistant warning just after starting up my Windows 10 laptop. As far as I know I am up-to-date with MS updates... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rodders, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Rodders Win User

Interactive Services Detection warning

A couple of days ago started getting a persistant warning just after starting up my Windows 10 laptop. As far as I know I am up-to-date with MS updates and running x64. I get a brown warning box on task bar which when I click on it comes up with a box but that freezes for a couple of minutes then reverts to my logging in screen so its start again time.
    I have looked under 'Reliablity' and get the following info-
    Faulting application name: igfxEM.exe, version: 6.15.10.4248, time stamp: 0x5591e758
    Faulting module name: igfxDI.dll, version: 6.15.10.4248, time stamp: 0x5591e721
    Exception code: 0xc000041d
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000010d6b
    Faulting process ID: 0x17b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d114e31c5efa1e
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxEM.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxDI.dll
    Report ID: f913ef00-be04-4678-b448-dd47be852f47
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Does anyone know what I should do next? In simple instructions if you do,please. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of prob.

:)

Rodders, Nov 2, 2015

2. Interactive Services Detection Locks Computer

The Services tab is in msconfig, not Task manager. Tick the box there to Hide all MS Services. Then disable all.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 2, 2015
  3. WaltW1 Win User
    Interactive Services Detection Locks Computer

From time to time, I get this popup. If I select 'Ask me later', it pops up a few minutes later. If I select 'View the message', the computer totally freezes.

The only escape I've found is to use the power button. Even control alt delete has no effect.

I have no idea what program is making this request, so I have no idea how to stop it.

Any suggestions?

Interactive Services Detection warning [​IMG]

WaltW1, Nov 2, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Suggest you run an SFC Scannow to see if that can remedy the problem.

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Scroll down to option 3 for the easiest way to run it. You should run it 3 times since it doesn't always fix everything the 1st or second time around.

Additional options:

Borg 386, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Rodders Win User
    Thanks for your detailed reply-very interesting and useful. Tried your no. 1 suggestion which didn't work for me so tried a restore I had from 5 days ago and,while it said it had been unable to restore anything,when I restarted my laptop my problem had gone away.
    Hopefully it doesn't come back but thanks to your reply I would be confident in having a go at it again.Many thanks Borg 386.*Smile

Rodders, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Interactive Services Detection warning - Similar Threads - Interactive Services Detection

2. We noticed that the Interactive Services Detection service was removed from Windows 10 at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    We noticed that the Interactive Services Detection service was removed from Windows 10 at...: We use the service Interactive Services Detection to register a licensing service for our software. I have noticed that it was removed from Windows 10. Will the service only be removed from desktop or also from servers such as Windows Server 2016?...
  3. Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Disk Service-Vlan2-Interactive User: I've been looking to find how someone was an Interactive User on my Windows 10 Laptop, I got no answer back. I have been researching the routing table etc., and I've seen in the past and now accept what a VLan2 is... Recently I've gotten back to what is a Virtual Disk...
  4. Interactive Services Detection LOST/MISSING in Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interactive Services Detection LOST/MISSING in Windows10: I can't find the Interactive Services Detection in services list, in windows10: [ATTACH] Please help me how to install the service or how to resolve the issue?...
  5. User Profile Service Warning 1534

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Profile Service Warning 1534: I have almost 6000 Warning 1534 codes on my computer since February of this year. How can I fix this so it will stop. It is affecting my computer. Running very slowly....
  6. How to delete Interactive Services in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete Interactive Services in Windows 10?: How to delete Interactive Services in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-interactive-services-in-windows-10/df564476-05bd-4949-806e-ec115b382774
  7. The service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not...: Hello, I'm having a hard time making my USB WiFI adapater and RedGear gamepad work on my PC. Both the devices are shown under "Other devices" in the Device Manager. If I try to update the driver automatically or by pointing the direction to the WinSxS folder (got that from...
  8. Interactive services detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Interactive services detection: I am a programmer for a company that provides programs to Courts. Part of the system is our notice processing. This process is started is started through an IBM iSeries via the runrmtcmd command. On the PC there is an IBM executable - cwbrxd.exe which allows to PC to...
  9. False "RPC services unavailable" warnings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    False "RPC services unavailable" warnings.: Has anyone else suffered "RPC service unavailable" warnings (even though the RPC services had been pre-checked OK) while trying to back-up systems in Windows 10 with a x86 based software ? Firewall ON or OFF made no difference....
  10. Inconsistent error warnings: Errors detected, yet no errors detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Inconsistent error warnings: Errors detected, yet no errors detected: My laptop has suddenly started running CHKDSK during startup. After it completes and finishes booting I go to Properties > Tools > Error Checking of my C drive and click “Check”. It says errors were found on this drive and to repair drive now to prevent data loss. I click to...