Windows 10: Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound

Discus and support Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have homebuilt core i7 930 running an asus p5 premium. Whether I use onboard sound (realtek), sound blaster pcix titanium, or sound blaster omni usb,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cmermag, Feb 4, 2016.

1. cmermag Win User

Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound

I have homebuilt core i7 930 running an asus p5 premium. Whether I use onboard sound (realtek), sound blaster pcix titanium, or sound blaster omni usb, I get strange behavior where the sound will drop out while I'm watching a tv app (hdhomerun, or kodi as well), or listening to music.. at random times, could be 5 minutes, could be 45 minutes. To get the sound back, if I click the speaker icon and click the bar that plays the windows ding, it plays (a little crackly during the first few milliseconds, then clear, like it's waking up) and then sound plays normally until this happens again. So it's propagating through multiple different drivers. I read somewhere that audio devices can sleep (I suppose laptops mainly? Maybe I read it wrong).

Did some searches, found nothing similar, most are "no sound". Thoughts?

Thanks

:)

cmermag, Feb 4, 2016

2. Streaming Pandora on Window Phone

Hi Bob,

IS the problem specific to Pandora or does the audio drop out if you play music files stored on the phone. It sounds like a buffering issue, is the quality of the cellular connection good enough to playback streaming audio?

Christopher Miller, Feb 4, 2016
  3. CobraII Win User
    Audio problems with nokia lumia 928

Same problem here. Phone ear piece sound dropped out almost immediately out of the box. Have to use speaker to make calls. Music output played for the first day then started dropping out. Now doesn't play unless the headset jack is in. Removing the headset
    gives me a few seconds of music then a crackle and no sound. New phone being sent by VZW.

CobraII, Feb 4, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, I do have similar problem in my laptop, the sound drops intermittently while listening to Internet radio in my laptop, I am testing High performance mode in Power Options, next I will be trying uninstalling the sound driver and let Windows install the driver, if I come across a solution, will report back.
    EDIT: No luck with both methods*cry

brummyfan, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound - Similar Threads - Interesting Audio Problem

2. New and interest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New and interest: It switches to Chinese How do you change back to Eng. Issue happened after update nothing else. Appreciate if there is anything to do or any work around. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-and-interest/b9df823d-c9c0-4538-8b15-ce885e14681a
  3. New and interest

in Windows 10 Customization
    New and interest: It switches to Chinese How do you change back to Eng. Issue happened after update nothing else. Appreciate if there is anything to do or any work around. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-and-interest/b9df823d-c9c0-4538-8b15-ce885e14681a
  4. Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Angry Bluetooth Audio Problem - BT Drops after another source plays sound and stops.: Ok, so I've got a minor but highly-annoying issue that I've never had the time to get to the bottom of. Hoping someone here can throw me an epiphany. This originally started out in r/vlc but I can now reproduce outside of VLC. My setup/use-case: I use VLC to play IPTV...
  5. Audio Dropped Out Suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Dropped Out Suddenly: All of a sudden I have no audio. My speakers are turned on and volume is up. Edge tabs all show that they are not muted. Sound was fine two minutes ago and now it's gone. I can't restart because I'm downloading something and if the download is interrupted the last 12 hours...
  6. Audio drop outs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio drop outs in Windows 10: Very frustrated here! I bought a new mini pc NUC and after installing my audio production software I noticed that any audio played on the system is plagued by drop outs etcetera. I then checked out some forums and found this is a huge problem for many other audio producers...
  7. Audio Drop Outs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Drop Outs: Hello, Have an i7 windows 10 Dell with 32GB RAM and 2 TB solid state HD. I produce music and this new machine is almost unuseable compared to my older Windows 7 unit. I get constant Audio glitches such as clicks and pops and audio dropouts and I've been told that this...
  8. Realtek Audio Playing Sound Out of One Side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Playing Sound Out of One Side: So I recently installed the Realtek audio driver for my windows 10 pc and when I played audio after that, it only played out of one side of my headphones. I tried uninstalling it, but now it gets rid of all my audio completely if I uninstall it. This is super annoying, and I...
  9. Problem with internet drop outs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with internet drop outs: My boys who live with their mum have sky fibre 38mb download, 9mb upload & it stays connected no issue's what so ever. However the sky black router is only b/g 54g. So wifi won't be great. But it's wired up to a duel band router 300mbps & it works great. However a small...
  10. Out of interest

in Windows 10 Support
    Out of interest: Now just out of interest I am wondering why on the three machines In have running 10 I can attach such functions as cmd , msconfig, downloads, Pic, Docs etc to the Start menu or taskbar for easy access but no one machine is exactly the same as the others. For example I have...