Windows 10: Interesting hibernation & update behavior

Discus and support Interesting hibernation & update behavior in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I tend to hibernate most of the times, never had a problem. Suddenly I kept getting "Your PC needs to be repaired" coming out of hibernation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DJG, Sep 21, 2015.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Interesting hibernation & update behavior

I tend to hibernate most of the times, never had a problem. Suddenly I kept getting "Your PC needs to be repaired" coming out of hibernation consistently. Regular booting, no problem. Out of curiosity I checked to see if some update had been applied that might have caused this behavior. What I found was that failed KB3087040 update.

After manually applying the update and back on "Your PC is up to date" status, hibernation started working again.

:)

2. Yet another HTC Touch that wont connect to WMDC on VISTA

Fragile is an understatement Andrew.....

The "hibernation" is an interesting solution ... Keep us updated on the status ... I am very interested to see how it works out.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 21, 2015
  3. remaker Win User
    Stop Code: VIDEO TDR FAILURE What Failed atikmpag.sys with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series since the Windows Fall Creator update 1709

It seems that this behavior is linked to

• Old ATI chipsets
    • With dual monitors
    • Resuming from Hibernate
    • In the Fall Creators Update (1709) or
    • Systems with KB4038788 and KB4040724 installed.

The fix is to prevent the system from hibernating and/or disabling fast start.

See also: BSOD VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys, resuming f... | Community

remaker, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

Interesting hibernation & update behavior

1. Interesting hibernation & update behavior - Similar Threads - Interesting hibernation update

2. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  3. Interesting....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Interesting....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PowerfulQuail9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/doqp5s/interesting/
  4. Windows 10 Update Behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Behavior: Wanted to find out HOW to change The Behavior of Windows Update?? Recent Event: I was in a MMO Game doing a Raid with a Group. Update Literally Yanked Me out of the Game so it could Update my Windows. I was NOT a Happy Camper. Sad Part is I was the Raid Leader. Can't Update...
  5. Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?: Booted up Gayle's little HP Laptop this morning and got the update window with "Lets Get Started" and saying "they" had some things to perform before the update. In retrospect, I should have connected an Ethernet cable, but oh well. After just over two hours of what I...
  6. Interesting Aspect to Win10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Interesting Aspect to Win10 updates: My wife has a Toshiba Satellite Notebook about 2 years old. She has been getting a message about a failed update and I found it was for an Elan Input Device and the update for it would never complete, about 6 times. The solution was quite simple once I got it figured out what...
  7. Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior: Recently i've had some strange issues with my computer waking from hibernate. I'm running a 6600k Gtx 1070 setup. The first time *yesterday* after waking from hibernate my graphics card? or driver did not start up or something. The screen never got a signal and i was forced...
  8. Weird behavior after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behavior after update: I had a recent update of win10. After that everything is ok except when I launch applications a small window with an html file open with the buttons save and open. If I open they open in the browser but nothing happen if I save them the same because the message is till...
  9. Change in Wake and Hibernation behavior in v1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Change in Wake and Hibernation behavior in v1703: In Windows 7 and for the entire life of W10 I have used the command cmd.exe /c "exit" to awaken one of my computers at 0600 each morning. I hibernate the computer each evening when done using it. The computer would awaken at 0600 and stay awake. Since installing v1703 the...
  10. Strange behavior after waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior after waking from hibernate: Lately my computer has been doing strange things after waking from hibernate. The first time 2 days ago after waking from hibernate my monitor did not wake up and just remained a black screen, yet after i restarted the computer it acted as if i had just woken it and the...